Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

washing your aquarium

Options
  • 29-04-2005 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

what should i use to wash out my aquarium before i use it for the first time :confused: would rock salt do the job

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I think that you can get aquarium cleaner but to be honest as long as the aquarium is new a good rinsing with fresh water and a cloth is probably enough to do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭boroughmal

You have been well advised to use salt. Any salt.
    Just leave it on in a thick soloution with a paint brush, make sure you get into all those nooks & crannies around the filter. Leave it overnight.
    Whatever germs or bacteria that was in it will have gone elsewhere by then. scub thoroughly with a hose & clean water. This will have more germs in it than your tank by then
    www.fishkeepingsupplies.com
    Aquarium and Fish Supply Tropical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭tom thumb

:D thanks

Advertisement