Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Greystones anyone moving there?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Toto_02

As far as I know, it was part of the planning permission to have a feeder bus going to the station.
    Imagine if everyone here drove to GS and parked for the day!!
    So I'd imagine it is here to stay.

SJ, the january party idea is not that crazy, as we are all busy with Christmas until then, so why not??

Elephant what do you mean by AGM?? Exactly, were you thinking of forming a residents comittee or something. All the talk of Breakins are freaking us out, might be a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the bus may have been part of the PP, but someone's still paying for it...

so have the developers paid a number of years in advance?
    or will it come out of the service charge (I can see trouble ahead if that is the case - the bus is well used, but people who don't use it won't want to pay for it)

Dublin Bus said last year that they were going to extend the 45 bus route to Charlesland but seem to have changed their mind (I think people in Bray objected that the route was already long and meandering enough as it is).

re: AGM - There is a management company for the estate - they will probably organise an AGM eventually (not sure if the same company is doing the whole of charlesland, think each estate has their own company)
    What is the story with the new road and where does it link into Charlesland, is it coming to that new roundaabout at the top of the kilcoole road and back in to charlesland or have I got this wrong?

no that is exactly right - it continues through that roundabout and up towards the N11. It's supposed to be open in the next 6 months, but as I mentioned in a previous post the full interchange at the N11 won't be built for a couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sunuru

Road onto N11: Wicklow Times had an article at the beginning of the summer which said that the temporary link would be finished by the end of September (now Im wondering whether they meant NEXT September)
    AGM: Yea, management companies DO hold AGMs and, in fact, the one for the woods was held last month. Awful time for anyone to attend though (I wonder if they did that on purpose) so if anyone in this group lives in Charlesland Wood and went to the AGM... What was it like?
    Parking: What is the story with the parking? Do people realise how difficult is to drive around the estate with cars parked beside roundabouts and pedertrian crosses, on bents, on both sides of the road.... and what about parking on footpaths? I always thought that footpaths were for pedestrians but do please correct me if Im wrong... Last night I was driving into the estate after 10 pm (after a hard day's work) and had to nearly manouver to drive up a straight road. MAD!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Has anyone organised a big nite out yet. My bird and me are moving down before Christmas and it'd be nice to get to meet people. I already know one couple who live down there but I don't like them very much!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 macey

Just a quick tip for anyone nearing completion. When you get your keys, first thing you do is change the locks!! I have heard of people on new builds getting broken into within weeks of moving in, but the locks weren't touched, ie copies were made before they were handed over (thankfully not on charlesland though)

As for the illegal dump, I thought Wicklow County council won their case against the landowner? Did anyone else hear this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Toto_02

Sunuru, you are so right about the parking, I have never in my life seen people park on a roundabout and on paths and cycle tracks!! I couldn't get over it when we first got here.
    Buit I suppose it was short sighted of the Builders to provide houses with only one car space, esp. people living out here you really need two cars. We are lucky enough to to be in three bed with plenty of space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Newcomers

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time writer!

Macey you say you were meant to be in around November 05 bt now new year, where have you bought? We've bought on the first row of 2 bed townhouses in Charlesland Park - just wonderig if you've been given any idea of time now?

Has anyone put pressure on them using lines like my rental contract is up etc etc and seen if they speed anything up at all for you?? Worked in Balinteer but not sure about here,

Roll on the new year!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Zub

Anybody from Charlesland court second phase apartments/duplexes block?
    We had our snag a few days ago, was not given any date, only that we have to wait electricity at least 2 weeks. Everything in the duplex did not look perfect: some staff is damaged (worktops, doors, presses, tiles around the basins have not done, cracks on outside walls (could it be the reason for crashed stone instead of plaster?), I could continue. While we were in duplex there were lots of builders around finishing and cleaning, looks like some of them are from east Europe and just was hired to finish this development.
    I am a little bit scared thinking how much time can take to fix all this.
    Was it silly to expect more?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

Went in on Monday 10/10 to snag.No power so, could not check everything but was told by Richie the foreman, when snagging finished we can go back in to check everything then(obviously) by which time ESB should have connected all.
    As far as the finish of the duplex is concerned, not perfect but lets see whatits like after they finish up.

Hi Newcomer, Ive bought a 3bed duplex, first block. Spoke to the foreman a few weeks ago and he said christmas but will probably run into to the new year. When you take in snag time etc im thinking Jan/Feb!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Newcomers

Thanks for that Macey, good to hear the foreman say that. Were the first row of two bed townhouses in C/Land Park, actually got over to it today as the gates weren't closed, looks really cool. No presses in kitchen yet but painted and fittings are in. Hopefully we'll get close to it again and see how it has progressed. First time buyer also, with my g/f, but you'll have no prob finding a lodger due to being so close to Dart etc.

Everybody really seems so friendly so far, just can't wait!!!

Anybody else here bought in Charlesland Park, first row of townhouses?

Did anyone see TV3 news last night? Girl in work told me she caught the end of a segment about Charlesland Greystones but didn't hear what it was about. Hoping its to do with the road and nothing else???

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Earlsie

I'm due down to Charlesland Court today to do Final Inspection on our new 3 bed house,....hope everything goes well!!

I'm a little worried about the amount of attempted break-Ins in the Charlesland Development, may be an idea to setup some type of Neighbourhood watch scheme.
    http://www.garda.ie/angarda/Neighbourwatch2.html

I hope this all settles down once the development is complete,

Has anyone moved into Charlesland Court yet, we shound organise a social outing, Monday night soccer in the local boozer :D

Earlsie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 elephant

Hi Earlsie

I am moving to C Court aswell, just wondering where abouts are you ie in the development itself and when did you close? Are you snagging now etc etc?
    Just wondering how long it will take as we were told sometime in Nov so we are just hoping we get in before mid Dec at this stage. Getting very impatient!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Johnc72

elephant wrote:
    Hi Earlsie

I am moving to C Court aswell, just wondering where abouts are you ie in the development itself and when did you close? Are you snagging now etc etc?
    Just wondering how long it will take as we were told sometime in Nov so we are just hoping we get in before mid Dec at this stage. Getting very impatient!

We're in the Court aswell. Got uor keys a month ago, but are finally moving in this weekend (Hallelluiah!) The snagging shouldnt take more than a couple of days, as alot of the snag was cosmetic stuff. Can't stress enough, go through the place with a fine tooth comb. Bring a lightbulb with you aswell as the electricity wasnt hooked up in a few rooms.

Best of luck with the move lads it would be cool to hook up once youre in.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hc

Hey everyone,

Great to see such a great response from everyone in Charlesland. Have been living in Charlesland Court since July and love it.

Just wondering, has anyone else tried getting the 84N home from town? First time was fine, driver dropped us at the bus stop beside Seabourne View apartments so we didn't have far to walk home!

Second time however, got a really rude and agressive driver who would only stop at the first big roundabout, at the top of the new road, so we had a cold wet walk home! When I rang the terminus to see which was meant to be the last stop, they didn't seem to know! Bit annoying not knowing whether we'll get a nice driver or a cruel one next time!

Hey everyone,

Great to see such a great response from everyone in Charlesland. Have been living in Charlesland Court since July and love it.

Just wondering, has anyone else tried getting the 84N home from town? First time was fine, driver dropped us at the bus stop beside Seabourne View apartments so we didn't have far to walk home!

Second time however, got a really rude and agressive driver who would only stop at the first big roundabout, at the top of the new road, so we had a cold wet walk home! When I rang the terminus to see which was meant to be the last stop, they didn't seem to know! Bit annoying not knowing whether we'll get a nice driver or a cruel one next time!

Oh also love the idea of the post-Christmas get together, it'd be great to meet some people living near us, can feel a bit isolated sometimes, especially when we're still living on a bit of a building site and there's not many people around!

apologies for the double post!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Zub

Johnc72 wrote:
    We're in the Court aswell. Got uor keys a month ago, but are finally moving in this weekend (Hallelluiah!)
    Johnc72, I am happy for you. Just wondering what the reason for delay. Was it your own decision? I think when you got keys you have to pay for both places at the same time (for me it is rented accommodation and the new house)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Johnc72

Zub wrote:
    Johnc72, I am happy for you. Just wandering what the reason for delay. Was it your own decision? I think when you got keys you have to pay for both places at the same time (for me it is rented accommodation and the new house)

Hi Zub,
    Yeah it was our own decision. We had to get wooden floors put down, and they were only done this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

God I am thrilled to see that this post got back into a more positive vibe after I left.
    We have been in Melbourne nearly 3 weeks now and it is great. The weather was very good this week but a bit grey today. Good temps though in the mid 20's which we cannot really complain about.
    We have 3 guys in renting our duplex in Charlesland and they are just so happy with it. They think everyone is so friendly. I know they had a house warming last weekend so if they disturbed anyone apoligies for that.
    I will continue to check on my new neighbours as I will be back in 2 years to get back into my lovely home (God knows what it will be like by then)
    Mrs A.

re 84N

last stop used to be the station, so the drivers may have been doing you a favour dropping you further up. I think they head out through delgany to go back to donnybrook garage, so dropping you at the first roundabout is on the way, but going into Charlesland is not.

It probably should be extended to Charlesland officially (though ppl in Kilcoole would probably argure it should be extended to there also)

Thanks loyatemu.

I got through to the terminus in Donnybrook, and one of the guys I was talking to there said that if I asked the driver when I was getting on, he would drop me at Seabourne View. So i'll just have to ask nicely next time and keep my fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Mr Posh

Hi All

I’m moving into Charlesland next year, interesting to see hear some differing views on Charlesland Development.

What exactly has been happening with the break ins?

And how is the Mice situation?

I am obviously considering getting a cat!!!

Anything else I should know about????

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Hi folks,

Well, we are nearly at closing - final (we hope) inspection this week.

One of the things we noticed is that the kitchen cabinets are wired for under-cabinet lighting, but only the electical box is hanging down, and there is no skirt/plinth around the bottom of the cabinets to hide the lighting when it is installed.

Has this been the case for everyone else, and was there much involved with fitting lighting there?

thanks in advance,

Eoin

eoin_s wrote:
    One of the things we noticed is that the kitchen cabinets are wired for under-cabinet lighting, but only the electical box is hanging down, and there is no skirt/plinth around the bottom of the cabinets to hide the lighting when it is installed.

Has this been the case for everyone else, and was there much involved with fitting lighting there?

was the same for us (CL Grove), haven't done anything with them yet, but should be easy enough to fit. Woodies sell cupboard lighting.

Does anyone know of a reasonable, and reliable, carpenter? We have floored the attic in our 2 bed townhouse in Charlesland Court, and we would like someone to build a framework on the two brick walls so that we can put up plasterboard and make the attic a bit less draughty (so I can send my boyfriend and his playstation up there!:) )

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

loyatemu wrote:
    was the same for us (CL Grove), haven't done anything with them yet, but should be easy enough to fit. Woodies sell cupboard lighting.

Thanks loyatemu - will have a gander at the weekend. We are in Grove also by the way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 newcomeramy

Just an Update. We are due to move into the Park in November. Was told by estate agents on Friday that it will now be December but we should be in for Christmas. Has anyone skipped the middle man and contacted the builders directly. I dont feel like we are geting good enough information from Hooke and Mac.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 elephant

Hi all

Hope all is well with everyone, just wondering can anyone recommend flooring and carpet people in Dublin that is good value for money. Example went to one place a good while ago and got reasonable prices and now with movingin drawing closer went to another ( sister company/subsidary) and it was about 250 in difference of price.:mad:
    Thanks all, see you all soon when we get down there :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement