Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subscribing

Options
  • 29-04-2005 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭

I know, I know this has been brought up loads but I just want a quick and simple answer. Is there any other way to pay other than paypal? I was a demon with the credit card and since had to give it to my ma(safekeeping) until I pay it off.

Thanks.

I have tried searching btw.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

cheque?
    money order?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Cheers.

you would have to get the address of an admin though..

I'll see if there is one and get back to you

What exactly are the benefits of becoming a subscriber (bar the neverending coke, 4 red stars & your own avatar)? It doesn't mention it on the link off the main page, it just asks for your cash..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

You get a shiny blog and stuff. I have been dying to register, but I don't have a cc as I have a student filth acc & AIB won't let me.

The fella refuses to let me use his as PayPal charge him a 16% charge and even if I pay that as well he's against the principle.

There used to be account details you could transfer into directly afaik, but not any more :-(

Ruthie, will you please PM me the adress as well if admin's don't want it posted up?

• Advertisement

You also get access to the subscribers board where they point and laugh at the unclean nonregs. I presume.

Shabadu wrote:
    Ruthie, will you please PM me the adress as well if admin's don't want it posted up?

I have asked the question on the Suscribers Forum, if I get an answer, will let you know

Beruthiel wrote:
    I have asked the question on the Suscribers Forum, if I get an answer, will let you know
    Cheers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

petes wrote:
    I know, I know this has been brought up loads but I just want a quick and simple answer. Is there any other way to pay other than paypal? I was a demon with the credit card and since had to give it to my ma(safekeeping) until I pay it off.
    Thanks.
    Don't you post on the poker board? If you ever play in the Fitz then DeVore can occasionally be found in there so you can hand him your subs money in person. Or amp is trustworthy too.

lafortezza wrote:
    Don't you post on the poker board? If you ever play in the Fitz then DeVore can occasionally be found in there so you can hand him your subs money in person. Or amp is trustworthy too.

No dont post there. I can just about play snap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You can pay by direct payment into boards.ie bank account too - it's how I did it, using telephone banking :)

Can you still BB? They took down the details in the 'SUpporters Pack goes Live' thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Shabadu wrote:
    but I don't have a cc as I have a student filth acc & AIB won't let me.

must just be you I got a pre approved CC as student :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

petes wrote:
    Even read the first post?

no

uberwolf wrote:
    must just be you I got a pre approved CC as student :confused:
    Aargh- must go kill. How? I was told I could get one but I've have to change my student acc to one where I would have to pay banking charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

standing order is a good way to pay for it. its done automatically every year. but remember to put something like your user id into the coments section of the transaction.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2238527&postcount=2

Looks like thats the way I will do it then. Cheers Billy.

Hooray!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

You could always PM DeVore and ask him where to send the money by post.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

petes, it might also be a good idea to seld a help desk ticket informing the admins that a payment will be made from you.

Advertisement