Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Greystones anyone moving there?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Just an Update. We are due to move into the Park in November. Was told by estate agents on Friday that it will now be December but we should be in for Christmas. Has anyone skipped the middle man and contacted the builders directly. I dont feel like we are geting good enough information from Hooke and Mac.

Absolutely - we gave up on Hooke & McDonald as soon as we got the contracts signed. The builders are very good at giving updates, and tend to be quite accurate as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Do_nal

Hey all,

has anybody gotten any extra sockets/light fittings etc put in (bought in Charlesland Park), and was it much hassle?? I rang the electrical foreman the other day and he was a bit vague - going on about regulations and stuff!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Newcomers

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone here knows of people who are having difficulty closing due to a 'Receipt of Planning Contributions' not being issued by the County Council???

My friend was ready to close but has now been held up as there is some audit going to be done in co. Council - and can't move in without the receipt, eventhough the house is fully finished and all sangs done!!

Can anybody add anything to this, length this might go on, or has it happened before. :confused:

Secondly, has anyone is C/Land Park seen how quickly things have come on? We are moving in to 1st row of townhouses and were told end of January up to now and suddenly we have been told end of this month possibly! So cool, I just can't wait. They are doing our driveways, shrubs and road now!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mjmorrisroe

Hey all,

I'm in the process of purchasing 4 bed Dup in Charlesland Park, property due for completion (fingers crossed) July 06. I'll get straight to the point; I'd like to know how the property prices in CP have been behaving? Is there anyone out there who bought 4 bed Dup (or any other property) in the 1st CP development? Has the property held its value or risen at all? I would really appreciate your comments.

Also, we're really looking forward to moving next year, any tips on the snag? What are your thoughts on the area? Are you loving life out there? How the commute (by car) to Dublin? Question, questions - nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!!!

I've heard there has been a mixed reaction to the development in the area. I would love to hear your feedback. Anyway, take it easy, look forward to joining the community!!! Happpy days.

Michael.

Hi folks,

Looks like we are finally getting our keys next week (we are in the Grove), so for those of you whose house is still being built, here is our timeline so you can get an idea of how long it took.
    Beginning of March: Ordered house, told end of summer for completion

July/August: Told end of September for completion

Mid September: House available to snag (place was not ready to snag really though, quite a few snags and needed another coat of paint - people were still hammering away when we were inspecting the place)

Late September - Late October: 2 more inspections

Early November - Ready to close

This came up before on this thread: Once you have bought, forget about Hooke & McDonald. Talk directly to the builders. They are pretty honest about when the place will be ready, though they will consider the first time it is ready to snag as "complete".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Johnc72

eoin_s wrote:
    Hi folks,

Looks like we are finally getting our keys next week (we are in the Grove), so for those of you whose house is still being built, here is our timeline so you can get an idea of how long it took.

Mid September: House available to snag (place was not ready to snag really though, quite a few snags and needed another coat of paint - people were still hammering away when we were inspecting the place)

This came up before on this thread: Once you have bought, forget about Hooke & McDonald. Talk directly to the builders. They are pretty honest about when the place will be ready, though they will consider the first time it is ready to snag as "complete".

Thats a long wait alright, but it will be worth it. We're just in (2 weeks now) and I have to say we're loving it.

Johnc72 wrote:
    Thats a long wait alright, but it will be worth it. We're just in (2 weeks now) and I have to say we're loving it.

It's not really too long, we knew when we put or money down that it would be the end of the summer before we could even start snagging etc, so we aren't too far behind schedule. Can't wait now, though - we should be all moved in by December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Oest_01

Hi everyone!

We're joining all of you in Charlesland very soon. Planning to move in within the next three weeks. Really looking forward to it!!

Last decision we still need to make is whether to buy a car. What's your experience with public transport in the area? Any buses going directly from Charlesland to Sandyford Industrial Estate or Sandyford Luas station?

Any comments would be appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

Oest_01 wrote:
    Hi everyone!

We're joining all of you in Charlesland very soon. Planning to move in within the next three weeks. Really looking forward to it!!

Last decision we still need to make is whether to buy a car. What's your experience with public transport in the area? Any buses going directly from Charlesland to Sandyford Industrial Estate or Sandyford Luas station?

Any comments would be appreciated!!

Buy a car - no real transport direct to it unless you count the 84 / 84x which takes forever. its a 20 minute drive to sandyford along m11 / m50.

daveco23 wrote:
    Buy a car - no real transport direct to it unless you count the 84 / 84x which takes forever. its a 20 minute drive to sandyford along m11 / m50.

There's also a free feeder bus from Blackrock Dart station to Sandyford if that's any use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Perty

Hi all,

Myself and my boyfriend have bought a two bed townhouse in Charlesland Park. We were told it would be ready between the 5th Dec and 5th of Jan. However we just found out today that it will be ready for snagging at the end of November so we're very excited.

I was wondering does anyone know if the flooring allowance have to be used in a specific shop?

Perty wrote:
    Hi all,

Myself and my boyfriend have bought a two bed townhouse in Charlesland Park. We were told it would be ready between the 5th Dec and 5th of Jan. However we just found out today that it will be ready for snagging at the end of November so we're very excited.

I was wondering does anyone know if the flooring allowance have to be used in a specific shop?

Yes, if you are the same as us it is Breretons in Greystones, or Bargaintown (I think) in Bray.

Good range of carpets in Breretons, but wooden flooring was quite expensive (approx 45 per sq yard for semi-solid and 17 per sq yard to fit!). Bargaintown don't do any flooring as far as I know.

Perty wrote:
    Hi all,

Everything has come on so quickly down there, we had been told January but now its the end of the month. Weve bought a two bed townhouse also in Charlesland Park also.

I believe that the flooring voucher has to be used between Brereton Carpets on the main street in Greystones and Bargain Town, we've been really impressed with Breretons and will be going with them,

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SJ

Perty wrote:
    Hi all,

wowser! What block are you in! We are in the 2nd block of c/land park and we were told feb 06... eeek does that mean we will be in early too!? We'll be sitting on boxes if that's the case!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Ray777

daveco23 wrote:
    Buy a car - no real transport direct to it unless you count the 84 / 84x which takes forever.

A quick walk towards the Rugby club and you have a choice between an 84, 184 and (in the mornings) the 84X, which takes an impressive 1hr to get to the city centre. I've noticed, there are a couple of new Dublin Bus stops at Charlesland, and there have been rumours of the 145 route (very fast and frequent) being extended there in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Do_nal

Hi guys,

Perty or Newcomer, I don't suppose either of you are the couple we bumped into on the building site on Sunday with their feet stuck in the mud??!! Managed to sneak in and walk right up to find our house - they're all really coming on!! Was great fun tho we did get run off by security and seriously mucky feet!! :D:D

Quick question if anyone can help - has anyone got extra sockets/electrics put in?? If so was it much hassle and did it cost extra?? :eek: Thanks........

Do_nal wrote:
    Hi guys,

Perty or Newcomer, I don't suppose either of you are the couple we bumped into on the building site on Sunday with their feet stuck in the mud??!! Managed to sneak in and walk right up to find our house - they're all really coming on!! Was great fun tho we did get run off by security and seriously mucky feet!! :D:D

That could have been me actually - I was with a group of 5 or 6 friends and didn't notice the bottomless pit until I stepped into it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mjmorrisroe

CP is supposed to have a feeder road out to the M11; I drove out the newly constructed road, went straight over the roundabout and ended up in a little village, I forget the village name. Has anyone enquired or does anyone know where this imaginary road is or when it will be built?

Signing the contracts in the next two weeks, moving in Jul 2006 - Hope the build timeline stay put..!!!

Shows homes closed after this weekend, so everything sold; I wonder how much the show homes are going for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭NewHome

Myself and H2B are moving into Charlesland Park as well and are delighted at how quick things are coming along. I hope we are in before Christmas as we are after ordering furniture to arrive in late January :o Hopefully this will give us a bit of time to get the floors laid etc.

Judging by the amount of people logging onto this thread that are about to move into the first row of Charlesland Park, I reckon nearly everyone on the row must have contributed at this stage, so here's my tuppence worth :D

Looking forward to meeting you all properly in a couple of months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

CP is supposed to have a feeder road out to the M11; I drove out the newly constructed road, went straight over the roundabout and ended up in a little village, I forget the village name. Has anyone enquired or does anyone know where this imaginary road is or when it will be built?

temp connection to the N11 (southbound lane only) sometime early next year
    full junction is a couple of years away - the little village is Delgany btw.

• Advertisement

NewHome wrote:
    Myself and H2B are moving into Charlesland Park as well and are delighted at how quick things are coming along. I hope we are in before Christmas as we are after ordering furniture to arrive in late January :o Hopefully this will give us a bit of time to get the floors laid etc.

Judging by the amount of people logging onto this thread that are about to move into the first row of Charlesland Park, I reckon nearly everyone on the row must have contributed at this stage, so here's my tuppence worth :D

Looking forward to meeting you all properly in a couple of months :)

Yeah by the looks of it most of the first row have posted on this page based on the expected completion dates people have given. Will be strange seeing our neighbours when we first move in cause we won't actually know if we've actually replied to them already on this page!!

Security has really been stepped up so getting across tot he houses is a little harder however, the road will have to be open soon enough (definitly before anyone does snag list anyway) so won;t be long until we can walk upon with fear of security!!

Has anyone got any names for people to do the snaglist yet?

C y'all soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

A snag isn't too difficult so here's your guide to saving 50-100 quid

http://members.tripod.com/~lfinegan/snag_2t.html

Print out the link on this page snag list generator.
    It's actually a good read as well.

Oh yeah - something we missed on our snag and wouldnt be on most snags was the toilet flushed hot water! pluming mistake i assume....

L8r

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ryecatcher

Hello! Hubbie, 2yr old son and I are moving to a 2bed t/h in CP - builders say completion will be Jan 06. Has anyone found any good deals in flooring? We found Brooks in Sandyford great for solid oak flooring. Now we have to source someone to fit it. Has anyone done this already and can recommend someone? We'd also be interested in hearing from anyone in Grove or Park who have converted their attic...
    thanks for all the great info so far!
    ryecatcher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 elephant

Hi all

Partner and I are movin in to C Court soon and very excited, have got letter from builders saying it will be in two weeks and we are to organise snagging, however they are having problems with the electricity and to go ahead and do some of the snaggin first and then check on electrics and plumbing later.

Then anyone have to do this?

Has anyone moved into C Court as of yet? We are in the last row up the top and cant wait for it!!

See you all soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Zub

Hi Elephant,
    We had our snag on 10/10/2005. There was not electricity, we hope to check it this time. Some people already live in our block.
    The foreman Richie has advised that the apartment should be ready for us to carry out final inspection on Saturday 12th November. I have no illusions it really will be final.
    Hope we'll move in before Christmas.

Question to those who already moved in:
    did you get user guides for appliances installed by builders?

Zub wrote:
    Hi Elephant,
    We had our snag on 10/10/2005. There was not electricity, we hope to check it this time. Some people already live in our block.
    The foreman Richie has advised that the apartment should be ready for us to carry out final inspection on Saturday 12th November. I have no illusions it really will be final.
    Hope we'll move in before Christmas.

Question to those who already moved in:
    did you get user guides for appliances installed by builders?

Yep

eoin_s wrote:
    Hi folks,

OK, solicitor closed today, so hopefully people who are in the earlier stages can get an idea of how long it takes end to end.

Sounds obvious, but get your life protection sorted early. This caused a bit of a delay for us, and we didn't even need medical certificates to get the policy.

Ours was done in a day of the solicitor closing. As long as all your policies and forms are in order, it shouldnt take long at all.

Best of luck with it Eoin

J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ccfcexile

Hi all , moved into charlesland grove bought a 2 bed apt about 3 months ago im from cork city and any of the neighbours i have so far met have been very pleaseant and generaly nice , but have had 2 major issues in regards to the builders and general security, i was one of the apts broken into a month ago they forced the lock on the patio doors off with i presume a screwdriver they pretty much got alot of stuff(even my hoover) and only for my partner waking me up and me chasing them off they would have got away with alot more they jumped into a white van, but that was not all on the same night they had broken into the 2 other apts longside of me and took their car keys only that i disturbed them the cars would have been robbed too , when i spoke to the gardai they said we had been the 9th break in charlesland so people buy an alarm.
    my other major issue is we have the duplex apartments over us and in my 2 back bedrooms we can hear everything that goes on above us in the rooms over us through no fault of the people above us i might add now we are not the only people that this is happening too it is the same with the apartments longside of us and it turns out now that they have not been insulated properly so the builders are sending out engineers tommrow to see what can be done im just wondering is anyone else in the same postion, so anyone in the duplex's remember people below can probably hear whats going on see be carefull;) , anyway hope to meet you all soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ccfcexile

oh the other thing does anyone know anything about the lcoal soccer and gaa teams looking to join one but dont know much about them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement