Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lcvp

Options
  • 29-04-2005 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭

I assume everyone doing LCVP has received their Case Study on Ballytra. So anyone have any ideas of what they could possibly ask on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

!!! WTF! what case study?
    What is a case study,
    Do you do this before the exam or something?
    I have no idea what this is, could someone explain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

Assessment of the Link Modules
    LCVP students follow the same subject syllabi and are assessed in the same way as their peers in the Leaving Certificate. For the Link Modules they are assessed by Written Examination (40%) and by Portfolio of Coursework (60%).

The structure of the Written Examination is as follows:

Section A Audio Visual Presentation
    Section B Case Study (received in advance by students)
    Section C General Questions (4 out of 6)

The Portfolio of Coursework accounts for 60% of total marks. Students assemble the portfolio over the two years of the programme and it is assessed at the end of the final year of the Leaving Certificate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lestats_bride

Yeah our teacher gave us a list of could-be's.I'll have to look for them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Paragraph 1: Opportunities + Community Development

PAragraph 2: SWOT

PAragraph 3: Challenged setting up a business

STUDY FROM THE BUSINESS ONLINE BOOK:

Chapter 4
    pg 114-115 (SWOT Analysis)
    pg212
    chapter 15
    pg 282
    chapter 16 (brief look)
    pg 226,339,387,351 (ebterprise Ireland)

I just did 4/5 portfolio items last saturday night. Took me all of 2 1/2 hours. My teacher said they were really good. We just spent the last 2 years dossing and chatting in LCVP class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lestats_bride

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    I just did 4/5 portfolio items last saturday night. Took me all of 2 1/2 hours. My teacher said they were really good. We just spent the last 2 years dossing and chatting in LCVP class.

Yeah same here.We didnt actually have a proper teacher until this year. Last year we had a little old lady who walked in in September and said "Up until last week I didn't even know there was a subject called L...L...LVP?...LCVP!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 yowsaa

By ne chance does ne 1 know ne thing online that has ne notes 4 L.C.V.P , exams 2mo n we dnt hav books! :eek:

I'm browsing some links off http://lcvp.slss.ie/links.html right now, but I actually need some info on the case study. I'm fecked I think. I'll prob just get the 50 points for this, come september. **Last year only 1 person got 70 in lcvp in my school. How about ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

After all this work doing bloody projects and everything I will kill if I dont get a Distinction!

Well, very few people actually get that distinction. Like I said, out of a LCVP class of 100, only 1 girl got it last year, in my school.

*or does that just mean that our LCVP teachers are bad? :D

• Advertisement

Well exam over :D:D. How'd everyone do? The audio/visual was fine for me, and everything else was grand too. I really hope I got my distinction!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

yea part one and two were fine, but i found myself caught for time for the last four questions i had only an hour, i wrote a good bit, but did not have time to look over it.

Was anyone else caught for time
    Lc is coming up soon, thats another thing out of the way, Construction studies practical, orals and now lcvp. good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 yowsaa

im pretty sure about 6 ppl from my school got distinctions last year! did ne 1 do question 6 it was about an enterprise or voluntary organisation, i said tidy towns! cus i cud think of nothing is that wrong ? :confused:

We were asked about local voluntary orgs too so i said SAG, and couldnt think of another one so I made up the "Local Litter Community" :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 **katie**

No, Tidy Towns should be Ok I mean they said an oraganisation of your choice right? I did Vincent de Paul cos we had a speaker from them a few weeks ago. I thought it was quite easy compared to other years! Especially the video sequence...or maybe it's just because I actually paid attention to it today!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

yea prolly attention. All the questions from other years a similar, in an exam situation ur just gona bull**** and you'll think it's a good anwser. But to do it for homework ya won't bother an think it's hard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Did anyone take my advice?

I found it a piece of piss

Advertisement