Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

esat/bt/iol - took 4 months off my cc this month!!

• 29-04-2005 12:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭

I pay IOL by CC and it is usually 2 months in advance but this month they have taken 4 months!! A bit rich. Has this happened to anyone else and I tthought the CC compnay would block multiple attempts.

gb---

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

happened to me - they are making us paying 2 months in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

Me too, 5 months rental (last 3, next 2) and two months worth of call, and no warning cos they changed my account number with no info about htis to me, had to ring/fax/email the usual, till I found out what happened. is it legal to take money for goods you havent used, what happens if you leave the service, do you have to chase down the money youre owed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭victor8600

Me too, 5 months rental (last 3, next 2) and two months worth of call, and no warning cos they changed my account number with no info about htis to me, had to ring/fax/email the usual, till I found out what happened. is it legal to take money for goods you havent used, what happens if you leave the service, do you have to chase down the money youre owed?

In my experience both Eircom and EsatBT were greedy b@atards :) Esat billed me for "free" broadband trial after I cancelled it. Eircom sent me a phone that I did not order and then billed my account. Their letter said "Thank you for purchasing this phone, if you don't want it, send it back in 14 days". Of course, they did not supply the return address. I spent ages going through different departments just to return this phone.
    I don't know if what they are doing is legal, but will you go into court over 150 euro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

"Has this happened to anyone else and I tthought the CC compnay would block multiple attempts."

Have you thought of calling ESAT instead of posting here?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Ah roffle, I hope they don't try taking 4 months worth out of my account, I don't even have enough to pay 2 months.
    lol tbh :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

thanks for replies and I had called esat before posting and I had gone on the new website. When I rang I encountered queue busters technology, i.e they say u are so far down the queue leave ur name and we will call back, I did that with the assumption as no one ever rings back in Ireland that was that. I went to website and they have no email facility for queries set up yet! The email to the CEO Bill ??? gets bounced. So here we have a company at the forefront of technolgy that puts up a website with no email facility.!!!! It's nce to see that the new BT Ireland has caught up with Eircom so quickly.

They did ring back and told me that I was not billed the correct amounts in 2004 so they took the extra this time round and it was a pure conincdence that it amounted to 2 months exactly. I expressed surprise that a company would take extra money from a customers account without notifying them first and wanted to raise a formal complaint. I asked for CUSTOMER CARE managers name to be told she had left but got a name of the temporary person. ESAT would not send me an itemised list of the charges but what galled me is that I did a tidy up recently and threw out cc statements that were a year old. I can get copies but it will take a few weeks. There is no control with a CC a company can request what it likes and there is nothing one can do.

I can only hope that I did owe them the extra money as the chances of getting it back are slim. I am just waiting for SMART to get where I am and then its bye bye BT Ireland my .....

Frightening is the word for it.

gb--

Advertisement