Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Matt Hardy thing?

• 29-04-2005 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    So i am a little confused and would like to seek some clarity. I have no idea what people are talking about with this Edge and Matt ahrdy backlash and would appreciate someone to explain to me what happened.

Have always been a fan of Matt hardy but am not sure what i think about recent developments. First, why would they edit out the chants of 'slut' if they are trying to make Lita a bad girl when it is perfectly ok for Trish to be chanted that without it being edited.

Second, is this a reaction to the Kane storyline or is it something that heppened in real life? Why was Matt let go? Did she really cheat on him and i guess if that is the case why do people care? It is none of our business is it?

If it is a reaction to the storyline then why are they editing it out. I thought that it would do the story some good to have her chanted at!!!

And as far as the Edge thing i just downright have no idea what people are talking about.

Confused and asking questions.
    - David

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Matt had been with Lita for a long time, in a serious relationship. When he was injured at the end of last year/start of this year, he found out that Lita had been cheating on him with one of his best friends, Edge, during this period. Edge had previously cheated on his wife and divorced her, then married again less than a year later, so he's nothing more than "feces", as Matt put it

A lot of rumours had been going around about this whole situation, so Matt cleared it up on his website, because he didn't want lies being spread around. The accepted belief was that when Matt came back from injury, he would go to Smackdown, to avoid any problems with Edge. Matt has been civil with Lita, they've been seen out in public together. And he said that he wouldn't be looking to have confrontations with Edge, as he doesn't care for him at all, he would be more than happy to ignore him

But then WWE go and release Matt Hardy. Because they view Edge as more "marketable". I'd say that has been proven very wrong by now. Matt has a lot of fans, many of them I believe due to the fact that he is an exemplary human being, kind of like Mick Foley, people like him because they'd love to hang out with him, he's a nice guy. He did absolutely nothing wrong in this situation, and yet he's the one who takes the punishment. Obviously it's angered a lot of people, rightly so

The chants Edge and Lita get now are not part of their characters or storylines. People legitimately hate Edge, that's not character heat he's getting. And Lita is meant to be a face, but people blame her for Matt's firing, so she's getting booed

Kane has absolutely nothing to do with anything, he just comes into it as Lita's storyline "husband"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Thank you Fozzy, it is all so clear now! As i said i was confused as to what Edge had to do with it and was not aware that he was the person whom she cheated on Matt with.
    Also was a little confused as to wether the crowd reactions were stroy related or more to the point what right the crowd has to boo something that is not story related. But i see now what is going on.
    To elaborate on that last point, before you explained this i was getting a little frustrated thinking 'why are we booing these people for something that has happened in their personal lives and is none of our business? So what if she cheated on him?'
    I see now that people are actually angry at the result of teh situation which is Matt being released and cannot blame them. Personally i would choose Matt over Edge any day of the week, not just for wrestling ability but for the characteristics that he portrays.

Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭maxtrax

Really why the WWE let Matt go was very simple he made the Lita/Edge situation public and said a few not so nice words on Edge on his web site.....

The WWE didn't like this, and so it was good bye Matt, which I do find was a really a low blow to say the least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I like Matt Hardy alot. But this whole love triangle just bores me and making it all so public does nt't make anyone look good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It makes Matt look good for one. He hasn't bitched about the whole thing. Plenty of WWE workers have done worse..poured drinks on divas, ****ted in suitcases, got naked on airplane rides, cut people's hair while they slept, legitimately bet up a wrestler during a match, and spitting in gyms too. None of them seem to have been punished

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Fozzy wrote:
    It makes Matt look good for one. He hasn't bitched about the whole thing. Plenty of WWE workers have done worse..poured drinks on divas, ****ted in suitcases, got naked on airplane rides, cut people's hair while they slept, legitimately bet up a wrestler during a match, and spitting in gyms too. None of them seem to have been punished

Very good point Fozzy, the amout of cocky pricks in the WWE who get away with all that sh1t is unreal. Then we see a great servant to the industry getting treated like crap all because of the actions of sum steroid poppin, over-rated tosser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭cutepape

Fozzy wrote:
    legitimately bet up a wrestler during a match

Now I got curious.. care to tell me Fozzy? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Cat O'Nine Tail

That would have been Hardcore Holly, who beat the crap out of Rene Dupree on a Smackdown card, over a dispute involving a rental car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

wrestlers legitimately(with the intention to harm, rather than just make the match look good) beating the crap out of the other during matches is pretty rare (except in the case of the APA). As best i can tell Bob Holly is just a prick who lives the character.
    I did hear about ken shamrock doing it once, with reason though. Apparantly he was in a match with someone, was on the ground and was taking boots to the head and whoever was kicking him was doing it without attempting to protect him. In the situation where you suck at stamping on peoples heads in the ring, generally the best thing to do is stomp the shoulders and chest, which is what shamrock told the other guy to do via the referee. The guy kept up with the striaght kicks to the head and apparantly really regretted it once shamrock got on his feet again.

Favourite recent story regarding wrestlers acting up was the one about wrestlemania 14 when steve austin pinned HBK for the title. Apparantly HBK didn't want to lose the belt(there's a shock) so the undertaker sat on a chair behind the curtain and told michaels that if he didn't lose clean he'd have a serious problem when he got back from the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

on the wrestling channel low ki went psycho on some kid. Can't rember what his name was but i think it was on ROH. Think Low Ki took some stiff shots and just snapped kicking your man in the head 5-6 times full force rapidly. You can see the kid was hurt. Just really reflects abdly on your opinion of someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Stiffing an opponent happens on almost every single indy wrestling show - some veteran wrestlers will stiff a rookie as way of initiation and some are just pricks.

Advertisement