Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Which anti-virus software?

• 29-04-2005 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭

I am currently using Norton 2004 and its out of date next month. I was just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on this. I haven't had an probs with it so I am thinking of just getting the 2005 version.

Anybody feel there are better anti-virus out there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

there is a poll fo rthis question would suggest looking at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Gilgamesh wrote:
    there is a poll fo rthis question would suggest looking at it.

Ooops, didn't see that!

Its interesting that people went for AVG. It would be interesting to see how many people would think it was good if you had to pay for it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Check the stickies on comp and here

and don't bother getting AV update unless you also have a firewall (XP machines have been taken over within 30 seconds of connecting to the internet) , script blocker and antispyware software too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭lau1247

when I bought my laptop,
    the AV that comes with it was Avast!..
    It's free
    easy to use
    updates like every 2 days or so
    so far whenever I stumble on virus scripted page when I go look for free mp3, it has always tell me..

So I think this is pretty reliable to use..
    Did I mention it's free??

It's free as long as it's not for commercial use..
    Which I'm presuming most people in this forum is a home user..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭scion

Try Eset NOD32 its a really good antivirus which runs using only 1.6MB RAM compared with Nortons crazy 30MB+

Here's the main site...
    http://www.nod32.com/home/home.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah nod32 is the one i use and it's the best i've seen well ever

Advertisement