Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Greystones anyone moving there?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

elephant wrote:
    Wanted to ask one question, where does the feeder bus collect to bring down to the dart station ?
    Thanks

Outside superquinn, and I think stops once before the dart.

dunser wrote:
    We are a couple who would love to meet new friends in the area, we should arrange a night out

If we ever get to move in (Snag taking forever) we may just take you up on that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

The feeder bus collects in two places - it collects on the roundabout where you go to Superquinn but on the other side of the road (Charlesland Wood I think?) It also collects further up that road where he goes in to turn. Most people get on down at the roundabout though. He is so good - I was late this morning and he saw me run out of the house and waited for me!!
    The bus is very full at the moment they will have to put on a bigger one.
    Yesterday was fantastic alright - the harbour was fantastic for the afternoon.
    MPA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

kermit_ie wrote:
    Considering moving to Greystones soon. How long does it take to get to the M50 in the mornings?

At about 0730 it takes 15mins, easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 elephant

Thanks for letting me know about the feeder bus, will be handing for the other half heading into town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

Hi, just a quick question about charlesland - What's the story with broadband in that area? Is it available? I presume it is but just want to make sure. :)

Thanks,
    BM.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi, We are moving into Charelsland Grove in a few weeks. Just to let u know NTL will not be supplying the same service they gave to the first phase of Charlesland grove and apprently they dont know when they will be able to install their system. Also Broadband is available already as my sister has moved in and she has it. Really looking forward to moving there and everyone seems so friendly that we have met. We bought a 3 bedroom end of terrace Type c house and even though it was due to be ready in Jun/July they hope it will be ready by the end of September!! Fingers crossed as we have sold our house in Drumcondra and are ready to rock and roll so we cant wait to meet all our new neighbours and have lovely drinks at the weekends or as often as possible!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Boloney

Hi all, just wanted to join into this chat which I have found very informative.....
    Myself and my partner have just bought a two bed apartment in the cresent (at the top of the green).....we should have our keys by close of next business week....alot sooner than anticipated but very happy that so far it has run smoothly....has anyone else bought in the cresent?
    A little disappointed in few selection of bars in Greystones but as Mrs. A stated the Wicklow Arms is a good spot for drinking.....In another year or two there sound be more selection.....really like the sound of €5 pizzas....yum!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Angel

Another future neighbour here. We're buying a 3-bed apartment, apparently not ready till after Christmas. Looking forward to it, have yet to hear a bad word said about the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

burnaby food is yum. yum yum yum...

as for the cinema.. lol. its an "experience" :P hehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

boogie man wrote:
    Hi, just a quick question about charlesland - What's the story with broadband in that area? Is it available? I presume it is but just want to make sure. :)

Thanks,
    BM.

Broadband is most definately available down in Charlesland although Smart for instance have not yet activated the switch feeding the area and cannot find any information on if they are or not in the near future.

IBB, BT & Eircom all have services down there. :)

Good to see that so many people are making an effort to get to know potential nighbours! Snag completed so we should be down there in 2-4 weeks.
    Just wondering if it's worth organising something over the next few months to introduce ourselves once we are all down there en masse?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

daveco23 wrote:
    Just wondering if it's worth organising something over the next few months to introduce ourselves once we are all down there en masse?

We can set up our own Charlesland chapter of Boards.ie. First step to world domination :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

It is great to see that so many people are moving down. We are loving it there still. It is nice to see new lights coming on every week or so. We are in the very first block of Duplexe's as you turn to superquinn and only this week have people started to move in opposite us.
    I did not hear of anyone else moving to the crescent but I went to see them and they are lovely. I am suprised there is nobody in them yet. They all seem to be ready to go - what was the delay?
    Trying the beauty salon tonight so I will let the girls know how I get on next week.
    The other bit of news is that the new italian coffee shop which opened next to the chemist has closed down already :confused: very strange altogether. They spent ages doing it up and getting ready and have loads of machines and everything in there. As far as I know they were open for 4 days!!
    Should be in the Burnaby later - the heineken is not great there btw!!
    MPA

MrsA wrote:
    Should be in the Burnaby later - the heineken is not great there btw!!
    MPA

Am a Guinness drinker so no probs there! :D

There should be no delays in the Cresant....all the two bed and three beds are sold...I think they are finding it difficult to sell the mezainnes (€450k!!! ouch!!!)....there are about 3 in use and the rest are having snags completed and floors laied etc..
    We should have our keys by Friday and then it is a matter on waiting the 3/4 weeks on furniture....very excited at this stage....
    I was down there yesterday and everything seems to be coming along with the whole development....does anyone know when the gym and sports complex is due to open????....very strange about the coffee shop...I wouldnt be holding my breath for a bar to open there either as seemingly very expensive....

Hi folks,

Looks like we will be starting our snag list in the next couple of weeks - can anyone recommend a surveyor for us? (PM me if you want to keep it off thread).

In particular anyone who has used a surveyor for Charlesland would be most helpful, as they may know any common problems people may have had there.

Thanks in advance,

Eoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 oeod

Wellcome people to my little town.....
    If you want some ideas in the area ....walk kindlestown woods...amazing view of greystones from the top, Cliff walk is a must and the tracks from greystones to Kilcoole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 macey

Hi there, Just found this webpage and deligted to see Charlesland has such friendly residents already. Im a fsb of a 3bed duplex in Charlesland park and hopefully will be in by the new year. Has anyone heard how easy/difficult it is to rent rooms in the area as there seems to be so many posted on daft etc?. Ive bought with my sister but she has a job oppurtunity which can't be missed abroad so i need to find a lodger when the time comes.
    Was down there this weekend and was really impressed with the landscaping they've done!!

eoin_s wrote:
    Looks like we will be starting our snag list in the next couple of weeks - can anyone recommend a surveyor for us? (PM me if you want to keep it off thread).

OK, so nobody can recommend a surveyor, but got that sorted anyway.

Can anyone recommend a tiler (and/or any good tile shops in the locality)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

eoin_s wrote:
    Can anyone recommend a tiler (and/or any good tile shops in the locality)?
    Yep, for tile shops, Tilesavers on the Boghall Rd in Bray is your best bet.

SofaKing wrote:
    Yep, for tile shops, Tilesavers on the Boghall Rd in Bray is your best bet.

Thanks SofaKing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ann77

Hi all,

I just found this board and will be moving into the Crescent shortly, our final snag is Friday and hopefully we'll get our keys next week!

Charlesland is such a beautiful place so I'm so excited about moving into it. Does anyone when the road to the M11 is opening up - I heard someone messed up on the planning and it's been held back a couple of years! I don't know how true that is though so can anyone enlighten me? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DoctorChipolata

elephant wrote:
    HI all

Just noticed this thread aswell, due to move into Charlesland Court at the end of the summer and very excited with the beau.
    Have friends who live down there and they really like it.
    Greystones is a great spot, good little town and on the beach. Hungry Monk and Vino Pasta are v tasty.

Can anyone recommend someone for wooden blinds? :D

Well you're only a few doors from me then! I put my own wooden blinds up, not too difficult if you're not afraid of drilling into your brand new house! Hardest part is getting them level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DoctorChipolata

JanneG wrote:
    Broadband is most definately available down in Charlesland although Smart for instance have not yet activated the switch feeding the area and cannot find any information on if they are or not in the near future.

IBB, BT & Eircom all have services down there. :)

We're in Charlesland Court, we have EsatBT which is great, 2Mb down, €50 per month inc. line rental. So that's Eircom infrastructure, so UTV Internet et al would be available too. Smart aren't there till next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ehraz

eoin_s wrote:
    Yeah, I heard there would be a new bar opened in Charlesland as well, but I also heard there were some licensing issues with big pubs in Greystones?

I was quite surprised by the small amount of pubs in Greystones actually...

Not really very sure as I moved away from Greystones a few years ago but as far as I know almost all the pubs are owned by one family...or at least they used to be.

Don't know if that would impact on licensing at all though. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Johnc72

Hey guys, great to see there's a certain amount of community spirit in Charlseland. Can't wait to move down, My girrlfrien and I bought a place in Charlseland Court. We snagged last week, so we should be closing in a week or so. Looking forward to it

Hi Everyone,
    Budget Decor Tile Centre is a good place to look at both tiles and wood floors. Currently have three branches, Sandyford, Tallaght and Ballyfermot....Check them out in the golden pages as good deals on at the moment and as well they were involved in the intertior design in Eden Court which are the fab houses, but very expensive, close by to us....not sure if any of you know them? They also have a list of recommended tilers and wood floor fitters...
    Only after reading about the suveyor, if you still want one I have a name of a guy that will do it for you for about 100 - 150???Very through, gave us nine pages and didnt miss a thing...
    We are meeting with the builder today to go through the final snag and should have the keys early next week.....

Boloney wrote:
    Hi Everyone,
    Budget Decor Tile Centre is a good place to look at both tiles and wood floors. Currently have three branches, Sandyford, Tallaght and Ballyfermot....Check them out in the golden pages as good deals on at the moment and as well they were involved in the intertior design in Eden Court which are the fab houses, but very expensive, close by to us....not sure if any of you know them? They also have a list of recommended tilers and wood floor fitters...
    Only after reading about the suveyor, if you still want one I have a name of a guy that will do it for you for about 100 - 150???Very through, gave us nine pages and didnt miss a thing...
    We are meeting with the builder today to go through the final snag and should have the keys early next week.....

Thanks a million Boloney, but my mate is a builder so is doing the snag for us. Was in the budget decor place in Sandyford - great selection of tiles, so will definitely check it out. Their wooden flooring section wasn't great, but lots of places for that as well.

For anyone looking for wooden flooring, there is someone selling a 2.5K voucher for wooden flooring and installation in the FS: General forum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

eoin_s wrote:
    Thanks a million Boloney, but my mate is a builder so is doing the snag for us. Was in the budget decor place in Sandyford - great selection of tiles, so will definitely check it out. Their wooden flooring section wasn't great, but lots of places for that as well.

For anyone looking for wooden flooring, there is someone selling a 2.5K voucher for wooden flooring and installation in the FS: General forum

Thanks for that Eoin, as said, I have a voucher for a wooden floor of your choice to the value of 2.5k with RMK ltd in Tallaght. It was won in a raffle in aid of cancer research.

Unfortunately I rent and the only use i would have for this is firewood :)
    (I would have been happier with 2nd prize, nice LCD screen)

If anyone is interested you can read more info here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=296691

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement