Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ebdons behaviour

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Yes, I saw the game.

Yes, Ebdon played really slow in order to get the upper hand on his opponent.

No, I don't think that was unsporting or bringing the game into disrepute.

Yes, I do think O'Sullivan lost his head with the frustration of being away from the table for so long.

All my opinion of course, and I dont know if this debate can go any further although as far as online debates go, its been a great one. Very nice to see it can still happen.

Eirebhoy - thanks for the link in your sig - got a great tip off that site last weekend and it came up for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

eirebhoy wrote:
    The people saying we're annoyed because we wanted Ronnie to win obviously don't like Ronnie judging by the comments.
    I specifically said that. I couldn't give a toss either way, I think they're both muppets. I'm not even a huge fan of snooker, I just watch if it's on while I'm channel-hopping, just like I only posted in this thread cos I spotted it while viewing new posts, wondered what Ebdon was supposed to have done wrong, and found a bunch of people talking complete arse. I hope this clears things up.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I still haven't got a reply about the touching ball incident by anyone yet. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

The touching ball incident took maybe a minute, a minute 30? Hardly time to get the tent out.

Will you let the time wasting escape your head for a minute. The touching ball incident was a completely different scenario and imo the silliest thing Ebdon did all night. That is not welcome in this sport. Pretending he thought the ball was touching to rile an opponent up. He's a bloody dickhead. If he wanted to win this tournament for the money, fair enough, but he makes enough money playing without having to cheat his way through. I would put that touching ball incident down as a little bit of cheating tbh.

I would be congratulating Ebdon only for this incident, believe me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

eirebhoy wrote:
    The touching ball incident was a completely different scenario and imo the silliest thing Ebdon did all night. That is not welcome in this sport. Pretending he thought the ball was touching to rile an opponent up
    You're assuming that he was pretending. Why are you so sure that he didn't really think they were touching?

MrPinK wrote:
    You're assuming that he was pretending. Why are you so sure that he didn't really think they were touching?
    You don't have to study phychology to know the way he was reacting was not what you do when you think its touching. Its not even debatable, just believe me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Fair play to ebdon. He wanted to win, and he did. He stuck to his guns, and made a great comeback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭RedRules5

How good can your game be if your ability to pot a ball is determined by the length of time you're sat before getting to the table? What about players making unbelievable comebacks from big deficits, they would hardly touch a ball, be domoralised and yet still be able to make frame winning breaks.
    I do believe PE intentionally set out to play slowly as is his right, his error was to deny what was obvious to everybody.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Hmm strange post actually and I think it's difficult to avoid bias. I actually thought on the night that ROS was more unsporting. Strange how opinions differ. I'm not a fan of either player but I think Ebdon is a pretty genuine guy.
    I've watched snooker for over 20 years now (a bitter life long Jimmy fan) and I honestly think Ebdon is just a very intense player who loses all perpective when making a huge effort to win a match. I believed him when he said he was not trying to put ROS off his game. Obviously others don't so what can you do. Sorry guys but unless you can proove you know what was going through Ebdon's mind then you have to forget it.
    Ronnie was downright ignorant in his behaviour (that is not the way to deal with the situation). I agree with the fact that he is a genuis on the table but tbh the "problems" he has are getting a bit tiresome now. Give me fast players like Mathew Stevens who amazingly just play the game with little fuss.

Advertisement