Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Synchronising time to client PC's

• 28-04-2005 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a way of pushing the time from a PDC to client PC's in a network. If there is a way of doing it in Windows 2003 great, or if there is a utility out there i can use then thats grand too. I know you can setup a script on the pcs to run at logon but i'd rather be able to do it from the server.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

Im not really sure what your asking but if it is a pdc then your running active directory which means that all your pc's will automatically sync with it at boot up

If this is not what your looking for give me more info!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You may also be able to set it up in the group policy under Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Windows Time Servers

I'm not sure if this can be used to force synchronisation though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

As far as I remember the windows time servers is for that gps time server s**t ( Which is a complete waste of time unless your company is multi million euro company that requires time sync between the earth and mars)
    that syncs the the time for the dc, I'm almost positive that the time syncs automatically with all clients in the domain. Seamus could be right though, give the gp's a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Here ya go... simple search in the M<S knowledge base...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;816042

I have done this with Windows 2000 dc and use Trinity colleges maths Dept servers. Works grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

it is possible i guess to deploy time sync, i'm not techie but in our office with 70++ pcs on Win2003 domain, the time is sync, so does the telephones and other device connected to the network. i might be wrong thou.

• Advertisement
Advertisement