Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alternatives to 3 Series BMW

Options
  • 28-04-2005 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭

I like the E46 3 Series but an put off buying one with the new model just arrived. Im looking for an alternative but similar car. Can anyone give me a few recommendations.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

The new Volvo S40 is selling really well....not sure if you would pick up any second hand ones yet but its a good lookin car IMO
    CM_S40_604PX.jpg
    s40_ext_604x314_10.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

xabi wrote:
    I like the E46 3 Series but an put off buying one with the new model just arrived. Im looking for an alternative but similar car. Can anyone give me a few recommendations.

Thanks

Lexus IS200 - new model on sale at the end of the year though. Good resale value and aftersales service.
    Audi A4 - recent facelift ruined the looks imo.
    Merc C Class - probably not as sporty as the BMW and a facelifted model is just around the corner.
    SAAB 9-3 - uses the Opel Vectra chassis so make up your own mind after that. 1.9 diesel is from Alfa Romeo.

Outsiders:
    Honda Accord - doesn't have the badge of the others but a very capable car.
    VW Passat - new bigger model on sale next month, again doesn't have the executive badge.
    Volvo S40 - shares alot of parts with the Ford Focus but the rear legroom and boot are average. Previous S40 depreciation was hard so new model could follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Alfa Romeo 159

:d

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

If sheer driving experience is what you're after in that class of a car, Alfa Romeo is your only alternative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

What kind of price range are you looking at?

• Advertisement
Advertisement