Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Bus/Camper as first car/van

Options
  • 28-04-2005 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

My sisters friend has loads of old VW beetles and camper/vans that I have fallen in love with. I was told that they would sell me one with most of the parts I would need for restoration at a fairley reasonable price.

I'd love to get on and laugh at my freinds driving their ****ty I liter boy racer cars but I dont think I'll be able to get insured as I'm 18 and never held a licence before.

Dose anyone know if I can get insurance on peferably the bus/van version or maybe somewhere that dose camper insurance? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Sorry both classic and camper policys both require the driver to be 25 or over. You could try the old route of putting it in a parents name and you as named driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The added difficulty for the (cheaper) camper insurance is that you also only get it on a camper that is your second car ... you need insurance on a "normal" car first.

Insuring a camper on a "normal" policy is nigh on impossible ...at least it was a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭folkswagen

usually works out at about 600 for just the camper instead of the usual 300 yo-yos if it is your second car....but yes, you have to be well into your 20's to even get the ins

Advertisement