Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Sin City sequels confirmed!

• 29-04-2005 1:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

Not exactly shocking news considering the strangle-hold it has on both critics and audiences right now in the US. And soon to do similar in Europe!
    JoBlo.com wrote:
    Robert Rodriguez will be shooting back to back sequels for SIN CITY 2 and 3 starting February of next year for a release presumably summer of 2007. I guess the studio big wigs were satisfied with the commercial and critical appeal of the uber-cool SIN CITY that they jumped on the shooting back to back sequels bandwagon.
    Roll on 2007!

Hopefully, Rodriguez can pull this off!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

I haven't read the comics/graphic novels yet so I could be wrong but didn't they use bits from all the comics to make the film?

If this is the case, the new films would be based on original material which I can't see being a good idea.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

cosgrove80 wrote:
    I haven't read the comics/graphic novels yet so I could be wrong but didn't they use bits from all the comics to make the film?
    I'm 99% sure they made the first movie from just 3 of the stories, so there's plenty of scope for sequels. The movie is meant to be very faithful too so they don't chop and change between different stories.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

When is this released anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

heres hoping this doesn't turn out like the matrix and its sequels....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

When is this released anywhere?
    Sin City is released in Ireland on June 3rd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

IMDB has some info on this on it's trivia section for Sin City. The sequels are based on the other graphic novels. Thye planned to do a couple of extra stories for this one, but couldn't fit them in, so they slated sequels. Apparently Johnny Depp, who was to play Jackie-Boy, is going to be one of the leads.

Also, on a side note, they also say that when they were writing the screenplay, they realised they had to cut out loads of the graphic novels out to fit the standard film running time. Rodriguez said that it didn't matter, he'd film the entire graphic novels and put the completed film on a special DVD! :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

heres hoping this doesn't turn out like the matrix and its sequels....

Hardly, Miller's already done everything for him in terms of plot, storyboards and dialogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

i hope they turn out as good as the first

watching sin city reminded me of watchign the first kill bill its great to get something so genuinley enjoyable to watch cant wait to see it in the cinema

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 basil

wow a sequel, i only found out about the first one, is elijah wood in the sequel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Plots of future movies

Lots and lots of cool stories.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

basquille wrote:
    Sin City is released in Ireland on June 3rd

Sweet, a mate got it on DVD from a member of the travelling community, said it was deadly! I'm gonna wait till 3rd June too see the Frank Miller goodness though. :)

Advertisement