Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Realtime Dart info on mobile

• 28-04-2005 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭

Check this out: http://blog.no-mad.net/dartmobile
    I hope Dart commuters will find it useful.

I'm the author of this thing, so questions and suggestions are welcome.

anton

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

Or you could just text for example "DART CONNOLLY" to 53700.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭anton

Well, you could of course.
    But, with DARTXT each request cost you 30 cent and one request with DartMobile is somewhere about 0.5 - 0.25 cent (unless you're on Vodafone).
    Plus, you don't need to type the name of the station, - just select it from the list (which btw, is nicely sorted with most often used stations on top).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭morlan

Hmm, tis a nice idea but it didn't work on my T630... left you a message on yer forum

Ok, so how much will it cost on vodafone any why is it more expensive?

Because (correct me if I'm wrong) Vodafone charges minimum 20¢ per GRPS connection.
    Check the Vodafone GPRS pricing, I think that one request should cost somewhere under 25 cent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Looks nice and handy ... but I get an error

javax.microedition.io.connectionnotfoundexception::null

Any Ideas ???

Phone is Sony Ericcson K700i

Make sure that you have GPRS Internet Access enabled for your account, and have correct settings on your phone.

To request settings for your phone, you can use one of GPRS configurators listed here:

http://blog.no-mad.net/gprs-configurators/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Your gprs connection was down?

yeah I think I have a problem with my GPRS connection :( ... will check its settings ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

LizardKing wrote:
    yeah I think I have a problem with my GPRS connection :( ... will check its settings ..
    Make absolutely sure you have a FULL GPRS data account set up on your phone to connect to this service, ie. NOT WAP GPRS. Also make sure you call your network (esp. on meteor) and ensure it's enabled on their end. I have a K500i and had to set it up like this for email clients to work properly with pop3 servers. WAP GPRS seems to screw non-wap data movements up.

• Advertisement

All sounds very confusing! I think I willl stick to DARTtext or the trusty old reliable, my timetable booklet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't mind you advertising so much, but I'd like you to post up the cost from each network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

excellent idea.

anyway to set a favourite station?

//
    edit just saw it saves to the top of the list :D
    best phone app ever,
    you should get a nobel prize mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

Victor wrote:
    I don't mind you advertising so much, but I'd like you to post up the cost from each network
    its a free service,
    only charges are network related so hes not really advertising for profit is he?

you can see when your phone requests gprs access that its not dialling some 1580 number.

im sure if he posted the bytes required to query the service ot would be fairly miniscule.

You're right, the service is free, the cost of request is a cost of receiving about 500 bytes per request via GPRS.

I'd like to post actuall costs, but I don't really know 'cause it depends on your operator and plan.

murphaph wrote:
    Make absolutely sure you have a FULL GPRS data account set up on your phone to connect to this service, ie. NOT WAP GPRS. Also make sure you call your network (esp. on meteor) and ensure it's enabled on their end. I have a K500i and had to set it up like this for email clients to work properly with pop3 servers. WAP GPRS seems to screw non-wap data movements up.

Yeah I think I just have WAP GPRS (as i can access wap pages) Is it possible to get Full GPRS on "Ready to Go" vodafone ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

how can you find out which type of GPRS you have?
    Im on O2 and can access wap pages (i downloaded the app from your website)

what is the difference between full and wap access??

Usually, there are several kinds of GPRS settings on the phone:

GPRS WAP <- so you can access wap pages
    GPRS MMS <- to send an receive MMS messages
    GPRS Internet <-- this is the one used by DartMobile

To make sure that you have GPRS Internet access, try to request GPRS settings for your phone (ring your operator or use one of these GPRS configurators http://blog.no-mad.net/gprs-configurators/ )

Also, It's a good idea to confirm with your operator that you have GPRS Internet access enabled/provisioned on your account.

I don't know wether you can get GPRS Internet on Vodafone "Ready to Go", I think it is not turned on by default, so you'd better ring their support and ask.

BTW, I don't know if it's appropriate to post all this GPRS related stuff to "Commuting / Transport", so I'd be happy to answer all GRRS questions in "Mobiles / PDA" in this thread http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=232293

Or you can post any support queries on my forum http://forum.no-mad.net/ (no registration required)

Advertisement