Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please Check Out My Site....

• 29-04-2005 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

After trying to use some initutive and put out a blatent self advert "check out this cracking irish dj" which was purley to catch peoples eye, (I did that allright) ive decided to post under my proper name, please dont turn this into a thread about how one is to promote ones self. All i am seeking is for people to check out my site when they have the time and mabey download some music and give me some feedback.. Im all up for constructive critisism but some posts were pretty ****ty.

The site that has been causing all the controversy is www.djrichieparker.com

Music on the site

PRODUCTIONS: These are tracks that ive put together using the latest versions of sound forge and acid, audigy sound blaster sound card, yamaha djx keyboard and a korg xd50 synth, all these tracks are original, NO RIP OFF OF OTHER TRACKS which was sujjested by another user, it mentions on the site that these tracks will be released by end of 05, i will be releasing them myself off my own back, only have the funds to distribute 500 copies in eire for the mo, the webdesigner made a mistake when he said "album" it should have been "e.p", the four tracks on the site are my best work in which i am only confident to push forward.

MILENIUM MIXES: which are to describe the stuff im into the last year or so, the house set is a mixture of us sneak style boompty house, the techno set is mr rush jacking vibe, the sets are ages old as there was loads of problems getting them to download, i will be updating the mixes soon...

NOSTALGIA; im mad into classic trax and the aim behind the mixes is to remind people of the music gone, people seem to concentrate on the current which is fine, but i think we have past an era where dance music will never be created as original and vibrant, hopefully with the change in the sceene music will go back to its roots, the hard house mix is a tribute to TONY DE VIT'S productions, i love tonys music a lot, i hope ive done him some justice with this mix, which is an hour long (all other sets are 30 mins due to download time etc), the tony de vit mix is in my opinion the best mix i have ever put together..

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and hopefully you can get to the site at some stage..

Keep the faith..
    Regards
    Rich

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Didnt get a chance to listen to any of your stuff yet but I say fair f*cks to ya for pushing and promoting yourself like this. I have played decks for over 10 years and never sent a demo anywhere so I envy your determination. The DJ/producing scene from what I hear these days is certainly a very tough area to break so the very best of luck in doing it.

Will let you know when I have had a listen.

BTW, is the relief track thats visible in a few shots Green Velvet - Flash?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Riche I see you're looking for a transmitter. you have any experance in setting up a station?
    Where abouts you plannin on transmitting the waves?
    I may know someone with one for sale, but might be strong than your two mile rad request

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭DJ RichieParker

its grand playing away in your bedroom, i did it for years (and still do) but there comes a time when you get sick of showing your ma or moth the way you can pull off a cracking mix after dragging her away from watching cornation street, take the plunge do up a cd, record it on md first if you dont have a p.c to record into but then get someone to put it onto cd, your better off going to clubs and passing them to people directly, (club managers etc) the post can be dodgy, if its in person then you can squash the wondering thought of "i wonder did they get it today"..

WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOOSE..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Here's some feedback - I hope you find it useful.

Listening to your House nostalgia mix; not a bad few tunes, and I like the sample idea for those on slower connections. However, I'd have to point out that the mix from track 1 (name escapes my memory at present) into Ce Ce Peniston is harsh as the melodies clash. The mix at the end is much better, although personnally I'd ease off on the effects...I know it's tempting to give a little more imput but always better to err on the side of caution in my mind.

Nostalgia Trace Mix: Very much like the tune selections; Delerium is always a great one to start with given the 12" buildup (and saves you mixing it"). Again, I'd say there's no need to add Greece 2000 in the middle of Chicane; much better off mixing it in properly in the end...although watch out for overdoing the treble (I'm listening to this on quality headphones) and always the overlapping melodies; same again for Nalin & Kane coming in...of course none of this would matter if it was live, but you did ask for criticism! :D Actually I like the way Nalin & Kane comes in; works nicely. But same problem of clashing melodies going into Sasha; no need to mix in such a quality track and then take it out again! Much better off doing it from scratch at the end and let it slowly take over. Again the treble is hurting a little, maybe if you killed a little more of the mids of the outgoing track you wouldn't need the treble so high. But again, great tune to end it on...you could even let it run out at full volume (at least I think so...havn't got my decks with me so can't check!).

Site wise, these are a few small tips:
    All your pages seem to be lacking a title. If you can't change the HTML code yourself fair enough - but all it would take is finding the 3rd line down and changing
    <title> No title</title>
    to
    <title>DJ Richie Parker</title> and so on.

Also, I'd get rid of the animated gif of the skeleton - no need and makes the site tackier. The gallery photos are fairly nice so don't go taking away from that!

Finally, I'd get rid of the scrolling banner at the top of your site and at least put it at the bottom of page; or else just replace it with a nice static credit at the bottom. Refer to the bottom of this page for an example. CAPS WISE your better off typing like a normal, calm person...And watch out for the font settings - they change!

All of the above can be done within notepad and by saving the files as .html not .txt.

I'm not trying to take apart your efforts just for the sake of it. I admire the fact you've got yourself a career and arn't playing sh!te for the sake of it.

Good luck!

cheers,
    well look i never want any of the mixes to sound like some ministery of sound compilation mixed by a p.c, well as regards mixing into the middle of tracks etc, i like to give an idea of what is comming next, i also think it so boring just leaving a track play to the end then just mix out of it, pretty easy, obiviously you cant make remixes of the tunes and have the melodies the same pitch and same notes so they are going to clash, its the idea people get of what is comming next etc, yes they are classics and mabey should be left alone but im sure you can get them nakedly mixed on some ministery of sound compilation, just tryna break the boundaries that dj's get stuck in..

As regards the look of the site etc, i couldnt give a feck if it was just a white page once the music is on there, ya know.

Thanks for the comments

• Advertisement

its grand playing away in your bedroom, i did it for years (and still do) but there comes a time when you get sick of showing your ma or moth the way you can pull off a cracking mix after dragging her away from watching cornation street, take the plunge do up a cd, record it on md first if you dont have a p.c to record into but then get someone to put it onto cd, your better off going to clubs and passing them to people directly, (club managers etc) the post can be dodgy, if its in person then you can squash the wondering thought of "i wonder did they get it today"..

WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOOSE..

To be honest I can barely find the time anymore to even think about putting together mixes. I tend to just play for a while and buzz about on the decks. I have played parties over the years but never pushed it any further. I did several mixes on tape years ago but always felt that one little bit may not have been right so did nothing with it. Have all the equipment such as CDR etc but as I say dont really have the time! Besides, I dont buy any current stuff anymore, just tend to collect classics so doubt that would be of great interest anywhere! Last time I played was the New Years Eve before last and that was a six hour set at a party, loved doing that.

cheers,
    well look i never want any of the mixes to sound like some ministery of sound compilation mixed by a p.c, well as regards mixing into the middle of tracks etc, i like to give an idea of what is comming next, i also think it so boring just leaving a track play to the end then just mix out of it, pretty easy, obiviously you cant make remixes of the tunes and have the melodies the same pitch and same notes so they are going to clash, its the idea people get of what is comming next etc, yes they are classics and mabey should be left alone but im sure you can get them nakedly mixed on some ministery of sound compilation, just tryna break the boundaries that dj's get stuck in..

As regards the look of the site etc, i couldnt give a feck if it was just a white page once the music is on there, ya know.

Thanks for the comments

Fair enough. I'd differ from you on both counts though.

Mixing in key is hardly something reserved for MoS compilations and a sound technician.
    Also, the site is your means to sell yourself online...why sell yourself short? If you I'd wanted to be taken as professional as possible I'd make sure all aspects of were top-notch.

Each to their own I guess.

Bri wrote:
    Fair enough. I'd differ from you on both counts though.

Mixing in key is hardly something reserved for MoS compilations and a sound technician.
    Also, the site is your means to sell yourself online...why sell yourself short? If you I'd wanted to be taken as professional as possible I'd make sure all aspects of were top-notch.

Each to their own I guess.

I duno what you mean by mixing in key, unless your mixing a record with a synthesiser, you would be very lucky to have the octaves from two diferent sounds of two diferent records the same, what i meant by minestry of sound compilations is that i aint gona just mix at the very end of each toon, its boring and no real work in it or creativity. Mabey when you get a set of decks you can show me what you mean..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Marx

Mixing in key means organising your records into minors and major's.

If you decide to do it you've gotta remember that if you pitch up the track that the key will change.

Marx that does just not apply to records, do you play records yourself and sort all your toons into major and minors, i can see dave clarke doing that allright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Parker has also completed a broadcasting traineeship with a view to presenting his own dance music on the airwaves. The Program will showcase dance music over the last 20 years, bringing in top dj's as well as some local talent to do guest sets. The show will also be a forum for young people.

Whens the program on? what station? OR is it happening? Best of leaving it out unless it actually happening.

Also you should have all the biograhpy stuff next to the index stuff at the side, same with the gallery section.

Having an index just at the sie, then a big black space then the contents below it is pointless, and doesnt look very well.

the show was to be on the local radio station in kilkenny but they pulled it so i run a pirate station in kilkenny,

As regards the site all you have to do is ajust the screen resolution bigger and it all fits nice

any comments on the music or are you a website critic??

give the freqency of the station then.

still d/l the music, so gonna have to wait a bit longer!

If i did that i may as well just ring the broadcasting commision of ireland and ask them to go easy on me when they catch me..

I know what your saying though chucky..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Marx that does just not apply to records, do you play records yourself and sort all your toons into major and minors, i can see dave clarke doing that allright
    yeah. dave clarke's box is chock full of melody driven records...

tman wrote:
    yeah. dave clarke's box is chock full of melody driven records...

Thats not the point tman, its the thing about sorting toons into minors and majors, that is the biggest load of nonsense ive ever heard, of course dave clarke has loads of melody driven records but i bet he doesnt sit back stage sorting them into majors and minors, id be suprised if he even knows which record he puts on next as he mixes so quickly etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

erm... my point was that dave clarke would have sweet **** all melody driven tunes.
    someone like tiesto would be a better example of a dj who mixes by key.
    clarke pretty much just slaps anything into the mix

Ok well i bet even tiesto doesnt sort records out into majors and minors, not a fecking hope..

i know what your saying now about clarke..

but anyway i bet even tiesto's mixes aint in key, they will sound like they fit well but i bet that the octaves are not the same and if they are that he did not plan it, Listen right, lets say tiesto started a set at 125bpms at the end of the set it is going to have fluctuated up or down, so there is no way two tracks in the middle of the set are going to be on key dya know what im saying

Fair play to that other bloke who was tryna tell me how to mix in key ,i can just imajine him doing a set with a pitch fork in his hand..

Ok well i bet even tiesto doesnt sort records out into majors and minors, not a fecking hope..
    but anyway i bet even tiesto's mixes aint in key, they will sound like they fit well but i bet that the octaves are not the same and if they are that he did not plan it, Listen right, lets say tiesto started a set at 125bpms at the end of the set it is going to have fluctuated up or down, so there is no way two tracks in the middle of the set are going to be on key dya know what im saying
    Fair play to that other bloke who was tryna tell me how to mix in key ,i can just imajine him doing a set with a pitch fork in his hand..

Your very sure of yourself. Have a read below. Also I'm not sure why your comparing octaves and fluctuating bpm. Do you think a slow and fast song can't be in harmony? An octave is an interval of 8 notes.

Anthony Pappa on learning to mix in key...
    If you really want to progress your mixing to the next level, then learning to mix in key is the obvious next step. If you listen to a DJ in a club, or on a mix CD, it’s this that makes the difference between a mix that’s merely okay, and a mix that makes you sit back and say “wow, that’s amazing”.

But what is mixing in key, exactly? Basically, it’s the art of choosing your records so that not only do the beats match up, but the musical elements are in harmony also. All records are in a certain key, whether it’s A, C, G or whatever, and there are certain other keys that will go with those keys and others that won’t. So mixing in key is all about knowing which is which! It’s not, I should point out right now, about only playing records that are in the same key all night: do that and you’d soon find you had a pretty narrow repertoire to choose from!

The way round it is this. When you’re making music on a keyboard, if you play a chord, you get three notes around the one key. So when you have a three-note chord, that gives you the three options: the key and two other keys you can mix with that one key that will all work. And then you start getting harmonies, basically, and that’s how you start playing other records that are in harmony, without necessarily staying in the same key.

The first thing you have to do, though, is work out what key a record is in in the first place. And that’s not something I can really tell you how to do now: you need to know a little bit about making music before you’ll get this one! So while I, for instance, can’t actually play the piano, I do know what notes make up what chords, and that gives you the keys you can work with. So for instance, G minor will mix with G, C and D minor, and the relative major would be B flat.

Not that I’m a geek but…
    What I personally do is mark my records with a label saying what key they’re in. I’ve got over 20,000 records at home, and each and every one of them is marked with both the key it’s in, and the BPMs. That way, my brain is freed to work creatively in the mix: I’m not scrabbling about in my box thinking, will this go with this? Now to be honest, knowing what will go with what is something that most DJs pick up instinctively over time anyway, but there’s two advantages to using this method. Firstly, it’s fool-proof: it takes all the guesswork out of it. If you think two things will go together and they don’t, and you’re playing in a club, then it’s already too late: half the club has already turned round and gone, ‘eurgh’. So doing it this way is safer.
    Secondly, I don’t get a lot of time to practise between gigs at home: I’m playing four or five nights a week, and I’m getting sent new records every day. So keying my records is a good guide for me to play a live set without any practice, but still sound as professional as possible. It means I can mix together two records I’ve only heard a couple of times, and still be sure I’m not going to end up with horribly clashing basslines!

The other thing you have to bear in mind if you’re going to try this is that using the pitch control will of course affect what key the record is in. I’m not quite sure of the mathematics of it all, but as a rule of thumb, each time you raise or lower the pitch by 4 or 4.5 per cent, you’ll raise or lower the key by a semitone. So a record that’s in the key of G when played at the zero, ‘green light’ position, will be in the key of A flat if you pitch it up to plus four.

Mixing in key does seem to be particularly popular among the progressive house fraternity, admittedly, but it’s a skill that can be applied to all genres of music. After all, there are very few records that consist entirely of drumbeats! For instance, I’ve got plenty of drum & bass records that have some lovely warm pads and swirling synths: work out what key those are in and you can pull off some fantastic mixes. You know when you hear these mix CDs and you think, that goes so well, how does he do it? Well, now you know the answer!
    http://www.i-dj.co.uk/technique/techniquepage.php?ID=16

Even if your average DJ doesn't go half as far as this, you can be damn sure the good ones don't simply pile on tracks with similar BPMs and think no more about it.

Also, I'm confused as to why not give out the frequency? radiowaves.fm contains a whole range of pirate frequencies; doesn't mean the BCI are gonna track them down that way. At that rate they could just scan their basic hi-fi. Am I missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

Telling you how to mix in key, is a polite way of saying your tunes clash, nobody sorts out their records into minors or majors, but use their ears and general understanding of sounds and how they work together before deciding what track to throw on next. (Particularly with melody driven music)

• Advertisement

If i did that i may as well just ring the broadcasting commision of ireland and ask them to go easy on me when they catch me..

I know what your saying though chucky..

not really.

you dont think the broadcasting commission find out about pirate stations by just using the internet do you? Giving the fequency on your website wont make a blind bit of difference.

Hes right about the tunes clasing. It doesnt seem like you put any thought into when to bring the next track in.

not really.

you dont think the broadcasting commission find out about pirate stations by just using the internet do you? Giving the fequency on your website wont make a blind bit of difference.

Hes right about the tunes clasing. It doesnt seem like you put any thought into when to bring the next track in.

as regards the frequency i aint putting it on my site as its linking me and the frequency and the station together and that i set it up,

as regards the tunes clashing thats fine and that i didnt put any thought into the mix, your entitled to your opinion.

Im getting increasingly worried about peoples views here, i really think that just because ive gone the extra step with putting a site up and everything that people want to strip my efforts. well look ive gone 5-6 years listning to a lot of similar stuff, which is only by a minority of people like on here, the majority dont try pick holes in what you do, constructive critisism is great but guys seriously i think yee should practice what yee preach

Im getting increasingly worried about peoples views here,i really think that just because ive gone the extra step with putting a site up and everything that people want to strip my efforts. well look ive gone 5-6 years listning to a lot of similar stuff, which is only by a minority of people like on here, the majority dont try pick holes in what you do, constructive critisism is great but guys seriously i think yee should practice what yee preach

Here I go again: What exactly does the last statement actually mean?! Should I buy a domain and stick up my mixes? I'm not an aspiring DJ so I don't feel I need to give you some sort of benchmark. You asked for helpful criticism (after a rather flawed introduction) and yet you don't seem to want to take much of it onboard. I gave you plenty of feedback, not only for your music but also for your site. My main issue with you has little to do with your efforts - I comended you above - it's to do with your attitude. You seem to argue a point, and then drop it as soon as there's a diverging opinion. I see another of your posts here which may be supposed to be a joke but just comes across as yet more thoughtless self-promotion. Why exactly couldn't you just advertise your mixes in a straightforward manner? It would do wonders for your credibility.

In short, fair play to you for what you've achieved so far. You'd do well to listen to what other's objective opinions, and perhaps approach them with a view to increasing your knowledge, not simply trying defending your efforts. There's a really mixed bag of people contributing to this forum and your more than welcome to share you views and knowledge here, but in future why don't you consider how your coming across before you post.

I can only speak for myself though.

I Totally Dissagree With You Bri, You Have Done Nothing In The Way Of Any Sort Of Helpful Critisism Or Commending Me On My Efforts..

You Were One Of The First To Make A Stab At Me By Commenting On One Of My Productions Saying It Was Auful And That It Was A Rip Off Of Someone Elses Toon, What Kind Of Helpful Critisism Is That.

I Still Really Feel That There Has Only Been Comments Which Are Trying To Take From What Im Doing And In No Way Helpful..

As Regards Mixing In Key Which Im Sure You Learn A Lot From Reading In Books And Sites Although I Sujjest Getting Two Turntables Two Records And A Mixer And Learn That Way, Im Confident That I Know All My Records Inside Out And If There Was A Clash In Melodies In One Or Two Of The Mixes So What I Dont Think It Was That Bad But For You Just To Pick Up On Those Points And Any Other Negetive Items Which You And Other Members Pick Up On.

Any Yes My Post In The Best Sets On The Internett Thread Was A Joke But Of Course Bri With All The Know How Picks It Up Negative Which Is Exactly What Has Happened From The Start

So You Can Intelectualise My Efforts All Ya Want But I Still Feel You And A Small Few Are Being Unfair....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭zafa

there we have it folks

the difference between someone who can beatmatch, and someone who can mix

Thats not the point tman, its the thing about sorting toons into minors and majors, that is the biggest load of nonsense ive ever heard

yeah sure what would sasha and danny tenaglia know, theyre only 2 of the smoothest mixers on the planet

so if your the expert why dont you post up some mixes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

As Regards Mixing In Key Which Im Sure You Learn A Lot From Reading In Books And Sites Although I Sujjest Getting Two Turntables Two Records And A Mixer And Learn That Way, Im Confident That I Know All My Records Inside Out And If There Was A Clash In Melodies In One Or Two Of The Mixes So What I Dont Think It Was That Bad But For You Just To Pick Up On Those Points

If you knew them inside out there should be no clashes whatsoever.
    Most of us on here have 2 turntables and a mixer even those who don't know "how to mix". I added the " because people mix differently but even with the different mixing styles there shouldn't be any clashes of any kind, especially if you wanna make it.

My hat goes off to you for trying, it is one of the hardest businesses to get into. And you will encounter a lot of people like Bri etc in your path to the top. And there are a lot worse. He was generous and kind in his words and I see nothing wrong with what he said.

I can't comment too much on your mixes as I haven't listened to them YET. But rest assusred I will especially after this thread. Then I can give a better view on it.

thats bull ste about no clash what so ever, i suppose it depends on what you class as a clash, fair play if you can mix two toons and not get them to clash whatsoever, know the toons or not, there is going to be some sort of clash unless they are made with the exact kik, hat, bass, string etc so its to what ever degree...

I felt people have only nitpicked at the negetive items and homed in on them,
    and beleive me i know what its like tryna make it

• Advertisement

You have GOT to be kidding me? I can't believe I'm even entertaining your whining but here we go...

Firstly, I never said you ripped any of your tunes off - infact I didn't comment on them at all. That was someone else. The thread is deleted by the looks of things, but I'm confident anyone here will back me up on this. Sure Lenny even asked if I'd seen all the bitching that day that he was forced to delete, hence I didn't comment on it. Basically you've just lost the rag now because you don't like what your hearing, and all you know how to do is have a tantrum.

And secondly, why are you so ungreatful? I commended you on some of the tunes you picked, I gave you pointers for how to improve your website, I even wrote some of the code out for you. People like you make me sick. If you literally forgot the help I gave you it's right here.
    I also gave kudos for your successful career so far.

I cannot honestly believe that by this stage your still unwilling to take onboard some advice that might help you improve you DJing skills. The fact your unwilling/unable to hear how your songs clash makes me wonder. Seriously...do you think you've completely made it and are now infallible and all-knowing? As strangers you may not like our objective opinions, but you should at least respect them. If I really was the w@nker your trying to make me out as I'd correct you spelling or something. :D

And as for me buying myself a "DJ in a box pack" so I can give it a go...I've a mixer, 2 1210s, 2 Pioneeer CDJs and a Kaos effects machine, and 2 MD decks. I've never once said I was superior to you in anyway; I'm simply giving you my pointers on what I feel DJs should aspire too. Happy now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I'm listening to your trance mix now and while you can beat mix it's mainly during the tunes where you bring in your next tune that I wouldn't be too fond of.

Maybe it's different in the club you played in but if I heard that in a club I'd walk off the dance floor.

As for you saying you don't wait till the end of the tune to mix ala Ministy of sound that's rubbish, most mixes I've heard now you've left it till the end of the tune to mix out.

ALthough it may seem we are jumping down your throat you have to realise you'd get a lot worse if you were playing somewhere and had tunespotters staring at you all night right in front of you.

no bothers dude

yep unfortunately you are still talking through your hole, look intelectulaising might work on other people but to be honest thats all you are doing, out of the 200 or so views of the thread the five or so people that replied all had very negative feedback and especially you, then after trying to take apart everything ive done you will butter it up, really leave the intelectualising to the political thread please

There's no getting through to you. Everytime someone points out a flaw in what your saying you simply ignore it and spout some nice generalities. Did you notice your the one throwing the insults around? Perhaps the 200+ people couldn't be getting sucked into a rather predictable argument in which you were never going to see the light. You can single me out but seeing as your new here you'll come to learn that the majority of posters are well informed and open to learning more.

And so ends a thoroughly frustrating and 1-sided debate...

or perhaps the 200 or so people dont feel the need to be so negative on ones efforts

anyway your probably a nice guy underneath it all

• Advertisement

Have just listened to the House Nostalgia mix and its not bad but I have to agree that some of the tracks just dont go together, especially the first into second. The first few tracks in fact there is just too much vocal and piano clash between mixes.

Have downloaded the trance mix and will give that a blast today.

ok cheers for listning anyway, obiviously my standerds of a tune clashing are a lot less than the peoples that have commented, their fine to me but thanks for the comment

your beats can be perfectly matched, but if the melodic/musical elements are dissonant what youll end up with is the djing equivolent of mashing your hand into a piano trying to play along with a tune

views of the thread the five or so people that replied all had very negative feedback

seriously, does that not tell you something? Surely the fact that eveyone that has replied has said pretty much the excact same thing about your tunes clashing tells you something.

But of course, i am sure they are all wrong and dont know what there talking about.

I dont understand why you posted up your site and asked for constructive criticism and then when you get it you ignore it and just complain that everyone has it in for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Gentlemen please lighten up FFS........... :rolleyes: :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

Love ........ everybody !

Where's the god damn mutha f.uckin love ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Marx

I'll think you'll find from the posts above Richie, that it does apply to records.

You should get some good advice over on Ie-dance, a lot of dj's have made big names for themselves nationwide on there.

Heres the link:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ie-dance/

Marx wrote:
    That's a great resource there. I used to be on it when Rob Early ran it (maybe he still does); plenty of successful Irish DJs reguarlarly contributing.

Marx wrote:
    I'll think you'll find from the posts above Richie, that it does apply to records.

You should get some good advice over on Ie-dance, a lot of dj's have made big names for themselves nationwide on there.

Heres the link:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ie-dance/

hahahahaha youre only telling him to go there coz he'll get torn to shreds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

The title of the thread is asking for feedback for the site so thats what i'll address.

1 the use of the yellow times new roman font on the opening page looks very basic. May I suggest using even arial and perhaps white for the text colour (if background needs to be changed to accomodate so be it imho)

2 There is no point in placing your mp3's into zipfiles as mp3 is allready a compressed format and the zip doesnt really shrink it down any more.

3 Please title your pages. Its a pretty basic component of the site

4 The skeleteon animated gif on the music page looks very bad with its black border placed on the gray area.

5 I guess this is personal preference but I would remove the borders of the table which surrounds the links to the mp3's

6 In your photo gallery have those thumbnails as links to the bigger pictures.

7 at the bottom of the wallpaper being used in the text area of the gallery page there seems to be half of the name from possibly the site you stole it from?

To the poster telling him to subscribe to ie-dance your very mean :D

Oh and in regards to some of the other posts. A set of technics doesnt make a good dj. Skills and knowledge do. I have seen dj's stand in front of one of those dj in box packages setup and tear a place apart and this was doing hip-hop mixing/scratching. They were cheap direct drive numark btw.

Anyway mate hope you found my post helpful in developing your site if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

ChRoMe

thanks for the info,

to be honest im not too worried about the no title, skeleton etc i didnt design the site, i know you might say well its important etc to sort those things but its music i concentrate on and although it needs to be presented proplerly on the site the things you have mentioned dont really bother me, i will get the title sorted allright but the skeleton ah feck it im starting to like him, i was thinking of using him as an icon on flyers "rave to the grave" sort of buzz which im sure i will get a dozen posts disagreeing and say how tacky my site looks bla bla bla but hey feck it..

Thanks again

I'll be blunt If I visted the site it would give me a very bad impression of you and what your trying to do. Your presentation is very important if you are serious about this (sorry thats just the way it is).

Its good that you say the music is much more important but you _will_ turn people away from hearing your music by the look of the site.

I understand what your saying but i dont agree with it , if someone wants to download a mix or a production they are not going to stop because they see a skeleton dancing or no title on the page..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭2tel1

i know what your saying now about clarke..

T-t-t-tiesto cant even beat/phrase match to a high standard let alone mix in key. :D

Dave Clarke's sets are about as melodic as a jackhammer (still the king when it comes to mixing though).

Perhaps it wont totally stop them in their tracks (allthough again some people it will). It puts the listener in a negative state of mind about you before they even listen to your stuff (people are fickle creatures). It also makes you seem unorganised and messy.

I dont mean to beat you up. But if you are really serious about trying to make it and are using your webpage as a launching platform its going to need to change for people to take you seriously.

And isint it not worth the bit of effort to make it look good and give people a good first impression of you? Becuase thats essentially what you should be trying to do by using the page as a arm of your promotion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement