Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Form Email Layout

Options
  • 30-04-2005 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

When my web form is filled in and submited it arrives by email and all the data is in paragraphs.

Is there a way that i can layout the info in this email a bit better - IE. maybe have it in a table or something like that??

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

It depends on what kind of script you're using to process the form data and mail it out.
    It's very hard to suggest anything usefull without knowing this.
    It could be anything from using a web-based configuration interface for that script, to getting down and dirty editing the script manually in a text editor.

Recently I had to make similar output changes while using formmail.pl, it was just a matter of going in and editing the right part of the script.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

You can send a mail as html. So, when building what the mail sends, e.g. the fields and information, you write it like a webpage:

<html>
    <head>
    </head>
    <body>
    <table>
    <tr>
    <td>Name:</td>
    <td>Joe Bloggs</td>
    </tr>
    <!-- and whatever other info you want here --!>
    </table>
    </body>
    </html>

You should have an option to change how the mail is sent, e.g. plain text or html. What script are you using to send the mail? ASP, PHP?

If you can give a bit more insight, I might be able to throw something your way.

Rgds,

Dave

Advertisement