Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witnness '99 Nostalgia

Options
  • 29-04-2005 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

i wasn't there (i know what yer thinkin, how can he be nostalgic about something he didn't go to? i'm not. But i am nostalgic about trying to convince my parents to let me go to it) but anyone who was, can you remember it, because thats when it was at its best, its funny how the less ppl that know about an event(within reason of course) the better it turns out to be. so anywho, all i remember is that it was in August, and it was in Fairyhouse, and i soooo desperately wanted to go... but my parents had already let me go to slane the year before so it was kindof a lot to ask for them to let me go to Witnness... so what are your best memories of the first ever Witnness?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭furryvision

that it was in 2000 and not 1999.
    and beck, coz it was possibly the best performance ive ever seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 foxxrok

yeah it was 2000
    beck was fookin amazin that year.far as i can remember he played the sunday.just remember being totally hammered then hearing the start of the song and freaking.sobered up staraight away.brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

okidoke, my bad.... ya see if i was there i'd have remembered what year it was...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

This year = best line up by far

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

nah...

02 was great for bands away from the main stage.

Air in a smooth smooth set to contrast the underwhelming prodigy on the main stage, The Libertines back just as they were gearing to release up the bracket, Sonic Youth on the Murry Street tour....

oh that was a good year....

'03 was just great cause of the sun, really made the festival cause everyone was unbelievablely happy.... even more so than the regular festival vibe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

in retrospec 02' was the best year, killer line up and madness was the order of the day but this year has serious potential.

Advertisement