Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Congrats to Sunderland (AGAIN)

• 29-04-2005 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭

Well done to the Sunderland lads, they won the league tonight with a 2-1 win over West Ham.

Special mention must go to Stephen Elliot, who scored the goal that won them the match but more importantly, the League tonight. Good signs for Ireland indeed.

/edit Just saw the goal on Sky there now, great finish

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Elliott's 16th goal of the season, not bad for a first season. Sunderland will stay up next season. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I can definitely see Sunderland staying up next year. Was surprised to see them go down in the first place tbh.

It will be interesting to see if the Irish contingent can make the jump to the Premier level. Including Mick McCarthy of course. Im not convinced they will and I think we will see some names like Elliot and Thornton being replaced by foreign journeymen. I dont think Mick will be given a huge warchest but he will need to strengthen his squad. His is of course, loyal to a fault but this time he has pressure from above and from the stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I can definitely see Sunderland staying up next year. Was surprised to see them go down in the first place tbh.

It will be interesting to see if the Irish contingent can make the jump to the Premier level. Including Mick McCarthy of course. Im not convinced they will and I think we will see some names like Elliot and Thornton being replaced by foreign journeymen. I dont think Mick will be given a huge warchest but he will need to strengthen his squad. His is of course, loyal to a fault but this time he has pressure from above and from the stands.

a friend who supports Sunderland thinks that next season they can repeat their 7th place Premiership finishes of a few seasons back

17th more like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Wigan have reportadly 40mill to spend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Problem for Wigan is that they may have to change the whole team around. Sunderland have some premiership quality players but I feel the Wigan team, although deserved 2nd place finishers if they get it, havent got the sort of depth in class that the Black Cats have.

40 million though! Hopefuly they'll buy Rio and we'll be shut of him. :)

Advertisement