Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recieved e-mail from smart

• 29-04-2005 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I recieved an e-mail from smart saying there was a delay and they won't be ready until the 9th of May but what confused me was it said i was able to order. I don't know what it means when it says order.
    I know there are probably a lot of topics about this but i just want a quick answer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

anyone can order, but it wont be able to be installed until at least May 9th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I ordered, got an email saying it'd be delayed until late May.

Also asked for my home phone number, something they already have!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Do you expect them to go searching through their database for your registered email address?

Its a phone number, its not gonna kill you to type it in.

sheesh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

TimTim wrote:
    Do you expect them to go searching through their database for your registered email address?

Its a phone number, its not gonna kill you to type it in.

sheesh.

If you check your number it will say it is working but I also recieved an e-mail to say it isn't and won't be untill the 9th May. Otherwise I would agree but the usual reality verses what actually is going on kicks in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

test is saying your exchanged is on the roll-out list
    email is saying that your exchange will be started on May 9th

Nowehere is it stating whether your number will or will not work.
    They need to do the line test first ( which is done after your order, and cancellation of any existing BB, and once the exchange is enabled lol )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

cman wrote:
    I recieved an e-mail from smart saying there was a delay and they won't be ready until the 9th of May but what confused me was it said i was able to order. I don't know what it means when it says order.
    I know there are probably a lot of topics about this but i just want a quick answer
    I got the same mail re Santry. what exchange are you on cman? The May 9th date seems to be the date of thier next big push. A bit strange that a number of exchanges are all delayed to the same date. I am sure there is some benefit in a number of them going live together.. I was wondering re the date given is this when they start connecting customers or does the exchane go live & only ready for testing?? I posted this question to Garfield on another thread better go look & see if Garfield replied.... i'll let you know!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 cman

beller b wrote:
    I got the same mail re Santry. what exchange are you on cman? The May 9th date seems to be the date of thier next big push. A bit strange that a number of exchanges are all delayed to the same date. I am sure there is some benefit in a number of them going live together.. I was wondering re the date given is this when they start connecting customers or does the exchane go live & only ready for testing?? I posted this question to Garfield on another thread better go look & see if Garfield replied.... i'll let you know!!

I'm in the coolock exchange bellar. I think Smart start connecting customers on the 9th of May.

cman wrote:
    I'm in the coolock exchange bellar. I think Smart start connecting customers on the 9th of May.
    Close enough to each other.. If we were to be connected that week of the 9th we should be getting modems any day now . From reading other posts it takes about 10 days after you recieve the modem.. It's killing me paying EirCON for pay as you go dial up!!!

Well Here we are May 9th any of you guys heard any more from Smart?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 torrid

9th May rollout is another lie... (At least for Coolock exchange)

I spoke to a Smart CSR last Thursday. Shockinlgy he called me back after an email I sent to them on same day (21st April) the email issued to all in relation to "slight delays in your exchange however we will be ready to take your order from the 9th of May 2005". My email questioned how smart's position could have changed from that outlined in previous email I jad received from 14th April: "The installation period for the Coolock is March/April. The smart telecom equipment has now been installed in the exchange" seeing as the content of the 2nd mail made the content of the other a lie.

Anyway the SmartGuy (misnomer) grovelled, blamed the inexperience of the smart team, the pressure they are under etc., accepted that their staff saying "smart telecom equipment has now been installed in the exchange" was a lie and reluctantly admitted that there are now even further delays meaning 9th May is no longer viable. He couldn't say how long after the 9th they will in a position to contact their customers. The be "ready to take your order" line is misleading as whenever they are ready to take your order will still be "most likely a minimum of 2.5 weeks" (his words) before you are connected.

• Advertisement

Thier lies are getting a bit much at this stage.. Where is Garfield ? & what does he have to Say? He was the one reliable source we had..

Advertisement