Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RADSL down on Crown Alley exchange- anyone else?

• 29-04-2005 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

I've just had UTV clicksilver connected at a new place on pearse st (side note: this took about 3 weeks for eircom/utv to set up, how insanely slow). I've a wireless router/modem i've previously been using with clicksilver so all the settings are correct.

Monday the modem 'sees' DSL on the line, but can't connect. Tuesday it starts connecting for the first time (ie UTV have enabled the account), and we all use the internet happily until Thurs morning for no reason, the connection will no longer work. The modem can still see DSL, but can't connect even with UTV's test account and their test account on IOLBB. So it looks like there's some messup at the exchange level, or something.

So basically, is anyone else on this exchange not able to connect?

Also anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this quickly? UTV are saying they've passed it onto Eircom and have to wait 2-3 working days for any feedback whatsoever on their query. Obviously I don't want this to stretch on for weeks after only being connected for 2 days so far. Who's ass do I kick?

Thanks in advance,
    LoBo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

in what manner does it 'see' the DSL line. is it by way of the link status light etc.
    Does it attempt to connect but cannot authenticate, what sort of error is it.

My thinking is that either the VPI/VC settings are incorrect ( should be 35/8 i think ) your encapsulation is wrong ( should be PPPoE, or even PPPoA if you are adventurous ) or else, some dude in eircom has accidently crapped on your connection by disabling it, moving it, or breaking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

'see' the DSL as in the status light is on, in the first two weeks of waiting for the connection this was off.

VPI/VC and PPPoE are all correct (it was working for 2 days with the same settings), and I've gone through same w/ UTV support.

Yeah I'm thinkin some dude in eircom enabled someone else in the building by unplugging us first :) but.. how do I get them to fix it before the long weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

yeah, well, the line is definitely active etc. but it just cannot authenticate or login, so something screwy has happened to the bitstream or similar, ie. most likely a virtual, or path problem, since your physical connections are ok.

Probably eircom doing an upgrade from Windows 3.1 to Windows 95 LOL

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Try changing to PPPoA with VC Multiplexing encapsulation, see if it makes a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Odds are if you are linked to the DSL but can't auth the ISP's RADIUS (I think) server is down. Give em a call and see what the story is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement