Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This Weekends eircom League Action

• 29-04-2005 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Friday
    Waterford United v St. Patrick’s Athletic
    Drogheda United v Bohemians
    Shamrock Rovers v Cork City
    U.C.D. v Derry City
    Shelbourne v Bray Wanderers

Saturday
    Finn Harps v Longford Town

Well, with onloan Shels striker Ger Rowe on some kind of form for St Pats, they might well get a good result down in the RSC, but I'll go for the draw.

Bohs picked up three points last weekend, but thanks to an o.g, and it is a long, long time since one of their own players scored a goal. Drogs will challenge for the title this season, and should beat Bohs tonight, to keep that challenge on track.

I expect Cork to easliy dispatch of Rovers, but Shoddy's men might do Shels a favour, hopefully anyway.

Derry slipped up last week, and UCD are putting some good displays. If Derry can get it together, then they should win, but again, I'll say a draw.

Shels are starting to perform like they should be, but with Monday's Setanta cup game coming up there could be some squad rotation for the Bray game tonight. Jason Byrne to score against his old club? I'll go for a Shels win, of course.

Finn Harps have been playing well, but notbgetting results to match, tomorrow could see a change in fortune for them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Shels will play full strenght today. I agree with Fenlon there, we should be capable pf playing on a friday and than on a monday espically with no travel involved. If anyone gets injured we have players who can replace them who are also excellent players. Not many teams in this league have quality like Dean Delaney, Jamie Harris, Jim Crawford, Alan Moore, one of Baker or Ryan, Cawley, O'Neill and Glen Fitzpatrick as back up players. If we play at our best and play like we did against Pats, Portadown and for bits against Waterford than it should be a win for us, and hopefully Crowe to get off the mark and then be confident and on form going into mondays crunch match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Great result for Bohs tonight. Our first of the season tbh.

Drogs have undoubtedly been better away than at home so far but a 2-2 result is a welcome point for us considering our opposition tonight will prob finish 3rd this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Crap was hoping for 0-0 1 point out these 2 away games would have been a decent haul.

Hopefully "home" Cork turn up next week and we get somfin from the game, if "way" cork turn up we fcuked.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Its certainly looking like already its between Shels and Cork. The rest of the teams really seem to be out of their depth. The eL is turning into the Scottish league all of a sudden with 2 teams dominating the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

When was last time there was more than 2 teams in any league playing for title?

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

KdjaC wrote:
    When was last time there was more than 2 teams in any league playing for title?

kdjac

In fairness last year was pretty tight between the top 3. I can't remember exactly but I think it was mathematically possible for any of the top3 to have won right up to the 2nd last game.

2000-01 was pretty close, 94-95 only had 2pts between 1st and 3rd, 92-93 top 3 all finished on exactly the same pts and it had to goto a play off....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Drogheda will come good eventually, they need another striker, get one in the window and they'll be a force. And they have the money to do that.

Advertisement