Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

route 66

Options
  • 28-04-2005 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

Hey what time does route 66 close on friday evenings in Georges Court?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Im almost certain it's either 5 or half 5.

However you could always ring them:

051 871966

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Thanks its 9 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Just reading old threads here...7 years ago! I miss route 66!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I didn't even notice it was gone! HA!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

DAMMMMMMN YOU i thought it had reopened! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I didn't even notice it was gone! HA!

I never even knew of the place :s

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I thought Oldyellar was back! Curse you. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Route 66 got very expensive before it closed down. And considering the range wasn't all that, it was a recipe for closing down. Same as Oslo, they re-opened as a Women's Clothes shop but didn't last too long either.

The place up by the original Oslo on the second floor of George's Court, Global iirc, that was decent, stuff was expensive but seemed to be forever on sale, so prices didn't seem too bad! I'm still rockin' two tees I bought there, must have been 3-4 years ago.

batm!ke wrote: »
    Route 66 got very expensive before it closed down. And considering the range wasn't all that, it was a recipe for closing down. Same as Oslo, they re-opened as a Women's Clothes shop but didn't last too long either.

The place up by the original Oslo on the second floor of George's Court, Global iirc, that was decent, stuff was expensive but seemed to be forever on sale, so prices didn't seem too bad! I'm still rockin' two tees I bought there, must have been 3-4 years ago.

yeah global was my favourite shop in town. they had some reasonably priced stuff called TDK, which was fab, I still have TDK jeans, check shirt, tshirts and jacket that I bought from there back in 2007 and they are still in good nick.... but they also had premium brands in there like carhaart and Fred Perry, boxfresh... actually they where one of the few places that had fred perry so that stuff was pricey enough but not anymore expensive than heros et al...
    I suppose Tk Maxx and online sites like M+m direct/Littlewoods spelled the end for independant shops like this... for instance you can get a fred perry tshirt in town now for €55+ while its only €35 on M+m direct atm delivered, once you know your size in certain brands you are confident about buying them online....

real pity because the likes of Global, R66, Oslo, Pure, Icon all offered really good variety as opposed to your topmans/river islands and debenhams....

The lady who was running GLobal aswell was sound out, remember I'd often go in and be chatting to her for ages after buying stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

The lady who was running GLobal aswell was sound out, remember I'd often go in and be chatting to her for ages after buying stuff!

Yeah, she was sound out, always seemed on for a chat and it was never forced, she's always tell you whether they were going well or not
    real pity because the likes of Global, R66, Oslo, Pure, Icon all offered really good variety as opposed to your topmans/river islands and debenhams....

Totally agree, men's shopping isn't up to much any more. There isn't much scope for spotting some nice stuff that not everyone else in town is wearing. Can't shop in River Island anymore, I really don't want to look like Frankie Cocozza or the new member of The Wanted.
    yeah global was my favourite shop in town. they had some reasonably priced stuff called TDK, which was fab, I still have TDK jeans, check shirt, tshirts and jacket that I bought from there back in 2007 and they are still in good nick....

Mad, TDK is actually the brand of t-shirts I have! Also that little shop opposite Golden Discs was quite good for little bargains, Apollo. They had a nice range of FLY53 stuff that I haven't seen anywhere else. And let's not forget Pure... found the clothes pricey but the range of Globe trainers was class, I have 3 pairs from Pure still going strong.

When you look at it, we had a decent choice back in the day. :(

batm!ke wrote: »
    When you look at it, we had a decent choice back in the day. :(

I know, like don't get me wrong, you can get some nice stuff in TK maxx, but it all dependant on the sizes, and what time u go in there at...

The TDK stuff is top quality, genuinely gutted I can't find it anywhere anymore....

That apollo shop was daycent aswell now that you mention it, and pure was unreal for the vans and skater shoes etc!

I suppose Heros are the only real mens shop like them around town now, and that prob takes away from the uniqueness of before becasue, if every fella goes shopping in heors well the chances are that you will bump into guys wearing the same stuff as you....

Not good for local retail because people are maybe now opting to wait till they go to cork/Dundrum/Uk etc to get clothes and all that now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

Ah I thought it might be opening again too:( They had the best Jeans!! Freesoul were my fav!! and they always had nice lil tops there too!!
    oh well!....

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

seanybiker wrote: »
    I never even knew of the place :s

Ah you were missing out;)

I thought Oldyellar was back! Curse you.

Now there's a username I haven't seen in years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

She's still around ;)

Advertisement