Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek Enteprrise, Season 4, Episode 19: In a Mirror Darkly Part 2

Options
  • 30-04-2005 4:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭

Just one word:
    Legend! :D

Rate This Episode 22 votes

Amazing
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    27% 6 votes
    Ok
    40% 9 votes
    Bad
    22% 5 votes
    You Wasted 44 Mins Of My Life And I Want Them Back
    9% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

dammit still waiting for it to come in.

bloody 128k upload is a killer.

switching to the business 1024/256 package as soon as Esat/BT (or whoever they are this week) get their (or rather eircoms) LLU sorted.

I'd rather have 1mbps and be able to use it flat out, than have 2mbps going unused 90% of the time. not to mention no cap and a few other advantages.

will be ditching my landline completely and going with blueface too which will be nice. :D no line rental at all.
    5 hours to go ffs!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Still waiting on a copy to be send from the states on video tape......

Last ep seemed so so, certainly had its good points but it depends on this ep tbh
    :)

[EDIT] Episode was ok but did'ent like the ending :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

meh, it was alright I suppose. could have finished it off a bit better considering it was a 2 parter. would have made a good 3 parter methinks if they'd planned it as one.

a good idea with average execution. I'd give it a C+ or B-

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i dunno i liked having a twist at the end, twas certainly unexpected.....
    i'd liked to have seen a bit more at the end tho with the empress taking power

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

was very good should havebeen a 3 or 4 parter dont know why they endend it liekt hat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Twas ok didnt like the ending but at lest now we know why the terran empire goes to **** :cool:

Anyone notice that archer gets to be pres of the UFP ? I think the defiant was cool about as over powering as you would expect a 100 year more modren ship to be and the cgi of the gorn was very goodl imho other than that it wasnt as good as the first part.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I liked it.. maybe not quite as good as Part 1 but still the best 2 episodes of Enterprise I've seen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Yeah definatly the best two Episodes of enterprise I've ever seen. Was kinda strange seeing a constitution class starship at warp tho with the star streaks, considering that even when we saw them in the movies whilst tng was running at the same time we saw no streaks, just stars going past really fast with a 'whoooosh' still quite good. It's still kinda like the klingon thing not making sense tho. As is said in one of the interviews for the DS9 ep Trouble With Tribbles crossover 'Ok we know this thing doesn't make sense, just go with it.' Kinda felt like that considering they go from an ultra modern looking NX-01 to a Constitution with flickering lights et all. Still very good.

I have to agree tho the ending was a bit unexpected, still liked the ep on the whole tho. Can't wait for the Season Finale. (Never thought i'd be excited about an episode of Enterprise).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

The end was quite abrupt. They might have made a 3rd part, or continued the story in a few months...damn networks.

Praetorian wrote:
    The end was quite abrupt. They might have made a 3rd part, or continued the story in a few months...damn networks.
    true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Good episode, but bad ending. It a needless plot twist, would have been better without it.

Although i didnt like the ending there trying to show that the terran empire collapsed because freindship one of humanitys strongest points didnt exist.
    It showed a human race without any loyalty.

The Role of the weak is to serve the will of the strong - thats a fact in any univerce

User45701 wrote:
    Although i didnt like the ending there trying to show that the terran empire collapsed because freindship one of humanitys strongest points didnt exist.
    Except that's not the actual reason in collapsed. It fell because when Spock gained control of the Empire he introduced peace and social reform. The Empire became weak, and the Cardassians and Klingons destroyed them.

MrPinK wrote:
    Except that's not the actual reason in collapsed. It fell because when Spock gained control of the Empire he introduced peace and social reform. The Empire became weak, and the Cardassians and Klingons destroyed them.
    Are you talking about the story as was described in one of the DS9 mirror universe eps, or the William Shatner fiction?

Hes talking about DS9 where the klingon-cardy-bajor alliance destroyed the terran empire

bizmark wrote:
    Hes talking about DS9 where the klingon-cardy-bajor alliance destroyed the terran empire
    is that the one where worf is leader of the empire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

just saw it, honestly, i didnt really like the 2 episodes, but i thought the second one was ok-ish, I dont think they come close to as good as a lot of the episodes in this series, especially some of them with the andorians. Just my opinion though.

All the cannon info we have is

Empire was faced with rebels but then recoverd a ship from the future the ship was retruned to earth (unknown if Hoshi became emperas)

over 100 years later the empire is very strong and what we know is that a crossove rhappened and spock preached and reform disarment (i belive Emperor Tiberius took power after the crossover whole spock became commander and chief)

The klingonds and cardassians defeat the teran ampire and force humans and vulcans into slavery

Another crossover stands a teran rebellion a later crossover results in the ttersna getting advanced ship design (defiant) and advanced weapons (improved photon torpedo launchers (quantom torpeds) mulit targeting phasder banks)

A later crossover results in the teran empire forcing a unconditional surrender of the alliance regent and the terrans obtaining cloaking tech

Achilles wrote:
    Are you talking about the story as was described in one of the DS9 mirror universe eps, or the William Shatner fiction?
    That was how Mirror Kira described it in the first DS9 mirror ep "Crossover"

In kirks books it goes deeper tells of the final battle between the allaince and the teran empire knows funnly enouhg as wolf 359 it was the teran empires last stand.
    earth was compltly destroyed all oceans incenerated and the whole planet all forests anbd citys turned to a wasteland.

Id love a mirrir univerce movie buty what time period to set it in....

• Advertisement

Darth Bobo wrote:
    is that the one where worf is leader of the empire?

Aye thats the one worfs flagship is HUGE like 2 miles long or something

Wasn't it just a Neghvar? Don't we have them in the canon trek universe too?

Achilles wrote:
    Wasn't it just a Neghvar? Don't we have them in the canon trek universe too?

Ya it’s an uber elongated neghvar

06b9.jpg

the defiant at around 80-120 meters is tiny compeared to it where as in the canon universe the neghvar is only 600 or so meters long

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

How many DS9 mirror universe eps were there? I just saw the one where Bashir and Kira cross over, Bashir is put to work in the mines, when they escape mirror universe O'Brien and Sisko team up to start a grassroots rebellion. I also remember the TOS episode where Kirk and Bones end up in the mirror universe and convince mirror-Spock of their values.

User47501's post makes it seem like there were more DS9 eps.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think there were two more DS9 ones (at least) - one where the rebels build a Defiant class ship to fight the Alliance (mirror-Tuvok was fighting with the rebels), and one where a mirror Barial (spelling) crosses over to the real DS9 - there may be more, but those I remember

There were 5 DS9 mirror episodes. In addition to the ones above, there was also the one where Sisko posed as Mirror Sisko to convince his mirror wife to defect to the rebellion, and the atrocious epiosde where the Grand Negus is kidnapped and ransomed for a cloaking device.

Advertisement