Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Broadband Free Web Space Settings

• 29-04-2005 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

One of the benefits of IOL Broadband is a free web space that you can share your photos etc.

How do you create your web space? I have IOL Broadband but couldn't find any info about how to set this up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

Ring em up with your user name and password, aswell as a name for your site. eg Muppet becomes www.iol.ie/~muppet and they'll set up the space for you .Takes about a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Streamload

Thanks irishshogun,

the link for registering yourself is http://register.iol.ie/webspace/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

AFAIK Streamload that only applies to dial-up connections.

With broadband the authentication system breaks down!

julius wrote:
    AFAIK Streamload that only applies to dial-up connections.

With broadband the authentication system breaks down!

Youre welcome Streamload ...
    Julius I'm on BB+ and I set mine up that way, maybe you just got an idiot or a lazy bugger when you rang :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

I apologise for not making myself clear.

My last comment was in relation to Streamload's recommendation of self-registration url http://register.iol.ie/webspace/.

Havent tried to setup anything with the online space....how large is it anyway???
    50MB??...100MB??.....??

• Advertisement

julius wrote:

Havent tried to setup anything with the online space....how large is it anyway???
    50MB??...100MB??.....??

To be honest with you I have no idea how large the space is, I built the site mainly in Flash so Its only 250K anyway. I expect you'll have 50megs, but thats onl;y a quess

Advertisement