Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Big news from KOPTALK

• 29-04-2005 9:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

I have had a falling out with Dunk of the Koptalk website so I will post info here when I can.

The lastest bit of info is that Benitez is heavily conisdering joining with Real Madrid because of the offer they have made him and because LFC are in talk with Chelsea over their midfield genius, Xabi Alonso.

Mourinhio has dropped his interest in Gerrard according to the site.

They are looking for a 40 Million plus package and have mentioned how they would be interested in signing Duff and Parker in part exchange,

here is the quote

939921 - 26/04/05 02:49 PM Xabi Speculation Rumbles on.

Speculation which suggests Rafa is going to leave rumbles on with some of our sources suggesting a deal is imminent for Xabi Alonso.

The player is believed to be looking for a move when Rafa was told every player was available for sale after Chelsea cooled their interest in Gerrard and revealed he could leave himself for Real Madrird

KopTalk reported on 11th April that Rafa's representatives had already sounded out Rafa about a move to Madrid but there was no sign of any concrete developments or follow-ups at the time.

Real Madird could plan a double swoop as they plan to bring back some Spanish stars in England, Reyes and Alonso.

Such a move is unlikely to please the Liverpool board because of the high wages that he would command unless he hands in a transfer request to negate a potential pay off from selling him.

Although he has four years left on his current deal, they could be tempted to allow him to leave to raise cash for the new stadium that is current costing the club up to £1,000,000 a month to finance their current plans.

Dunk

I will pass on what I can when I can.

thanks

Emmo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

woh, that really would be a step backward for the 'pool..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

:( this would make me a very sad man, its a move in which i cant see Liverpool gaining ground on the top 3 for a very long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Koptalk is the biggest load of s*hite...this is a load of crap

The only thruth in it is I can see Mourinho cooling his interest in Gerrard after Wed nights performance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Chelsea: Gerrard, you're just not worth it
    EXCLUSIVE by IAN McGARRY, Daily Mail 07:33am 29th April 2005
    Chelsea have dramatically dropped their interest in Steven Gerrard after manager Jose Mourinho decided the Liverpool midfielder would not be value for money.

Sportsmail can reveal that Mourinho told Chelsea at a top-level meeting on Tuesday that he had "other priorities" and felt that the £30million fee which had been virtually agreed with Liverpool for Gerrard was too much.

Mourinho commissioned a statistical report on Gerrard's performances over the past three seasons, including appearances, goals, assists, pass completion and possession won.

It was decided that the fee plus wages of around £5.5m a season would be better spent elsewhere.

Chelsea have instead turned their attention to 21-year-old Argentina international Javier Mascherano, who they believe they can secure from River Plate for around £8m.

Mourinho is finalising his spending plans and, having come within 24 hours of securing the Liverpool captain last season, the same deal has now been withdrawn.

That will surprise the domestic football world, where it was thought to be only a matter of time before Gerrard pulled on a blue shirt. A leading Premiership manager recently told reporters that it was "a done deal", while Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry admitted the club would be powerless to prevent the England midfielder walking away from Anfield.

Mascherano matches Mourinho's required profile

Mourinho, too, appeared to give substance to the move when he sought out Gerrard for a special embrace at the end of the Carling Cup Final, a match in which Gerrard's own-goal contributed to Chelsea's 3-2 victory.

Gerrard was also rumoured to have bought a house in Cobham, Surrey, near Chelsea's new training centre.

Unlike Gerrard, though, Mascherano matches Mourinho's required profile of a young, gifted and ambitious player ripe for being moulded in the coach's image. The goalscoring midfielder is considered the hottest property in Argentine football and would command a salary of only £2m a season.

Mourinho believes the bulk of spending must go on a goalscorer and refurbishing the defence. To that end, negotiations are already under way with Inter Milan aimed at signing Brazil striker Adriano for around £25m plus the permanent transfer of Juan Sebastian Veron, who is currently on loan at the Italian club. Chelsea would also be willing to make Hernan Crespo - on loan at AC Milan - part of the deal.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich flew to Italy yesterday, primarily to watch CSKA Moscow - sponsored by his company Sibneft - take on Parma in the UEFA Cup semi-final, though it is understood he has meetings in Milan today.

Mourinho has made no secret of his desire for a top class left back and will probably have to sign a centre half as William Gallas looks sure to request a move to Barcelona. Rio Ferdinand may yet move from Manchester United to Stamford Bridge to fill that gap while Arsenal's Ashley Cole is a less likely choice given the Premier League charges against Mourinho, the player and Chelsea for 'tapping up'.

'We need 11 gladiators'

Apart from Gerrard missing out on the lucrative move, Liverpool will lose out on the revenue they had earmarked to allow Rafa Benitez to re-shape the squad to mount a serious challenge for the title next season.

The news will also bring an extra edge to next Tuesday's Champions League semi-final return leg at Anfield.

Gerrard, who had a mouth abscess drained at a London hospital on Tuesday, said yesterday: "We need brave men on Tuesday. We need 11 gladiators, and the subs have got to be ready and the fans have to be ready. We know what role the fans can play and hopefully they can be that 12th man."

Both John Terry and Damien Duff are expected to be fit for Chelsea's trip to Bolton tomorrow when they can wrap up the Premiership.

Mateja Kezman, used as a late substitute against Liverpool, could be returning to Champions League semifinalists PSV. Guus Hiddink, the Dutch club's coach, has noted the striker's frustration on Chelsea's bench and said yesterday: "I don't know if it is wise to let Kezman play at PSV again, but it won't hurt to think about it."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

It's coincidental that Gerrard told them last weekend that he's not convinced about a move in the summer and he's no longer looking for a property in London. It would seem that the player has made a decision to stay where he is and now the Daily Mail (a Chelski mouth piece) is engaged in a bit of spin - "Chelsea Rejects Gerrard!" reads better in London than "Gerrard Has Rejected Chelsea Again!"

As for the first post - KopTalk should be renamed Crap Talk.

• Advertisement

I'd say its more Chelsea trying to rattle Liverpool before the big game. Getting agents to put out rumours, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

eirebhoy wrote:
    I'd say its more Chelsea trying to rattle Liverpool before the big game. Getting agents to put out rumours, etc.

Exactly what I was thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

What a load of shíte :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

This thread did nothing but re-affirm my belief that pay-to-read soccer sites are boll*x.

• Advertisement

ziggy67 wrote:
    Personally i can't see where Gerrard would fit into the Chelsea set up. He gives the ball away too much trying his "Hollywood" passes to play the sitting role & wouldn't be as effective as Lampard in the attacking role. Alonso on the other hand would fit in nicely.
    In Tiago's role. Makelele in the holding role spreading the passes. Lampard doing what he does. Gerrard getting himself around and flying in with the tackles.

Since I've seen him with Alonso though I don't know if Gerrard is up to being one of the pack. He seems to me like he has to be the leader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Typical Kraptalk rubbish.

Advertisement