Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basketball Courts in Galway

Options
  • 29-04-2005 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi, i was just wondering if anyone knows of any public basketball courts in the city area? I've been lookin around and i havent found much! I heard there was a good court in St. Mary's school in salthill!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

you're in the worst country in the world for communal basketball courts. in my town we have seven schools, six with 2 or more courts each. of the six, only two have courts you could actually play on. the convent is a crap gravel surface and the markings are gone, but the boards were average til vandals ripped them up. we have two courts at the community school, top class, but for how long?
    we also have the biggest and best gym in meath, electronic scoreboard, shotclock and baskets that lower out of the ceiling. do you think you can use it outside of school hours or club training times? not a hope. town hall and convent gym are the exact same.
    sorry, that's just my rant on how crap our country is. spain, france, britain, germany, italy, anywhere else in the world, including argentina and china with the help of yao and manu, have courts you can play on at any time. :mad:

Advertisement