Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Independant Metal Recommendations

Options
  • 28-04-2005 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to pimp some quality CD's I've recently picked up by bands putting things out on their own labels. All these albums were made without the help of labels, paid for entirely by the bands. These guys really deserve some support and recognition cos they're putting out some seriously quality Metal for feck all in return. Each of these cds will cost you less than €15 posted to your door and are honestly excellent albums. Anyway, please lend your support to

Coprofago

Psychotogen

Painmuseum

and Symbyosis

If anyone else knows of some quality obscure bands, please put up a link :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

Two of the best metal bands ive heard from up North are Illegiance and Putrefy Who will both have CD's coming out soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

There's an American band I like, Delian League. Their site is http://www.delianleague.com/

One of the guitarists had a metal tab site I use to use a lot back in the day. There's a few MP3s on the site as well which are well worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Downloading some samples as we speak. Seems like my sort of thing, so I'll definetly have to shell out. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Downloading Delian League... :)

Is it just me, or does Coprofago's production sound really electronic?

• Advertisement

Off Genesis? Yes, I reckon it's been cleaned up a lot, digitally. Great album though, great playing. That album is 4 years old now, they have a new one coming out imminently.

Aye, I know what you mean. Still awesome stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

from what ive listened to:

delian league: pretty cool, let down by 'days of regret' which sucks however

illegiance: fairly alright, will give these guys a few more listens

putrefy:AWFUL! not my type of thing at all

That Symbiosis site was pissing me the hell off! Bar kept loading to 100% and resetting again and again... :mad:

Feck it, if their site doesn't want me to hear them, they can shove it up their hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

that happened with me to Coprofago's site :/

psychotogen: not my thing

painmuseum: pretty cool, would definitely buy their album

• Advertisement

It's a very graphically intensive site, I think that's just loading bits of the thing individually, give it a bit of time... you'll be blown away, amazing artwork throughout the whole thing :D

Bugger it, I'll try another time. Already download a few different samples from other band websites.

You ever heard of Mindgrinder? I saw them live supporting Hobbs' Angel of Death in Oslo, onlu bothered nabbing some of their stuff now. Actually, have you heard Hobbs' Angel Of Death for that matter? Oldschool Thrash from down under. ;)

Heard the name alright, haven't heard the music though.

Oh yeah, just to add to the suggestive nature of the thread, I suggest everyone go to www.mithras.org.uk and www.necrophagist.de

I have to say, Symbiosis was worth the wait. It was certainly interesting. Getting some more of their stuff now. Can't help but be reminded of Warhammer 40,000, that's some cool artwork.

I participated in the subscription for the new album, so hopefully it will arrive in the next few weeks, can't wait :D

Where can you get the older albums?

Oh, and you know, they remind me a lot of another indipendant UK band that go by the name of Biomechanical, who are quite good. You should give 'em a look.

I dunno, I haven't been able to find any. I'll give Biomechanical a look :)

Have you listened to Mithras?

Advertisement