Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creating DVD's

• 28-04-2005 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭

Anybody know any software that I can use to convert AVI's and MPEG's into dvd format so that they can be viewed on the dvd player on the telly ??

21/25

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol

was looking for somethign similar a while back and found nero vision express to be pretty useful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I like DIKO (thanks to macros42 for that one). It's AVI only by default, but it has the goods to convert mpg into dvd style. You just need to be a bit more adventurous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You're welcome :)

I like DIKO a lot - it's not the quickest but it does the job very very well. I just leave it running overnight. Converted a 2-file movie to dvd at the weekend - worked a treat. And the fact that it uses DVD DeCryptor to burn it automatically is a nice touch.

Khannie: How did you get it to do MPG as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

DVD Santa is the secks, look it up.

Fairy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Definite thumbs up for DVD Santa - searched high and low for a fool-proof program (for my parents) and this was the simplest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BeerBurp

to make perfect dvds from avi heres a guide thats never failed me.tools are free from www.rita.lt
    A Quick Guide to Change Avi to Dvd
    Programs Needed
    Avi Decompressor
    Avic 4cc Changer
    TMPGenc
    TMPGenc Author
    Firstly use Decompressor to change the avi to a pcm audio format
    Next use Avic to change the avi pcm file to Divx, especiall y if it is Xvid, both boxes in in Avic must be changed to divx.
    Now TMPGenc
    On opening TMPGenc you will get the wizard up, at this point, you need to change on the left to Dvd Pal,
    now in the box on the right, change to CBR MPEG-1 Layer II Audio (MP2)
    Click Next
    At this box, browse at Video File and use the avi_pcm, the audio will goin in automatically
    Further down change aspect ratio to 16.9 display, (the one second from bottom)
    Click Next
    Go to other settings bottom right, click audio tab at the top and change this to 128, then click advanced
    and here go to video arrange method and change this to Full Screen (keep aspect ratio)
    click ok and then Next
    At this point the box that says Makes File Size change this to 96%, this is perfect for a 4.7gb Dvd Disc.
    Click next and ok etc, all done now. These are the only settings you need to change in TMPGenc.
    Anything else leave alone.
    then u open dvd author chapter edit it...burn the vobs to dvd...presto ur sorted

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Maybe try WinAVI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 numanoid

Have to agree with the above. DVD Santa is the dogs Bo**ox. Cheap and simple to use (even for an idiot like me). You can pick it up for @ £20.00. Caoutionary tale tonight though - McAfee just attacked the .exe file on my DVD Santa because there appears to be a bad worm doing the rounds. I expect it should be cured shortly, though.

Advertisement