Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audioslave's new single...

Options
  • 29-04-2005 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

... 'Be Yourself', it's actually quite good. They seem to be developing their own sound now, considering their debut album was like Rage Against the Garden (does that work?).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

listening to it now, not bad.

pity they're not stoping off in ireland on their tout, v ozzfest of em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭curious_george

They're playing Oxegen, playa

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

not the same really, i'd rather see em in the ambasador, or even the point, hate the fúcking point though.
    They're playing Oxegen, playa

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Have any of you heard "your time has come" yet ?
    Your time has come
    I think it has a more soundgarden feel to it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

I love Your Time Has Come, much more rocking than Be Yourself. The solo is very oldschool Morello. Can't wait for Oxegen, goin to see them twice in London in June. lookin forward to hearin the RATM and soundgarden covers they're doin. Imagine Killing In The Name at Oxegen!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I don't like the new single at all to be honest. I think its quite boring...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

The 1st time i heard the Be Yourself I thought it was sh*te but it has really grown on me massively. It may be more to do with Cornell's amazing vocal ability but anyway the mixture of the legendary Rage sound and one of the best vocalists in rock is always gonna get a thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I like it. Very mellow and not what you'd normally expect from Cornell and co. but nice nonetheless. Very infectious chorus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

thinkin its a good song and they have their own sound now. looking forward to the new album.

what's the deal with the ****e lyrics though; "Be Yourself is all that you can do" well done Chris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

Prefer 'your time has come', 'Be yourself' sounds a bit too mellow. They're still coming up with kick ass riffs as always. Doesn't sound that different to their other stuff tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

I like it, it's a good song.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭magicspatula

im not mad about it. its a bit boring to be honest. not as good as anything from the first album. il still give the new album a chance tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Very middle-of-the-road track, with exceptionally poor lyrics.

I would like to see them just for the covers, "Sleep Now in the Fire" and "Bulls On Parade" would be amazing, but its just not the same.

In all honesty, and I love RATM to bits, if Audioslave were 4 nobodies, they would struggle to even get signed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

its very u2 but i like it

check out http://www.hyperlaunch.com/audioslave/beyourself/ it has 4 preview tracks from the new album, the 2 singles and two new ones.

"Doesn't Remind Me" is very country sounding but decent enough rock chorus

"Out Of Exile" the album's title track is real good with a great riff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Oh how the mighty (Cornell) have fallen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Steven wrote:
    Oh how the mighty (Cornell) have fallen :(

I hate that guy!
    The other guys in the band should find a new singer....what's Zach De La Rocha doing these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Listen to 'Your Time Has Come' and then listen to 'Bad Seed' by Metallica.

Whoops.

[angry rant] How could you not hate him now. I mean, at least the other audioslaves (heh) are producing music that doesn't make you want to split them open with an axe, except for some of Morello's more experimental solos. Even if his lyrics weren't ridiculous tripe, his singing has deteriorated noticeably.

De La Rocha was a bit of a tool aswell, always going off half cocked trying to force some incredibly impractical, poorly informed political agenda on a bunch of cause hunting 15 year olds. He still would've been better than "Be Yourself is all that you can do" :rolleyes:

[/angry rant]

• Advertisement

morello and co. need zach and zach needs them. Zach has done some very alright stuff in the last few years. His only real release has been "We want it all" on the Farnheight 911 album. I wouldn't buy it just to hear it though it's not very good. Trent Reznor produced and possibly played music for the track. it's deffinately let down by the music in it though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

--Kaiser-- wrote:
    I hate that guy!
    The other guys in the band should find a new singer....what's Zach De La Rocha doing these days?

He still doing the whole "I can't sing" thing.

Cornell pisses over him tbh. Outshined was played recently, and Cornell still sounds like he did with SG.

Giblet wrote:
    He still doing the whole "I can't sing" thing..
    When has he tried to sing or called himself a singer?
    Giblet wrote:
    Cornell pisses over him tbh. .
    No, No, No, No, No. Not at all. Cornell is the weakest link in Audioslave by far. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. I think he's great on the first Audioslave album but live he's not that good IMO. More recentley: "Be Yourself is all that you can DOooooo" utter ****e. Zach is one of the best frontmen of all time. I guess Cornell is too but I think Zach is far better. .
    Giblet wrote:
    Outshined was played recently, and Cornell still sounds like he did with SG.
    Why wouln't he? Yea, I've heard the Soundgarden covers by Audioslave. They sound real good. Wait til you hear Morello's solo in Spoonman. THe Rage Stuff is class, The crowd is usually way louder than Chris which is probably a good thing, especially in the verses of Sleep Now In The Fire, from what I could hear he sounds pretty lame.

Anyway, enough bitching. I sounds like I hate the guy. I don't

Giblet wrote:
    Outshined was played recently, and Cornell still sounds like he did with SG.

Really? Must be the whole mellow RATM thing that makes him sound like he's missing a lung. I didn't know they covered SG stuff. That's nearly a reason to go see them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭open_book

think the new singles muck, very boring run of the mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

RATM were good. Audioslave... boring. I haven't heard the new single.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

PiE wrote:
    Listen to 'Your Time Has Come' and then listen to 'Bad Seed' by Metallica.

Whoops.

haha yeah the verse riff is the same as the intro to bad seed, nicely spotted :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Dont like new single at all although Your Time Has Come is ok.

I am a huge Cornell fan especially his solo stuff, I loved the stuff he did with Eleven.
    I would not say he is the weak link in Audioslave but I also feel he doesnt sit quite right there.

I love the debut album just hope the rest of the new album is better that what we have heard already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I like ‘Be Yourself’ very much now, I wasn't to sure when I first heard it but its grown and grown on me and the album should be kick-ass.

Cornell is a legend & to hell with anyone who says otherwise mad:

Can’t wait to see them at Witness, Morello in particular.

• Advertisement

http://www.myspace.com/audioslave you can now listen to the whole album here. some sites have the mp3s for download apparently but I can't find them, please post a link if anyone finds them

Advertisement