Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honour ranking

Options
  • 29-04-2005 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

In work till late-ish today so cant check the bloody thing.

Anyone wanna post their ranks so that I can get a rough idea of how many kills i need to be ranked?

HK:
    CP:
    (ill fill in when i get home - bound to be pathetically small)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Where do you check?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Go into your character sheet (C), there is an honour tab there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I've seen that it only tells me how many kills no points pour moi :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

Can't remember exactly how many kills but around 60. Rank : Sergeant. I'm lvl 60 and most of my kills where lvl 55-60 and playing solo. I didn't take part in the joke that was tarren mill and it seems that the people that did got no great benefit from it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I've clocked over 100 Honourable Kills but I have no rank.

• Advertisement

i've seen lots of players with no rank. Maybe there's a treshold you've to cross before you earn a rank. Where you in a raid group when counting up the 100 kills?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'd say about 60 were done in a raid and I clocked up 40+ on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

posting how many HKs you got without the CP's awarded is kinda pointless.

However, im astonished that 60 HK got you a seargeant rank joe. What server are you and was that a typo?

Not a typo. I'm on zenedar server which is highly populated although I've never had to queue to get on. Server migrations taking place on the server though.

I just checked the info there and its 54 HK with 3305 honour points. My standing is 145(not sure exactly what this is). Yesterday I had 10 HK which gave me 633 honour points. I'm clueless as to how it's all worked out

From what I see here you are a lot better off killing alliance alone. Also your level affects rank so maybe that's how I'm on sergeant with relatively few HKS. If you head to tarren mill and join a raid group you can easily rack up a huge HK tally but in reality you are not earning a whole lot of contribution points. In a 10 man raid group kill an opposing player and that players value is say 180 you only get 18 contribution points whereas if you do this solo in say winterspring you get all points.
    A solo level 60 killing a level 60 enemy: worth approximately 166 points if they're rank 1 (although within a few weeks many level 60s will be rank 3 or higher, in which case the value would be about 190 or more).

A solo level 60 killing a level 48 enemy: worth approximately 20 points.

This means that you'll need to kill 8 level 48 players (assuming no repeat kills) compared to 1 level 60, if you are level 60

Good stuff, I sorta thought that id get more cp's for solo/duo HK's so thats what i did most of. I didnt bother with zerg raiding apart from the first night.

With a bit of luck i get enough cp's for a trinket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

HK: 622
    CP: 7164
    Standing (Deathwing server - Horde): 87

Did the Tarren Mill thing one night, but that didn't amount to much in the way of points (but a lot of HKs). The rest are just random lvl55-60 kills in the Plaguelands areas.

<- lvl55 UD Mage

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

mm Im a lil old grunt.
    Got like 110 kills from the tarren mills battles (all the pvp ive seen tbh, stupid pve server)
    CP: not sure forgot to check exactly, low hundreds tho.
    Standing 173rd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

The anti-stun trinket doesn't work btw. It says that you can't use it cos yer stunned

got corporal :)

ive found the stun trinket works on everything so far. Having said that i havent come across a rogue yet (or even duelled one) so it may be useless sicne thats all i want it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

I've only killed 17 guys yet it says 3* private,some people on bladefist says it takes hubdreds of kills to get scout rank?How is it worked out..wow page makes no sense to me.(not that it really matters at lvl 34 )

The general idea from what i make out is the higher the level the easier it is to rank. Also you need to be killing solo or in pairs maybe. The higher the level you kill, the more points you will get so its kind of pointless hunting lvl 48s for easy kills when you're lvl 60, when you could be killing lvl 60s and getting 8 or 9 times the points.

Hundreds of kills to get scout perhaps if you are lets say lvl 50. I think the lowest level sergeant i've seen so far on zenedar server is 52. It would be a lot more difficult for a lvl 52 to reach sergeant rank than it would be for a lvl 60.

The ranking system rewards the higher level players more so than the lower levels

Advertisement