Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Science @ TCD

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

gazza22 wrote:
    Yeah, UCD is definitely on the list but TCD is closer (not that it matters lol) and it would me my first choice. I was told UCD students are more into the partying than the Trinty students...is that debatable?
    Erm, yes. Us UCD students are in fact pissheads. :p
    The UCD science nights out are fantastic... Put 1000 drunk science students in 1 club and it's fun. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'd say maths over maths methods too. All you have to do is pass it and that's very easy to do. I didn't go to most of Timoney's lectures, I just did the simple binary question and used my leaving cert probability notes for the probability question and left that paper at that. Got a 2.1 in maths :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

just DON'T do maths methods, geography/geology, biology n chemistry..it's a bitch!

Why not? Maths methods looks like a nice piece of piss that I could just skip and hopefully pass based on LC maths..leaving me with three subjects that are actually interesting..but if you have evidence to the contrary, do tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Maths is quite easy.

I think there's a strong element of Continuous assesment to MM.

Geography and Geology sounds like fun but you can still do Geology in 2nd year despite not doing it in 1st year, so obviously they do fook all. They do a lot of hand specimen work. Looking at rocks and identifying them. Ask anyone that did GG and they'll tell you about a whole lot of rock licking.

Just do BMC like a good boy. In fairness, long term it won't make any difference. I think a lot of people with say it's always a good idea to do as much maths as possible in college. It's never a disadvantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Talking of Maths - I remember walking into a lecture theatre in the Hamilton (maths) where the most bizarre sight awaited me....

The class was chatting non-stop and your man just kept on speaking and writing without bothering at all, or making more than the minimum effort to teach...... He's tall and grey haired.....

DrIndy wrote:
    Talking of Maths - I remember walking into a lecture theatre in the Hamilton (maths) where the most bizarre sight awaited me....

The class was chatting non-stop and your man just kept on speaking and writing without bothering at all, or making more than the minimum effort to teach...... He's tall and grey haired.....

Colm O'Dunlaing? If it was JF SF or JS Engineering, I'd say would be any of the E1 subjects. But tall and grey haired sounds like my lecturer for 3E1.

Tall and grey haired could be Buttimore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

dunno the name, just remember being stunned that everyone was talking continually during a lecture..... thats pretty much unheard of for me.....

I think it's an engineering thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

crash_000 wrote:
    Actually, who is in CSLL? theres yourself, that other guy, that girl....who's the fourth?

Another guy. One wears grey google hat and earphones, the other one has black hair and knows everything.

Go ahead and organise a night out, we'll be happy to join yous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Pet wrote:
    Whoah! So what, you just have some lectures/tutorials where it's just you? Or when you say "group" do you mean "the set of people doing CSLI"?

No lectures on my own, either CSLL classes or irish with the modern irish TSMers. 4 is the smallest class i have, unless there's 3 people that don't show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Alright i'll email class lists after examenes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Ferrioxide

Science in Trinity. Reminds me of Groundhog day in many ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Ferrioxide wrote:
    Science in Trinity. Reminds me of Groundhog day in many ways.

Bill Murray studies in the Hamilton?

cuckoo wrote:
    Bill Murray studies in the Hamilton?

Yeah, it's how he got qualified as a Ghostbuster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

In my opinion Science @ TCD is a good choice, there are good subject options (and some fun lecturers in the Physics dept - is Dr Eric Finch still around?) They say physics is the hardest to pick up if you haven't done it for the Leaving Cert. There are a lot of options also afterwards. I'd a good few friends at TCD who graduated 10-12 years ago and all got really good mileage out of their Science degree (unlike my Music B.A. mod which has pretty much stigmatized me for life).

stigmata ised u? ouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

shoegirl wrote:
    In my opinion Science @ TCD is a good choice, there are good subject options (and some fun lecturers in the Physics dept - is Dr Eric Finch still around?) They say physics is the hardest to pick up if you haven't done it for the Leaving Cert. There are a lot of options also afterwards. I'd a good few friends at TCD who graduated 10-12 years ago and all got really good mileage out of their Science degree (unlike my Music B.A. mod which has pretty much stigmatized me for life).
    Aye finchy's still around, enthusiastic as always. :D
    So you switched from science (physics?) to music? Or are you one of those amazing double double degree holders?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Double double degree?

(degree)^2

?

• Advertisement
Advertisement