Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole 4 students in summer?

Options
  • 28-04-2005 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

maybe im posting this in the wrong place (if i am just guide me to the right place!) but can anyone out there reliably tell me can students like me (i'm in 2nd yr of an arts degree) get the dole for the summer?
    i'm not bein a lazy bitch its just i finish exams really late & didnt find a decent job last year til nearly July.
    if anyone can give me ideas/advice/knowledge on this i'd be really grateful,
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Not a chance sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Repli wrote:
    Not a chance sorry!

There are ways around it. I was was finished a cert course and was going back for the diploma in september so I went up and told them I wasnt going back and they put me on it, no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

Go away outta that!! You can't get the dole as a student. The only way around it is welfare fraud.

I wouldn't go down that route.

Ye it was welfare fraud. A friend of mine also did but he told them he was just off for the summer holidays and he couldnt find a job and somehow he managed to get on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

How much were you getting bush?

85 or something is it?

• Advertisement

Something like that, 85 to 100

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

No, being a student is classed as full time employment.

Thread Locked, you have your answer.

John

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement