Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy Back on BBC!

• 28-04-2005 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Just a heads up for fans of H2-G2, BBC2 are screening it from Tuesday May 3rd at 23.20 hrs for 6 weeks. If you're old and crusty its a blast of nostalgia if you're a young 'un you can laugh at the special effects (some of which are quite ingenious given the zero budget and technology).

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

some other channel are showing them also (maybe UKTV, not sure)

i have never seen it so i'll have a look this time around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Paramount 2 is showing it aswell. I have them all taped from when Adams died and they repeated them. It's great to have these even if the movie turns out to be crap cos this series was excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Yea, the BBC and UKTV do a lot of stuff together.... eh let me re-phrase, UKTV buys a lot of programmes and services from the BBC.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

This series is well worth watching. The special effects are pretty crummy but it manages to capture the humour of the books perfectly. Also, I don't know how BEEB are scheduling them but IMHO its better to watch it as one large 3hour block rather than one ep per day/week etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Lump wrote:
    Yea, the BBC and UKTV do a lot of stuff together.... eh let me re-phrase, UKTV buys a lot of programmes and services from the BBC.

John

i thought the BBC and Telewest were in bed together and own a 50/50 share of UKTV

or is that all over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

The 2-disc DVD is also well worth picking up. Very nice presentation and some cool extra features.

Advertisement