Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS on a PDA

Options
  • 28-04-2005 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭

Anyone recemmend some gps mapping software for a HP IPAQ RX3115 that won't break the bank....

would be looking for irish maps (nothing too detailed , town to town sort of thing , not back road to ballygobackwards) and western europe (france,germany)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

There's another thread about this in the last couple of days... I'd recommend Mapolopolis for Irish maps. From what I can tell they have all N and R roads for every county plus some smaller ones. City coverage also very good. The people who supply the maps are attempting 100% coverage of ireland (thing I read said by end of 2005 but dunno how old the article was). Mapoloplis also have a demo version of all the maps for download. The Western Europe pack isn't too expensive either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Yeah
    I use Mapopolis also. Not the prettiest maps or interface around, but functional and "reasonable" coverage of the country. As BigMoose said, the city coverage is actually quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

I bought a dell axim x5 off Ebay, uses TomTom3 software, woefull maps of ireland. tried using microsoft autoroute 2005 same problem, poss the map source?. so im using autoroute 2002 irish map, good detail and the gps proggie from the autoroute2005

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

mapsonic is pretty good for europe, totally covered in total detail,dublin is fully covered also as are the N roads. gives directions and speeds obviously

Advertisement