Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Article] Dublin Bus picket ends amid talks plan

• 28-04-2005 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2005/0428/dublinbus.html
    Dublin Bus picket ends amid talks plan

28 April 2005 18:46
    Workers who staged an unofficial strike at a Dublin Bus depot in north Dublin this afternoon are returning to work pending conciliation talks at the Labour Relations Commission.

The four-hour stoppage disrupted bus services this afternoon particularly in the Finglas and Ballymun areas.

AA Roadwatch said that delays would continue on routes operating out of the Harristown Depot near Ballymun until 7pm.

The routes affected are: 13, 13A, 17A, 27, 27B, 33B, 40, 40A, 40B, 40C and 40D, 83, 105, 230, 237, 238, 239 and 270 services.

The dispute is over the withdrawal of free EasyPass toll bridge passes from some staff who were transferred there from other locations in the city six months ago.

The workers were issued with passes for the first six months of the transfer that are due to expire on 30 April. The company has written to the staff seeking the return of the passes.

Dublin Bus earlier confirmed it had written to a number of workers warning them the unofficial industrial action is illegal, and that the company may take legal and disciplinary action against them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

They're lucky they got it for 6 months in my opinion. Most employers dont care how you get to work as long as you're there on time!

Besides, with the overtime some of this lot make they can well afford to pay like the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

It was a nice guesture to give them a pass for 6 months but now they are just being greedy. I know my contract states that the company can move without any renumeration . They may have a different clause but I am sure it doesn't say free passes will be given if needed due to movement. If the trade union doesn't support it then it gives a real view of how unreasonable they are being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    They're lucky they got it for 6 months in my opinion. Most employers dont care how you get to work as long as you're there on time!

Besides, with the overtime some of this lot make they can well afford to pay like the rest of us.

haven't heard of the 48 hour maximum working week???

Advertisement