Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Greystones anyone moving there?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 elephant

Hi all

Can anyone recommend someone to do a snag?

Person was going to do it for us, but cant now

Cheers
    Elephant

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

ccfcexile wrote:
    Hi all , moved into charlesland grove bought a 2 bed apt about 3 months ago im from cork city and any of the neighbours i have so far met have been very pleaseant and generaly nice , but have had 2 major issues in regards to the builders and general security, i was one of the apts broken into a month ago they forced the lock on the patio doors off with i presume a screwdriver they pretty much got alot of stuff(even my hoover) and only for my partner waking me up and me chasing them off they would have got away with alot more they jumped into a white van, but that was not all on the same night they had broken into the 2 other apts longside of me and took their car keys only that i disturbed them the cars would have been robbed too , when i spoke to the gardai they said we had been the 9th break in charlesland so people buy an alarm.
    my other major issue is we have the duplex apartments over us and in my 2 back bedrooms we can hear everything that goes on above us in the rooms over us through no fault of the people above us i might add now we are not the only people that this is happening too it is the same with the apartments longside of us and it turns out now that they have not been insulated properly so the builders are sending out engineers tommrow to see what can be done im just wondering is anyone else in the same postion, so anyone in the duplex's remember people below can probably hear whats going on see be carefull;) , anyway hope to meet you all soon :)

Oh dear, we are in the 2 bed apartment also, so will have the same problem :(
    Wouldn't have thought there would be much noise seeing as it is only their kitchen that is above the bedrooms...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ccfcexile

eoin_s wrote:
    Oh dear, we are in the 2 bed apartment also, so will have the same problem :(
    Wouldn't have thought there would be much noise seeing as it is only their kitchen that is above the bedrooms...

it could be that only our row of apartments are affected , but you can hear everything that goes in their kitchen, can be a pain in the backside if people put their washing machine on early in the morning its sound like a helicopter above you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Johnc72

Hi, can anyone recomend the name of a locksmith in the area. We want to get a chubb put in.

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

FWIW - I live in one of the houses in Charlesland Grove and I've had no problems at all with noise from neighbours. What with the houses being timber-framed I had been worried about this but in reality it is much better sound-proofed than the concrete-built house I lived in before (where you could hear people sneezing next door).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭lastsaturday

hi folks,

we've just received our letter saying that our home is nearly ready, and to start getting our money, insurance, etc in order..

1] can anyone tell me how long it takes from getting that letter to snagging? we were supposed to be in at the end of Sept, but now, anytime before Xmas would be great.

2] anyone else bought a duplex in the last batch up by the cresent?

3] did everyone in the Court get gas hobs as stated in the fitout list, as i know friends of our found an electric one in their 2-bed terrace when they went in for snagging..

4] and lastly.. is the residents party still on for early Jan '06? seems like we're probably all the same ages, and in the same sort of place in life.. :)

looking forward to meeting you all..

Last..

hi folks,

we've just received our letter saying that our home is nearly ready, and to start getting our money, insurance, etc in order..

1] can anyone tell me how long it takes from getting that letter to snagging? we were supposed to be in at the end of Sept, but now, anytime before Xmas would be great.

Hi, if you check the last page or so I put up the timelines for our apartment, which may be of use to you.

Edit: In fact, it's on this page, just read 10 posts or so up from yours.

cheers eoin,

so i guess it's still a month or so from completion, judging by your timeline. :(

that means Xmas at the in-laws again... aaaargh!!!

cheers eoin,

so i guess it's still a month or so from completion, judging by your timeline. :(

that means Xmas at the in-laws again... aaaargh!!!

Yuck. Maybe you can speed things up. We were in no rush at all, so we could afford to wait until everything was done. If you ask very nicely, you may get a quicker turn-around time from the builders. Friends of mine got their letter a month after us, but they pushed a little harder, and as a result are now only a week or so behind us to close.

Also, other posters have said that the builders are good at coming back after you sign, so you may have a few little snags that you are happy to have done after you close the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hc

3] did everyone in the Court get gas hobs as stated in the fitout list, as i know friends of our found an electric one in their 2-bed terrace when they went in for snagging..

Yep. We are living in Charlesland Court (since July) and we have a gas hob, with electric oven, in our 2-bed terraced house.

hc

• Advertisement

BTW Has anyone had a problem with mice. We've caught 2 so far, and even then something else has been at the poison.:confused::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ccfcexile

Johnc72 wrote:
    BTW Has anyone had a problem with mice. We've caught 2 so far, and even then something else has been at the poison.:confused::(
    maybe its one of those grumpy ladies in superquinn

ccfcexile wrote:
    maybe its one of those grumpy ladies in superquinn

wouldnt suprise me mate

Lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Perty

Myself and my boyfriend bought a 2 bed terraced house with the kitchen to the front in CP. However Hooke & McDonald have refused to give us the floor measurements. We don't even know the full sq footage of the house! They told us we'd have to measure them ourselves but when we went down at the wknd the 2 beds were locked up because they've all been sold out. Neither of us can make it down mid-week due to job constraints and were wondering if anyone knows the approx. sq footage of the house and the floor measurements for the downstairs of the house. We want to put in semi solid wooden floors everywhere downstairs except in the bathroom and behind the counter in the kitchen. We just want approx measurments so we have an idea how much it's gonna cost. :o

Has anyone else found H&McD to be really unhelpful???:(

Durkan are just as bad. We haven't a clue how big our house is, either. i rang CCH to see if the drawing supplied to the solicitors was accurate, but they said no. i wonder what the builders are using, if the architects drawings aren't to scale?

Anyone know the length and breadth of the 4-bed duplex kitchens? we're looking at a dining room table, but don't know if it'll fit.

something else on the 4-bed duplexes that annoyed me is the lack of a light halfway up the stairs to the bedrooms. Durkan wanted to charge me for it as an additional fitting. i told them i'd be suing them when i fell down the stairs because i couldn't see where i was going..:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Zub

I know sizes of 4 bed middle terraced duplexes in court. Is it what you are looking for?

Perty wrote:
    Myself and my boyfriend bought a 2 bed terraced house with the kitchen to the front in CP. However Hooke & McDonald have refused to give us the floor measurements. We don't even know the full sq footage of the house! They told us we'd have to measure them ourselves but when we went down at the wknd the 2 beds were locked up because they've all been sold out. Neither of us can make it down mid-week due to job constraints and were wondering if anyone knows the approx. sq footage of the house and the floor measurements for the downstairs of the house. We want to put in semi solid wooden floors everywhere downstairs except in the bathroom and behind the counter in the kitchen. We just want approx measurments so we have an idea how much it's gonna cost. :o

Hi Perty, this has come up a few times over the course of this thread. Basically, forget about H&McD - talk directly to the builders. Just because H&McD are big, does not mean that they are good.

We were also hoping to get measurements before we got the keys or when we did the snag, but they weren't forthcoming. The reason I was given was that although apartments are built to plans, there is a small chance that some of the dimensions have to change slightly. They did not want to publish individual measurements as they did not want to leave themselves open to any commitments based on those measurements.

If you are looking for rough figures, then I'm sure someone here can give you guideline sizes, or you can take some measurements when you do your snag. This should leave you more than enough time to get quotes etc, as there is probably a month between the first snag and getting the keys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 King_Carlos

Perty wrote:

Hey Perty,

I'm having the same problem myself. Useless is too good a word for that shower. I believe we should all rally together and sue them for all the stress and pressure they are putting everyone under.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Newcomers

Perty wrote:

Hiya,

We have the measurements to all the room for the front kitchen two bed townhouses in charlesland park, my girlfriend got them emailed to her from Durkan. If you want to use the ''private message'' option by clicking on my ''newcomers'' name I can organise to send them over to you somehow. email or something?

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

hello all
    i work in greystones (not going to say not here for the plug) great to c so many ppl of great character and good natured coming to greystones it needs a plug of new younger life its a great little village with excellent community spirit hope to see ye all over time

hello all
    i work in greystones (not going to say not here for the plug) great to c so many ppl of great character and good natured coming to greystones it needs a plug of new younger life its a great little village with excellent community spirit hope to see ye all over time

ah come on, give us a hint!

Seriously, nice to hear a positive word about Charlesland from people already in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bláth

Hi everyone - great thread. I've bought a type E in the Grove and snagged it week before last. Although I might add that it was nowhere ready to snag!! Cheaky builders! Anyway I was wondering if anyone has discovered any surprise pipes (albeit cased off) in their house or apartment? I have a cased pipe running down the wall in my living room and my surveyor could not determine what it was for! I dropped by yesterday night and it is still there - really getting me down.

Any suggestions? I'll drop down to the site on Friday and try to chat to the foreman. V bizarre however as I had checked out the place twice during construction and there was no pipe!!

As I said, any advice is welcome! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Zub

We are looking for round table (0.9-1.2 m diameter) with chairs. Can anybody recommend good furniture store? We've been to Classic furniture in Blanchardstown, Bray's store, Capel street store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Ice Man

Hi All,

Has anyone been able to make alterations to their properties such as putting in a different kitchen or fireplace, change the lighting etc? Mine not ready til the end of Feb (supposedly!!!) so I'm hoping I will have enough time to arrange any changes if possible.

Would be interested to hear if anyone has been able to do so and how you went about it.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭NewHome

Perty wrote:

We haven't dealt with H&MCD since we signed the contracts. Instead we ring either Durkan or the site manager and they have been more than helpful. Durkan emailed me with the measurements for the front kitchen two beds in the Park without any hassle at all. That said the measurements are not incredibly detailed, rather they give the floor area of each room, e.g living room 20.5m2. But you're not going to get the measurement of, say, the wall length between the fireplace and the french windows. We measured the show house when it was open and the floor areas correspond well to our rough measurements.

with regards to electrical changes, speak directly to the electrician. generally the quote is about €50 a new electrical outlet and €20 to move one.

rE: fireplaces, go to the showroom and they'll be very accomodating. you get about €300 allowance on one of their other types, but beware, they start at about €750 for a decent one...

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭EMPM

Hi all, I am moving in to CG in the next week or so, after a bit of a delay, so realy looking forward to it. can anybody tell me if bin charges are included in the management fee and if not who provides the service

No. unfortunately they're not. Ring Greenstar's Bray Depot. the number is 2829610

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

EMPM wrote:
    Hi all, I am moving in to CG in the next week or so, after a bit of a delay, so realy looking forward to it. can anybody tell me if bin charges are included in the management fee and if not who provides the service

Greenstar, same as rest of Wicklow. You can either get a wheelie bin (two actually, one for recycling), and they charge you for each time you put it out, or buy purple sacks from Eugene's in the village. Its €50 for 10. It certainly encourages you to recycle.

BTW - does everyone here know that the first tuesday of the month Greenstar only pick up recycling bins\bags? I ask because a lot of ppl seem to be leaving out purple bags on the recycling days, Greenstar arent' collecting them and then crows and magpies come along and start ripping them apart. can't be helping the mouse situation either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement