Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banning not working?

Options
  • 28-04-2005 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

I've tried banning this guy from the Jazz board twice already, but for some reason it's not taking and he comes back and posts up the same spam again. He's also posted the exact same crap on all the other music boards too.

I tried banning him by clicking on his name and 'Ban this user!' but obviously it's not working... what am I doing wrong?

I would also appreciate it kindly if someone could 12-click this guy.
    Cheers.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

perhaps posting potential problems like this would be better placed in the mod board so as not to alert every muppet in this place?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What happens after you click "ban this user"?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I agree; off with satchmo's head.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

what's wrong with the Mod Forum Satch!? :eek:

btw
    how exactly are you banning him?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Shhhsssss ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

satchmo banned from AH, comp.*

Can you check if this has worked?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Satchno

he ahs already been reported here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2679327&posted=1#post2679327 and I sent him a pm asking him to sesist. He has not posted since the 26th, 2 days ago. It may be a bit harsh to take action against someone who may have realised the error of their ways.

i might ask you all to reconsider the banning for a 2 day old offence, unless he poststhis stuff again.

:)

Vex
    satchmo banned from AH, comp.*

Troj did you ban satchmo? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I.ll take my Shhhsssss back, Banning is definitely working. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

And how exactly am I meant to get on the Mod board if nobody tells me about it and it doesn't show up in the System menu?! Some kind of telepathic/teleportation machine?

Seriously, if anyone has one of those machines I'd love to have a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

satchmo wrote:
    And how exactly am I meant to get on the Mod board if nobody tells me about it and it doesn't show up in the System menu?! Some kind of telepathic/teleportation machine?

Seriously, if anyone has one of those machines I'd love to have a go.
    :rolleyes: Newbie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

one of the main requirement to be a mod is telepathic or physcopathic ability.... which one do you have?

I think most mods have a good browse of the forums to see whats there on a regular basis, its found under system, and you can only see the forum if you are a mod, I dont think anyone was having a go at you!.

if you were not aware of it, I can only blame the other admins, it never dawned on me that we should tell new mods, we will add that to the list of things to do

V.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Lexmark.Printer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Not letting Hosted Mods. in I see. That racism!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

satchmo wrote:
    And how exactly am I meant to get on the Mod board if nobody tells me about it and it doesn't show up in the System menu?!
    Yeah DeV told me :D.. He said "there's a moderator forum in private". Took me ages to find it!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Not letting Hosted Mods. in I see. That racism!
    You have your own board.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=507

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Vexorg wrote:
    its found under system, and you can only see the forum if you are a mod, I dont think anyone was having a go at you!.

t'aint visible on the drop down menus (of course, none of the private forums are though)

I was linked to it when I was first made mod by DeVore - I presumed that was standard :p though perhaps the occasional one slips through the net.

Sorry satchmo if you thought I was having a go - it occured briefly that you may not have been introduced to the forum, but when I saw your join date I presumed that not to be the case.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I was never linked to it either but I thought to myself when I was made mod "I wonder can I see any other boards now"...

Advertisement