Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Greystones anyone moving there?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭EMPM

What do the management company do for the fee bar provide insurance.
    did anybody get a copy of the contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

EMPM wrote:
    What do the management company do for the fee bar provide insurance.
    did anybody get a copy of the contract?

The only other thing they would do is general maintenance of the grounds, street lights etc. €500 seems quite expensive per house given that the waste charges are not included. I will have to double check the contracts to see if there are any specifics.

Is there a different management company per part of the estate? This is sometimes the case in other complexes where each building has it's own management company.

On another note, has anyone had any problems dealing with Breretons carpets - I am presuming that all the Charlesland apartments came with a voucher that can be used there? To date, I am far from impressed with them - and we can't do much until the bloody carpets are down :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Johnc72

hc wrote:
    Hiya Terri.D, you must be just up from myself and my boyf, we're 184. That horse is so cool! I've been feeding him all our old carrots. He's so friendly!

Had not one, but two visits from NTL the other night, what was that all about?! We told him we had Sky and he left us alone.

No idea who owns the cat but i've seen him around too. I think that's what all the dogs bark at. Can you hear them as well?! Every morning and evening one starts barking and then they all start! It wrecks my head at the weekends when I'm trying to have a lie-in!

Hey Terri D. That cat has been staring me out of it sisnce we moved in. Have to say I love the horse, scared the bjewellies out of me when I first saw him staring over my fence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SJ

:)Hi all, long time no speak! That's dissapointing about breretons carpets - we were only there last week and they seemed pretty good :( . Can I just ask a question to all u 2 bed town housers. We are trying to figure out if we can fit a two and a three seater couch in the (front) living room. :rolleyes: What does everyone else have? In the show house its 2 x 2 seaters but we'd like to have a 3 seater opposite the fire and a 2 seater bewteen the stairs and the kitchen door Whaddya think? It's kinda a small room so don't want to crowd it but i do like the whole lying down factor a 3 seater provides!!!:D

PS I secretly hope we have a few mice (tiny ones only tho eugh) so i can have my way and get a kitten!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

SJ wrote:
    :)Hi all, long time no speak! That's dissapointing about breretons carpets - we were only there last week and they seemed pretty good :(

Don't worry - so far it's only me that's posted any problems. They just seem quite disorganised there more than anything else. They had us last week they were good to fit the carpets at the end of this week, and we took time off accordingly. Today they told us that it would be the end of next week at best - so another day off work, and have to hold off furniture deliveries :mad:

Folks,

I don't know if any of these contractors change from phase to phase, but the chances are that the same people are doing your house.

We were able to ring the kitchen company and find out when they were scheduled to fit our kitchen, which gave us a good idea of the progress.

-=-=
    Durkan: 2140014
    -=-=
    Harmony Tiles: 8250882
    -=-=
    C & R Fireplaces, 162 Capel Street, Dublin 1 – 8731728
    -=-=
    Nolan Kitchens Limited
    Hawthorn House
    Oak Road
    Western Industrial Estate
    Naas Road
    Dublin 12

Phone: 01 456 7621
    Fax: 01 450 2599
    www.NolanKitchens.com
    -=-=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Terri.D

hey sorry to hear you are having trouble with carpets , we used grange carpets in deansgrange they were nice to deal with considering we put them off lots of times due to delays with the contract and the guy who fitted them was lovely.....................and yes that creepy creepy cat was sitting in the driveway at about 5oclock just looking at me through the living room window he has got to go and stalk someone else.................yeah and the lovely charlesland horse scared the bejaysus out of me as well the first time we seen him it was the evening and he nayed or whatever horses do and it was freakishly loud!!!!and am i the only one who finds it downright eerie how we have no street lights on our road and how it is totally dark like pitch dark..........as for contractors as far as i know there are 3 different ones.....1 for charlesland wood, 1 for charlesland court and 1 for the rest or so the ever wise and wonderful(i say sarcastically) ger the foreman says. Has anyone else noticed how very very pink that man is not like 'i work outside all day pink' but 'i drink way too much whiskey pink'.....well i think i have waffled enough!!!!

Terri.D wrote:
    hey sorry to hear you are having trouble with carpets , we used grange carpets in deansgrange they were nice to deal with considering we put them off lots of times due to delays with the contract and the guy who fitted them was lovely.
    Ah sure, if that's the worst that happens to us, we are doing well.
    Terri.D wrote:
    as for contractors as far as i know there are 3 different ones.....1 for charlesland wood, 1 for charlesland court and 1 for the rest or so the ever wise and wonderful(i say sarcastically) ger the foreman says.

OK, I thought that may be the case. The numbers I listed were the contractors for Charlesland Grove if that's any use to anyone out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girl24

hi,

Me and my boyfriend are to sign contracts next week for a 2 bed townhouse in charlesland park and I have a concern about the dividing walls between the houses. I had a builder look over the specifications and he said that he wouldn't touch the place with a bargepole. He said the walls are too thin and that you would hear everything through it and they are basically throwing them up as cheaply as possible. Can someone who currently lives in the park tell me what your expeierience is? Can you hear everything through the walls? I have also heard that what builders often do is build the first phase with solid concrete and as the phases go on, they use timber frame. If anyone has some insight, i would appreciate it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hc

Terri.D wrote:
    and am i the only one who finds it downright eerie how we have no street lights on our road and how it is totally dark like pitch dark

You're not the only one! I come home from work and it takes me about 10 minutes to find the keyhole in the front door because it's so dark! I'm hoping they're going to connect the street lights soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

girl24 wrote:
    hi,

Me and my boyfriend are to sign contracts next week for a 2 bed townhouse in charlesland park and I have a concern about the dividing walls between the houses. I had a builder look over the specifications and he said that he wouldn't touch the place with a bargepole. He said the walls are too thin and that you would hear everything through it and they are basically throwing them up as cheaply as possible. Can someone who currently lives in the park tell me what your expeierience is? Can you hear everything through the walls? I have also heard that what builders often do is build the first phase with solid concrete and as the phases go on, they use timber frame. If anyone has some insight, i would appreciate it!!

AFAIK Ch Grove and Park are all timber framed, but I haven't noticed any problem with noise from next door (and they have a new baby, so significant noise potential). In fact my old concrete built house was much worse - you could hear neighbours opening and closing cupboards etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Do_nal

SJ wrote:
    :)Can I just ask a question to all u 2 bed town housers. We are trying to figure out if we can fit a two and a three seater couch in the (front) living room. :rolleyes: What does everyone else have? In the show house its 2 x 2 seaters but we'd like to have a 3 seater opposite the fire and a 2 seater bewteen the stairs and the kitchen door D

Hey all,

I'd be interested in hearing anyones answer to this one too!! For anyone in a Type A 2-bed house, is there enough room to put a 2 seater couch against the wall and a 3 seater opposite the fireplace (ie. the other way round from the showhouse). Has anyone done this??

Girl 24, I wouldn't worry too much about your buider friend. people always like to have their say about things - no doubt he'd build them much better! But they can't be too thin and the only problems I've heard about at all is in some of the apartments where the noise is from above.

hi all,
    i have a two seater and a three seater, its a straight forward dark brown leather couch that i got in homelands in bray and it fits perfectly.....in saying that i have seen other houses with a 3 and 2 seater and they were too puffy and large and made the sitting room look tiny ........not much help i know sorry!!!but as long as you don't go for a huge puffy gigantic sofa you shouldn't have a problem. A friend of mine was having the same problem and took the dimensions of the sofa's and used masting tape to map it out on the floor to see how much space they took up so maybe you can try it and see if it works for you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bláth

Hi there

I'm loving this thread - I am closing on Thursday the 1st am am very excited about moving into the Grove. I did get a little worried at snagging but i have to say, the guys have made the place look super!!

Has anyone got Bargaintown to lay their carpets (the voucher was Brerton's or Bargaintown) and if so, any problems etc with them? do they come to lay when they say they will - days off are precious!!!

Another very important question - does anyone know what the story is re a local bar/pub? Is it true that they are putting one into Charlesland itself? I also heard that the old marketing suite for the apts at Seabourne was being converted into one but is that a temporary structure?

And finally ....... is the local resident's drink still happening in January? Am on my own and would be lovely to meet some neighbours!

Keep the tips re alarms etc coming - honestly this thread (although I've not interacted very much) has been a great help!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Newcomers

Hi,

Were moving in withing thw next two weeks - just wanted to find out what length dining tables do you have in the two bed front kitchen townhouses? We've got 5ft one, I presume thats common enough. Can anyone advise what they have?

Thanks!

Bl&#225 wrote: »
    Another very important question - does anyone know what the story is re a local bar/pub? Is it true that they are putting one into Charlesland itself? I also heard that the old marketing suite for the apts at Seabourne was being converted into one but is that a temporary structure?

There is definitely a pub in the Superquinn centre, it's the unit facing onto the main road with the tall windows - however it's still marked as "To Let" and rumours (check earlier in this thread) suggest that they are looking for some astronomical rent for it.

Also still available in the centre - a cafe (which was fitted-out, given a name but never opened and is now for sale); a medical centre; various offices and shop units. I fear the centre may not be a success (except for Superquinn itself) - there's not really enough people around Charlesland during the day.

Bl&#225 wrote: »

And finally ....... is the local resident's drink still happening in January? Am on my own and would be lovely to meet some neighbours!

I heard the lease for the pub in Charlesland was quite expensive, and given that there is not likely to be much day time trade, it may be worth it. I noticed a building on the way between the dart station and Charlesland that looks like it could be a pub when the building is finished - anyone notice this as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hc

eoin_s wrote:
    I noticed a building on the way between the dart station and Charlesland that looks like it could be a pub when the building is finished - anyone notice this as well?

It's called Script and by the looks of it it might be open soon, they seem to be nearly finished decorating. Fingers crossed it's halfway decent!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭lastsaturday

yeah, i heard the pub lease for the charlesand retail unit was expensive and only on a 4 year term. tell me, who would lease a pub, kit it out and only accept a 4 year lease? i think the shopping centre (other than superquinn) is going to end up as a bit of a white elephant..

Anyone using the creches?

Also, anyone buying the last, downstairs, apartments in the Court, facing the green, better have a look at their front steps.. we were there over the weekend, and they are anything but safe...

• Advertisement

yeah, i heard the pub lease for the charlesand retail unit was expensive and only on a 4 year term. tell me, who would lease a pub, kit it out and only accept a 4 year lease? i think the shopping centre (other than superquinn) is going to end up as a bit of a white elephant..

Also, anyone buying the last, downstairs, apartments in the Court, facing the green, better have a look at their front steps.. we were there over the weekend, and they are anything but safe...

Somehow, I think the pizza place is a fairly safe bet! I think on this thread, someone has mentioned that a coffee shop has already been and gone - again, without local business and guaranteed day time trade, it would seem a strange place to locate.

eoin_s wrote:
    Somehow, I think the pizza place is a fairly safe bet! I think on this thread, someone has mentioned that a coffee shop has already been and gone - again, without local business and guaranteed day time trade, it would seem a strange place to locate.

not been and gone - it never opened. - it's still there, fully kitted out with a for sale sign on it.

I'd say a video rental place might do alright - anyone here work for Advance Vision? (Xtra Vision and Chartbusters already open in the village)

Yeah i think we had suggested Saturday 14th january for the night out - we could have it in that new bar if it is open!! Should be a bit of a laugh!! :)

hey all that cafe was open for like two weeks, the day i actually went down to have something to eat they were removing all the food, it was quite nice as well i think it was italian the lunch board outside said calazones, lasagnas etc!!!.....video shop would be handy cos chartbusters in the village is not so great so going to join xtravision today. The new pub opening is called script as far as i know its opening within two weeks its owned by the guy who owned conways in blackrock and as a smoker i find the smoking terrace on the top excellent!!!im easily pleased!!! The licenced premises down at superquinn is going for 200,000 for the lease a year which is mental especially with the 4yr cap on it so good luck for the charlesland pub, hopefully script will be decent.......somewhere on the boards is a post saying that seabourne view apartments are opening a bar in the sales office anyone know anything about that??

I met the lady who runs the Charlesland creche she was lovely, my son is 6 so too old for the creche but i think there is an afterschool project and i know they do pick ups and drop offs to St.Brigids School in the village not sure about the rest of the schools. She told me anyone can drop down anytime and someone will bring you round and have a look at the place.......hope that was of some help to you.

Terri.D wrote:
    She told me anyone can drop down anytime and someone will bring you round and have a look at the place.......hope that was of some help to you.

If you do drop down, please don't park your car blocking the houses opposite it!

eoin_s wrote:
    If you do drop down, please don't park your car blocking the houses opposite it!

Ahhh sorry!!!! Never thought of that....that must be bedlam in the morning....didn't mean to advertise your parking space!!!!!

Terri.D wrote:
    Ahhh sorry!!!! Never thought of that....that must be bedlam in the morning....didn't mean to advertise your parking space!!!!!

Not to worry - though I was asked by the lady who runs the place not to park opposite our own house :eek:

eoin_s wrote:
    Not to worry - though I was asked by the lady who runs the place not to park opposite our own house :eek:

You're Kidding!! That was a tad bit Cheeky!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Johnc72

The fellow who owned the cafe, is the same guy that owns the chipper in town. He had a heart attack the day the cafe opened.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement