Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perl using Maypole help

Options
  • 29-04-2005 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

I am trying to get Maypole to work on windows as my attempts to get it working in linux have gone no where.
    I have been following this : http://maypole.perl.org/?WindowsInstall
    I have the first part done but i cant get apache to load when i make the entry into htpp.conf file. If any perl guru could tell me what this line does "use lib dirname(__FILE__) . "/../lib";" it would be a help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

use lib dirname(__FILE__) . "/../lib";"

dirname(__FILENAME__) gets the directory path containing the current file (the script or module that called it). . appends the following string to this path. use lib means look for libraries in the path following it.

Hope that helps. I haven't used Maypole at all. If you get no joy here, try perlmonks.org - a very good perl forum.

Advertisement