Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Greystones anyone moving there?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ccfcexile

just looking at all the threads and wondering where everyone is actualy from im asumming not all are from greystones , so anyway im from the real capital cork city :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭ratboy

yes the real capital, that's why all the administrative buildings are in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Ice Man wrote:
    Hi All,

Has anyone been able to make alterations to their properties such as putting in a different kitchen or fireplace, change the lighting etc? Mine not ready til the end of Feb (supposedly!!!) so I'm hoping I will have enough time to arrange any changes if possible.

Would be interested to hear if anyone has been able to do so and how you went about it.

My friends got a few things done different, including the fireplace, kitchen tiles etc. Ring the builders and tell them what you want to change. They may put you on to the kitchen/tiler/plumber who will actually be installing whatever it is you want to change. You would then pay the 3rd party directly.

Ring soon though before they have installed anything already.
    Zub wrote:
    We are looking for round table (0.9-1.2 m diameter) with chairs. Can anybody recommend good furniture store? We've been to Classic furniture in Blanchardstown, Bray's store, Capel street store.

Homeland in Bray are good, just to the left of Bray when you come in from Shankill.

Kilcroney has great stuff, but not cheap at all. They are just off the Kilcroney exit on the M/N11 on the Northbound side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Ice Man

with regards to electrical changes, speak directly to the electrician. generally the quote is about €50 a new electrical outlet and €20 to move one.

rE: fireplaces, go to the showroom and they'll be very accomodating. you get about €300 allowance on one of their other types, but beware, they start at about €750 for a decent one...

Cheers for that. Can you tell me where is the showroom? Is this the sales office or is there another place you can go to and see all options?

ratboy wrote:
    yes the real capital, that's why all the administrative buildings are in Dublin.

humour alert humour alert :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭ratboy

oh right, i'm a little slow, sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭lastsaturday

Ice Man wrote:
    Cheers for that. Can you tell me where is the showroom? Is this the sales office or is there another place you can go to and see all options?

i meant the fireplace shop. if it's the same one we used, it's in Bray, behind the SuperValue/Superquinn shop, opposite the Subaru garage.. it's called Burna Fireplaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

Hi All, First post! Interesting thread! I bought and moved to Seabourne View from Ranelagh in the summer and love it! The only problem is I'm 25, I'm there by myself and all my friends are in Dublin. On Saturdays I usually stay in a friends and go out in town but would like a few ideas on fun places to go in Greystones. I'm sure I could drag a few mates down every now and then. I've gone to the Burnaby a few times but you don't really get chatting to people like you would in town, everyone seems to have their little groups. I heard there's a new restaurant and bar opening this weekend called Script. It's on the right hand side heading into the village, just before the playground. Anyone heard anything about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

wingding wrote:
    Hi All, First post! Interesting thread! I bought and moved to Seabourne View from Ranelagh in the summer and love it! The only problem is I'm 25, I'm there by myself and all my friends are in Dublin. On Saturdays I usually stay in a friends and go out in town but would like a few ideas on fun places to go in Greystones. I'm sure I could drag a few mates down every now and then. I've gone to the Burnaby a few times but you don't really get chatting to people like you would in town, everyone seems to have their little groups. I heard there's a new restaurant and bar opening this weekend called Script. It's on the right hand side heading into the village, just before the playground. Anyone heard anything about this?

well, it is there - I don't know if it's opening this weekend but it looks nearly finished.

The Burnaby is a bit lifeless (used to be a great, grotty little pub, but since they extended and modernised it it's lost a lot of atmosphere).

You could try Dann's - i think they have trad type music on Sunday nights - used to draw a lively crowd but I haven't been down for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Zub

Can anybody recommend a company to install alarm system? I was looking at Argos Micromark alarms but discovered they are known for false alarms.

• Advertisement

Zub wrote:
    Can anybody recommend a company to install alarm system? I was looking at Argos Micromark alarms but discovered they are known for false alarms.

I went on eircom phonewatch tried and trusted the monitoring is 22 euros a month

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hc

Zub wrote:

I used a company called Lazer Alarms and they were great. They do a reasonable basic package for anyone like me who was short of money when moving house!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I'm guessing this is the land to the south of Ch Grove (where the old farmhouse and barns are)

http://www.unison.ie/bray_people/stories.php3?ca=34&si=1507599&issue_id=13283

Swimming pool and new Garda Station could be part of package

Developers offer deal for rezoning

GREYSTONES councillors have been handed a golden opportunity to make up a 'wish list' for the town, to be funded by developers in return for zoning more land for houses at Charlesland.

Developers Séan Mulryan, Peter Halpenny and Séan Dunne told councillors at a meeting at Druids Glen this week that they want a 20-acre site near the Superquinn store in Charlesland to be re-zoned from commercial to residential use, to pave the way for a further 250 family homes.

The developers, who were the principals in the Zapi company which already built 1,400 houses at Charlesland, have told councillors they will stump up funding for a number of community projects in return.

Zub wrote:

We used Lara alarms, very punctual and well priced. 01 4595459

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Toto_02

ccfcexile wrote:
    maybe its one of those grumpy ladies in superquinn
    Hi
    We had big problems with mice when we moved in a year ago.
    It is the builders responsibility to sort this out for you, i.e get rentokil in.
    As long as there is on-going building works, which there is almost everywhere.
    They fobbed us off for a while, but dont take no for an answer. Once rentolkil were in it got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Toto_02

We live in the part of C'land Court which runs from the road to the creche, and faces the green. I think its numbers 14 to 30 roughtly.
    Anyway I find without fail any1 calling to us gets lost cause the sign for C'land Court is further up, and the bloody rock that says C'land Wood on the far side of the green throws them off too!
    Seriously even my parents who have been here B4 ended up in the part of C'land Court behind us.
    So, I was on to our fantastic management company (o'farrell) to inform them, (about six weeks ago) They insisted that this would be rectified asap, since then nothing!
    Just wondering if any1 else on our row of houses has similiar experience and what do you think?? Would really like to hear from you, its driving me mad!!

I also mentioned the lack of lights to them, they're blaming the ESB, so I said we were paying for lights for a year now and not getting them. They agreed with this and said that instead of refunding every1 they would use the extra cash to further landscape the place, I kid u not. I said we would prefer a refund, thanks very much!! and guess what they are unable to do this!!
    What are we paying them for???
    These guys do not even have e-mail, their address is o'farrell@oceanfree or something, cause I made teh mistake of e-mailing them origionally, and when I rang they said they don't check e-0mails all that regularily!! they could use our money to get bloody connected, on-line I mean they are probably connected cause how else did tehy get the contract :cool:

Toto_02 wrote:
    Hi
    We had big problems with mice when we moved in a year ago.
    It is the builders responsibility to sort this out for you, i.e get rentokil in.
    As long as there is on-going building works, which there is almost everywhere.
    They fobbed us off for a while, but dont take no for an answer. Once rentolkil were in it got sorted.

we got a cat worked bloddy wonders too he's a house cat though and well trained

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Terri.D

hi all, came across this charlesland thread by accident, what a surprise! Moved to Charlesland Court with hubbie and kid in August.....im down near the funky horse that sticks its head over the fence!!!! Glad to hear every1 loves it......loving it myself.........been browsing earlier threads and have to say im sorry i didn't find it sooner all the problems and questions we had when we moved in ....had to find out the hard way or from ger the nice but sometimes 'overly friendly' or downright 'grumpy' foreman.....just wondering did anyone else get a visit from ntl last week at like 8 o'clock in the evening? and does anyone own the huge but lovely black and white cat that stalks me....sits on roof outside my bedroom window and just stares!!!!no kidding it creeps me out........and the management company well don't get too excited but they are not the brightest bulbs , had them in the last place we lived so was devasted to find that they were 'looking after' charlesland!!! so if i can be of any help with info about charlesland just ask and i will see what i can do lol!!

Terri.D wrote:
    hi all, came across this charlesland thread by accident, what a surprise! Moved to Charlesland Court with hubbie and kid in August.....im down near the funky horse that sticks its head over the fence!!!! Glad to hear every1 loves it......loving it myself.........been browsing earlier threads and have to say im sorry i didn't find it sooner all the problems and questions we had when we moved in ....had to find out the hard way or from ger the nice but sometimes 'overly friendly' or downright 'grumpy' foreman.....just wondering did anyone else get a visit from ntl last week at like 8 o'clock in the evening? and does anyone own the huge but lovely black and white cat that stalks me....sits on roof outside my bedroom window and just stares!!!!no kidding it creeps me out........and the management company well don't get too excited but they are not the brightest bulbs , had them in the last place we lived so was devasted to find that they were 'looking after' charlesland!!! so if i can be of any help with info about charlesland just ask and i will see what i can do lol!!

Hiya Terri.D, you must be just up from myself and my boyf, we're 184. That horse is so cool! I've been feeding him all our old carrots. He's so friendly!

Had not one, but two visits from NTL the other night, what was that all about?! We told him we had Sky and he left us alone.

No idea who owns the cat but i've seen him around too. I think that's what all the dogs bark at. Can you hear them as well?! Every morning and evening one starts barking and then they all start! It wrecks my head at the weekends when I'm trying to have a lie-in!

hi hc,
    yes i do indeed hear the dogs in fact can hear the little squeaky one right now......i'm up a few doors from you i'm in 190....we call them the hounds of hell!!!well we call them worse things than that mostly things i can't type here!!

• Advertisement

Oh God, they are SO annoying!! I've tried knocking on the window and shouting at them, but it only stops them for a few seconds, and then makes them bark even louder! Why can't their owners let them in or something?! Surely they can hear them barking too?!! I love dogs but they are testing my patience!

the owners are out all day and leave them out and only let them in , in the evening because freakishly you never hear them at night well not until about 6am.

Ah that explains it. Poor dogs though.

even so how do they sleep on the weekend mornings with that racket right outside even if they sleep in the front im sure they can still hear them, unless they sleep like the dead!

You would have to be deaf not to hear them, people can probably hear them in Charlesland Wood or Grove! I don't mind it on the weekdays as much, in fact I hate to admit it, but i'm nearly getting used to the noise at this stage! But at the weekends it's ridiculous.

If you are 190, is it the house beside you that is for sale already? That was very quick!

yeah thats me.....the orginal people who lived there were there for like 2 weeks and then went back to portugal....the people there now are renting until their house in the last phase at the back there is ready......the orginal people who were there were the first in the street to move in they were living there since the first week of july when we did our final inspection.

That's mad isn't it? I wonder have they had much interest in the house, considering there are still new houses for sale in Charlesland Park? I remember seeing a family living up there when we moved in in late July, and then they just disappeared! That would explain it.

It's funny though, when we moved in there was no-one around, now all the houses are nearly finished. Soon we'll have a green instead of builders' containers!

Don't know if they have had much interest to be honest i haven't noticed any heavy traffic going in .............that makes me sound like a curtain twitcher!!!
    Bring on the green grass sick of looking at the builders' containers.

Johnc72 wrote:
    No. unfortunately they're not. Ring Greenstar's Bray Depot. the number is 2829610

We were quite shocked to find out that the management fee did not cover the waste - what started out like quite a reasonable charge now seems quite hard to justify. What I would say is make sure that you/we attend all the meetings and make them accountable to the customers (us).

• Advertisement

The fact that the management fee doesn't cover the waste charge isn't much of a shock considering who the management company are! I Lived in Tullyvale in cabinteely and had fierce problems with them....and the residents there are still have the same and more problems.....and be very careful about meetings as sometimes not everyone is informed about the meetings its a trait of the management i and others have come to loath.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement