Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Business Plus or Enhanced ?

• 29-04-2005 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondernig if anyone who's got Eircom's Business Plus (3Mbit service) or Eircom's Business Enhanced (4Mbit) service would be able to let me know what they think if the service - happy with it, is it consistent with what you were expecting from the service, what type of download/upload speeds do you get, does it deteriorate rapidly at certain times for you during the day etc..? I'm planning to upgrade to some sort of 3Mbit or 4Mbit service not sure which yet & would value anyone's input please. I'm based in Celbridge so think I'm limited to Eircom or BT via a landline but would welcome feedback from anyone who uses these type of services etc..

I'm currently using BT BB PLus 2Mbit & seem to regularly lose a lot of bandwidth for a few hours during evening times so I'm hoping by going for either a 3Mbit or 4Mbit that I'd still get good bandwidth even allowing for some contention issues/bandwidth loss etc..

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Ive had the bus plus package(3mb now) now for almost a year and a half. I must say it is a rock solid connection. Cant remember any disconnects ever, and longest down time was for about an hour and that only happened once. Must say im very happy with Eircom dsl.

On http://www.irishisptest.com/ i get dl 2.7mbps ul 210kbps

On another note, took me 8 weeks to get the 1st line installed. I moved and and took another 7 weeks to get the new one going. i must say Eircom are horrible when it comes to this sort of service, forget about trying to get a straight answer from the phone muppets, but as far as the actual dsl connection, I could not be happier(except of course the outrageous price!)

☀️ 7.6kWp ⚡3.4kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Eircoms dsl lines are fast and reliable. If I were you I'd go for the 3m/bit line as I've found most sites won't give you download speeds much over that anyway. We have 4m/bit here. Eircom are expensive though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Praetorian wrote:
    Eircoms dsl lines are fast and reliable.

I hate actually saying it but it is true. Once you do actually get Eircom installed their lines are rock solid with full download speeds and decent pings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Just wanted to say thanks to all for taking the time to provide me with some feedback - really appreciate it. It has been most helpful. I reckon I'll go for the Business Plus 3Mbit option so :)

Its a great forum overall & obviously (from reading through the various posts) has many knowledgeable & willing/helpful contributors among its registered userbase.

Cheers Guys ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

I have the 3 Mbit line from Eircom and it's super; Only problems I ever had was a week of so of slow speeds after the upgrades and a weeks downtime about 2 years ago but it's rock solid 2.7Mbs from the ISP test. It is more expensive than the other providers but I would prefer quality over cost anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement