Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e-mail in c++

Options
  • 28-04-2005 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

hey im am wondering dose anyone know if it is possible to send an email in a c++ program. I dont want to use any VB.net crap in fact no .Net..just plain and simple c++.

steps
    make a string put this in a mail and send it..i am wondering is there an STL standard for this or do i really have to use c#

also this will be running on a desktop with internet access.but do i need a server to send this once the code in in the c++ program. ie when u click on the exe will it just send the mail or do u need a special environment. because i intend to run this exe on more than 1 pc so i need it to be portiable

anyway thats it any help would be great..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Adblock wrote:
    hey im am wondering dose anyone know if it is possible to send an email in a c++ program.

of course it is.
    Adblock wrote:
    or do i really have to use c#

Ya cos C# has been around so long, all Email Clients were written in it. :rolleyes:
    Adblock wrote:
    also this will be running on a desktop with internet access.but do i need a server to send this once the code in in the c++ program. ie when u click on the exe will it just send the mail or do u need a special environment.

I would imagine you would send the email to your ISP outgoing Mail server. no special envirment needed if you use standard C++;

Heres a link to get you started the source is available in a link at the bottem of the page.

Linky

Good Luck with the project.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Adblock

i suppose i could have searched the net ..but i am very lazy and hoped to just get the code handy but ah no harm i just give a look at the link ya sent on

thanks
    Adblock

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭theexis

You might find using CDO via COM the simplest option.

Advertisement