Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moderatership PART I or PART II???

• 28-04-2005 2:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭

Can anyone pleas tell me the difference between the following:
    • TSM Pattern B - Moderatership Part I
    • TSM Pattern B - Moderatership Part II
    I face my subject choices for JS and need to know what is the difference between the PART I and PART II degrees. I'll be moving into Pattern B Economics come SS but can't find any information on what the difference between the degrees are. I think PART II is more prestigous by the looks of things but all I can find is course requirements...
    Help would be handy!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ask in the departmental office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

It's my job to know these things!

(this is copied from me answering the same Q on tcdsu.org, but pasted here for the info of anyone else who comes across the question and wonders what the story is..)
    Said the Educat:

For students doing TSM Pattern B (i.e. one subject for 3 years and the other for 4), this applies.

Mod Part I is your 'finals' for your minor subject, i.e. the one you do for 3 years. It's at the end of your JS year.
    Mod Part II is your 'finals' for your major subject, i.e. the one you do for 4 years. It's at the end of your SS year, including your JS year too. Most TSM subjects (at present) do not examine students in thir major subject at the end of the JS year - however some do!

Your degree - your moderatorship - is based on part I and part II together. Based on a split of 35% for I and 65% for II. It's two parts of the one degree, basically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

fair play on those boyos who designed that course - no chance they could have just called it your 'major' and 'minor' options??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭gom

Cheers Daithi. Google just couldn't find me the answer.

I unfortunitly am an economics student so will be sitting a JS exam :(. I think Geography are the other unlucky ones

Advertisement