Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pistol Calibre Conversion Kits

Options
  • 28-04-2005 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

hi all
    has anybody imported a conversion kit for a centerfire pistol to .22 if so whats the procedure for doing same.do you need another permit from the local super.

270 rem

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

I was thinking about doing the same for my glock. It's quite easy buy them in other countries without a licence but I'd say here as you're changing the caliber of the pistol you will need another licence. The main reason for the conversion kit in my view is to be able to practice with your centrefire pistol by using cheaper less pounding ammo. However if it's a .22lr pistol you want I'd say a better option would be buy another pistol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

packas wrote:
    I was thinking about doing the same for my glock. It's quite easy buy them in other countries without a licence but I'd say here as you're changing the caliber of the pistol you will need another licence. The main reason for the conversion kit in my view is to be able to practice with your centrefire pistol by using cheaper less pounding ammo. However if it's a .22lr pistol you want I'd say a better option would be buy another pistol.

How much did your glock set you back and which one do you have, I am looking at a Glock 17 Currently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

I've got a Glock 22 in 40S&W. Great caliber. Cost me 650Euro. Ammo works out at about 12-14 euro for 50. Currently shooting CCI blazer 165grain FMJ's.

I did spend some extra on the gun though as the factory standard for target shooting leaves a lot to be desired:-

Got tritium night sights. Rear dots red. front dot green. 120 euro (MMC with
    adjustable rear sights). A little bit of metalwork required to sight dovetail to fit it to Glock. Glock dovetails are not renowned to be very accurately machined.
    Trigger is very musy. Got lighter springs, over travel stop etc.. to smoothen it up. Also got some of the parts polished. Cost 90 euro.
    Also fitted hogue grip. Picked it up in New York for 10 dollars. Would recommend that accessory for sure !!

Did you consider taking a look at HK USP? A friend of mine has one in 9mm. Cost about 850 euro. Nice piece with good trigger and very good factory sights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Are you talking about Irish Prices or European Prices..ie are you in Ireland

Advertisement