Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Strange area to see clamping....

Options
  • 28-04-2005 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

I have noticed on a number of occasions while driving down Botanic Avenue, you know the park along there and there are parking areas there... well sometimes i see cars clamped there and as far as i know there is no reason for them to be clamped.. its not pay and display, they are not causing an obstruction, its a public park, there are no signs i have ever seen saying you cant park in the parking spaces OR even that there is a limit of how long you can park there...

Anyone from the area have any ideas??
    Any other strange spots??

Oh I remember one sunday driving up to stevens green SC (the road leading to the back) and there was a clamper doing about 10 cars in loading bays.. thing is they are NOT loading bays on sunday so he was in the wrong.. anyway a few hours later i came by and all the same cars were there but no clamps :D:D

Clampers... the people you love to hate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Saruman wrote:
    I have noticed on a number of occasions while driving down Botanic Avenue, you know the park along there and there are parking areas there... well sometimes i see cars clamped there and as far as i know there is no reason for them to be clamped.. its not pay and display, they are not causing an obstruction, its a public park, there are no signs i have ever seen saying you cant park in the parking spaces OR even that there is a limit of how long you can park there...
    They may have been towed from elsewhere and rather than taken to the pound, positioned there and clamped so the tow-truck can be used to remove multiple obstructions rather than spending most of it's time to and from the pound.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Interesting but is that legal? I mean if the car is moved somewhere and then some skangers smash it up would the company not be liable??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Saruman wrote:
    Interesting but is that legal? I mean if the car is moved somewhere and then some skangers smash it up would the company not be liable??

I can't see how on earth they can get away with moving your vehicle & randomly dropping it elsewhere...surely that counts as theft?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

The moving cars and clamping them in place has been "common" practice for the last few years. Particularly for cars in clear-ways/bus lanes, they tend to be moved to a nearby disk parking location and clamped.

I certainly saw them do it around rathmines/rathgar in 2000...

Paddy

Advertisement