Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retrieving numbers from blocked Sim Card?

Options
  • 29-04-2005 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭

I recently changed over to O2 from Vodafone and I rather stupidly forgot to save my numbers from my Sim. I know, I know!! Should've saved them but I was mad busy in work and didn't get a chance!

So I was just wondering is there any way I can retrieve these numbers?

Cheers,

B.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Debbio69

if you put the old sim into sum nokia fones it will show no signal but will still display the numbers, if dat doesnt work , o2 and vodafone hav sum sim changers in their shops they mite do it for ye

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Debbio69 wrote:
    o2 and vodafone hav sum sim changers in their shops they mite do it for ye

Yeah I heard about something like that but I'm a bit apprehensive going into a vodafone shop to ask as they mightn't be too keen in helping me considering I've changed to O2. But if I knew they definitely could do it I might be tempted.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Then go into an O2 shop and them because you have changed to their network im sure they would be more than happy. Or better yet try carphone warehouse they are nutral

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

DeBeere wrote:
    Then go into an O2 shop and them because you have changed to their network im sure they would be more than happy. Or better yet try carphone warehouse they are nutral

ROFL yeah go into Carphone warehouse see what they say :)
    if you aint buying in carphone they dont wanna help you their customer service is terrible :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Find a reception blackspot and power up the phone there, or borrow one with a removeable aerial that can transfer numbers, any moto flip fone will do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

BaZmO* wrote:
    I recently changed over to O2 from Vodafone and I rather stupidly forgot to save my numbers from my Sim. I know, I know!! Should've saved them but I was mad busy in work and didn't get a chance!

So I was just wondering is there any way I can retrieve these numbers?

Cheers,

B.

try one of those sim backup yokes... i think they only backup the number....

about €5.99 in argos me thinks..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Sarge wrote:
    ROFL yeah go into Carphone warehouse see what they say :)
    if you aint buying in carphone they dont wanna help you their customer service is terrible :p

I dunno what CPW you went in to, but most of them have no problem doing stuff like that. Most of the stuff you do in phone shops isn't selling at all. Anyway yeah either use a nokia phone to copy or else a sim copier which most CPWs have.

Advertisement