Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom 2Mb lines

• 28-04-2005 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know approx how long Eircom have been offering 2Mb lines for the 55 euro a month package?

Thanks,
    Noel.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

2nd April from 10PM

But there was always a plus package, it only got boosted to 2Mb then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

about 2/3 weeks now

Little behind on the accuracy there GaRth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Am on the 2Mb package connecting at 864 downstream and 128 upstream. Downloads at 80KB/sec
    IrishIspTest.com -> Upload @ 103Kb/Sec Download @ 725Kb/Sec
    Cnet.com -> Download @ 377.6Kb/Sec

EDIT: supposed to be on the 2Mb package...

Wow that is horrible.

I'm not on eircom, so I don't know exactly how to do this, but can you get into the stats of the modem and post your Line Attentuation & Relative Line Capacity (along with the signal to noise ratio)

Is the modem plugged into the main phone socket or some shítty extension?

.snapscan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

axer wrote:
    Hi,
    Does anyone know approx how long Eircom have been offering 2Mb lines for the 55 euro a month package?

Thanks,
    Noel.
    Smart telecom are offering 2Mb for €35 which includes line rental. If you sign up early the offer free lifetime line rental. Waiting for it to be active but I have signed up. Anybody got details on it's performance

Wow that is horrible.

I'm not on eircom, so I don't know exactly how to do this, but can you get into the stats of the modem and post your Line Attentuation & Relative Line Capacity (along with the signal to noise ratio)
    .snapscan

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin: 12.92 20.00 dB
    Line Attenuation: 36.24 22.00 dB
    Output Power: 17.14 11.97 dB
    Errored Seconds: 0 0
    Loss of Signal: 0 0
    Loss of Frame: 0 0
    CRC Errors: 0 0
    Data Rate: 864 128
    ATM port status : Up
    Rx data rate (bps) : 864
    Tx data rate (bps) : 128

Is the modem plugged into the main phone socket or some shítty extension?
    .snapscan

No, it has a direct line. I think they never upgraded me to 2Mb. Contacted them but since tuesday their net contractors (CityWest) are investigating the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

They've only put 60 people onto the Smart system, they've 26,000 people signed up but apparently Eircom are playing silly buggers with them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

im on eircom 2mb and the line is seriously fast, 215k/sec most of the time and pings of 25ms to ireland and 30ms to uk.

I am still fighting with eircom. I am paying 45euro a month for a 2MB line with them because i took up an offer at the beginning for 10 euro off each month, but they seem to have "forgotten" to put me on 2MB. Of course they have to get citywest to test it etc. But am sick of waiting. Connection speed showing on my router is now 832Kb downstream & 128Kb upstream.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

what's the deal with this? i'm on Eircom BB, do i have to ring and subscribe or is my connection automatically upgraded? I haven't noticed any speed changes when browsing. :confused:

check your router (go to expert mode) and it will tell you your connection speed or go to www.irishisptest.com They were supposed to upgrade automatically but have obviously missed me or else my line cant handle it. Apparently they are still investigating mine......

Advertisement