Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Days To Vegas screenshots

Options
  • 29-04-2005 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Theres an article on IGN at the moment about a game called 2 Days to Vegas.

They have released some screenshots, or at least what they claim to be screenshots of the game. What do you think?

Some look like renders to me but the charater models could be real. Either way it looks pretty amazing.

Screenshots can be seen at:

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/744/744410/imgs_1.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

wowza..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Well, its a PC game were dealing with here, not a PS2, so those screenshots are very conceivably in game. A lot of games arent that far off that quality already.

That said, the picture of the sports car in the garage looks like it received some TLC to me. Everything else seemed fairly believable. Lets hope this game is more than a graphics demo, if it is, we might see what GTA would look like if it wasnt chained to the consoles limitations.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Next gen of consoles should have no trouble achieving similar results tbh.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Id be more intrested in the physics that the games can use, than the slick graphics. Obviously both would be amazing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Remove the character models, and you could almost swear the enviroments were real life photos...

Wow factor 10. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

that
    looks
    good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

well its mentiond on a xbox site, so unless for xbox2 i don't see those gfx happening....

maybe the pc version can do it but usually if games are tied ala GTA means not the best gfx on the pc...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

The next gen of consoles are almost as powerful as top end pc's. That has never happened before with console releases so i'm expecting a lot. Usually consoles don't need as much power as a pc to achieve similar results but it usually takes a year or two for developers to really start making use of the potential. Hopefully releases will look similar to those pics. If the do I might be very tempted to buy a console again.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

BloodBath wrote:
    The next gen of consoles are almost as powerful as top end pc's. That has never happened before with console releases so i'm expecting a lot. Usually consoles don't need as much power as a pc to achieve similar results but it usually takes a year or two for developers to really start making use of the potential. Hopefully releases will look similar to those pics. If the do I might be very tempted to buy a console again.

BloodBath
    this time around, well, with the ps3 anyway, developers have devkits that simulate what the ps3 is likely to achieve, so they can play around until they actually get a finished product.

i'm sure the same situation exists with nintendo (if they even have a console to release...) and microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

this time around, well, with the ps3 anyway, developers have devkits that simulate what the ps3 is likely to achieve, so they can play around until they actually get a finished product.

i'm sure the same situation exists with nintendo (if they even have a console to release...) and microsoft.

The games companies give out dev kits that should emulate their consoles and it still takes them years to refine the games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I love the IGN article: "The action is expected to take place over a 48 hour period". Great detective work there fellas.
    More usefully, it also mentioned that it's planned for the playstation 3 and X-box 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Look at the raytracing on the car, that can't be done realtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

BloodBath wrote:

No as always they are as powerfull as top end pc's now....by the time those consoles r common our pc's will have moved on imo... only unknown factor are those cell cpu's tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Anima wrote:
    Look at the raytracing on the car, that can't be done realtime.

Theres no raytracing going on there. I've been informed by a friend that that is cubemapping.

Advertisement