Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is fota island beatable today at 3.45?

• 28-04-2005 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭

Ive backed mariah rollins before and won, she's owned by a syndicate of which a director here is a member and he is always pretty bullish about her chances, fota island looks too good today tho

any one any input

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

This is a big step up in class for fota today don't forget. It could be worth chancing one of the cheltenham let downs...I'm not a watson lake fan so maybe war of attrition can come back to winning ways here. In saying that....It would be great to see fota win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

I was originally looking at mariah rollins as a possible but I'm leaning more towards Watson Lake at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Our Ben looks good value at 9/4 (Paddypower) w/o Emotional Moment & Solerina in the 4.20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Cyrus wrote:
    Ive backed mariah rollins before and won, she's owned by a syndicate of which a director here is a member and he is always pretty bullish about her chances, fota island looks too good today tho

any one any input

Fota Island has won Grade 3 handicaps at Cheltenham and Aintree and though probably capable of better he faces genuine Grade 1 performers here. Watson Lake came out best of those who ran in the Arkle, finishing a good fourth to Contraband, and ran another fine race when third to Like-A-Butterfly in the Powers Gold Cup. He looks sure to be in the shake-up but Mariah Rollins, sixth in the Arkle, has had a nice break and can take this with the mare's allowance. War Of Attrition, seventh at Cheltenham, couldn't get to grips with Ashley Brook at Aintree and had a hard race.

My Tip Mariah Rollins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Great race, Watson just ran out of steam. Gold star goes to fade2black(and me Da ;)) with War of Attrition.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭tiedcottage

Exciting race, not the best quality, though. We English can cling to the knowledge that our 2m novice chasers are some way ahead of the Irish ones this year. Either Ashley Brook, Kauto Star or Sporazene would have taken these quite easily.

I'd say Watson Lake looks like a top class 2m handicapper int he making, but nowhere near champion chase class. War of Attrition looks ideal for the Daily Telegraph Chase next year, the way he stayed on, should be right up his street. Fota Island needs trying at this level again after turning AP's saddle into an ejector seat manufacture by Q.

Advertisement